Hate

jcshaun

Had to rant about this game. I'm verging on hating this game right now, the combat is damn awful, trying to beat this game on hard i cannot beat that damn assassin!!! Wallrun and disarm just won't work at all and then she'll do that annoying speed dash and palm in the face.. must be superhuman

If they do make a sequel which i hope they do I really hope the combat is sorted out

• Like 1

Well I hope you don't care about getting 100% in it. I spent 3 days on some single time trials that take about 1 minute.

Basically this.

Also, the combat in the game was good, I thought. To beat the assassin, you just had to slide-kick that bitch repeatedly, if I remember correctly. It's about varying the height of attacks, then backing off before she retaliated.

• Like 1

Thought half hour on on a 10 sec segment was enough for me, i dont pride myself on patience anymore haha

Basically this.

Also, the combat in the game was good, I thought. To beat the assassin, you just had to slide-kick that bitch repeatedly, if I remember correctly. It's about varying the height of attacks, then backing off before she retaliated.

I really dont like it, you affectively only have 2 moves, hit and disarm, possibly power hits (slide, jump and wallrun). Some how she is jump kicking me when im in the middle of slide kicking her :unsure: also i thought she is the ultimate sponge and the only way to beat her was to disarm so whats the point in backing off after attacking her?

Edit: Did your way on about my 2nd try haha, this game is good again

Edited by jcshaun
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This might help: http://www.youtube.c...8FBD935BC51FAA0

It's a compilation of video tutorials on time trials and speed runs. Basically he just explains every shortcut he knows and more or less how to do it. Then for time trials he does a 3 star run. For speed runs instead you can see his recordings here

but without any kind of explanations, so watching them alone can be a little less usefull.

I'm just starting out, I have 7 stars I think and 3 speed runs (Prologue, 1 and 4), but them tutorial are a huge help. I would never be able to spot or think of some of the shortcuts he mention!

Edited by DocDoomII

Don't I know it.

I spent 30 minutes trying a jump in chapter 3 (the one at the end that allows to go to the second building with scaffolding and reach the red crane on top very quickly) and I failed miserably for all 30 minutes.

I can't even do some of the strange lateral jumps he does when wall climbing. Even the side step boost is kind of '50-50'. I want a mouse.

This platinum is gonna be a very very long journey.

Edited by DocDoomII
  • Like 1

haha i dont even bother with the side boost at all, is that the chapter with a huge drain? there ws an absolute huge shortcut when you can just fall down it and dont even get hurt.

Now that im back at uni i wont be platinum'ing this game for long time, need so much time just to keep running the course if not ill forget it

I sort of agree with you on the combat...buuuuut that's the point lol. It's more of an "avoiding combat" kind of game and when you do get into a confrontation, just slide kick and such. I for one love everything about this game. The frustration of getting 3 stars on a lot of the time trials was actually rewarding. I haven't done any of the DLC maps because they are insane, but I plan on doing them. I came back to this game after like 3 years, lol. I'm mad at myself for putting it off for so long.

It's sitting with an easy trophy for the :platinum: on purpose as I'm making it my 50th/3000th trophy. I basically have the plat though B)

Good luck!

Edited by daftprophet

i played most of the game without getiing into combat, its jsut that damn boss, it didnt give a clue how to get passed them and wasnt optional and seemed impossible on hard, thank god im passed it now

good luck to you too on the plat

• Like 1

aww man well done

i got some free time from uni today and it keeps telling me i cant connect to the servers :( same for anyone else? or is my internet just rubbish in this new house?

EDIT: actually got online to do them, 2 down and 2 more to go :D

Edited by jcshaun

You don't need to be online to do the time trials.

I 3 starred 2 of them this morning while offline.

Yes, this. But keep in mind(as this happened to me) If you start online/offline and then switch, the numbers may not add up. I 3 starred a few online then went to playing them offline and had less. Just letting you know because I thought it was weird that I unlocked 35 stars when I only had 32 or something like that.

That's what happens when you put the game off for a year, lol. :|

Yes, this. But keep in mind(as this happened to me) If you start online/offline and then switch, the numbers may not add up. I 3 starred a few online then went to playing them offline and had less. Just letting you know because I thought it was weird that I unlocked 35 stars when I only had 32 or something like that.

That's what happens when you put the game off for a year, lol. :|

That happens when you are online and after finishing a race, the game fails to upload the record. It could show you getting the stars, but when you get back to the menu the stars and the record are gone.

At least that's what happened to me.

I had to re-do it twice to be able to save the record!

I was wrong. If you play offline the stars and records don't get saved for the online.

That's kind of stupid, the game should upload them at the first opportunity...

well, who cares

I have 54 stars now

the 100% is close!

Edited by DocDoomII
  • Like 1

I was wrong. If you play online the stars and records don't get saved for the online.

That's kind of stupid, the game should upload them at the first opportunity...

well, who cares

I have 54 stars now

the 100% is close!

Dayum. Good luck with the 100%

I would like to go for it eventually but I'm just going for the :platinum: first.