Hate

jcshaun

100% done!

I wanted to try and achieve it with the platinum, but I couldn't manage to 3 star many of trials I had left, so I had to get the Superstar trophy after the platinum.

Nice job on the 100%! :awesome: I put that part on the back burner...

congrats on getting the platinums guys!! sadly uni took over my life then lost interest, hopefully one day!

Thanks! Hope you get back to it eventually!

Edited by daftprophet

• 1 month later...

Ovendonkeys videos are what enabled me to get the platinum after 4 long years(not non-stop playing, went a year or two without touching the damn game and got multiple Y.L.O.D as well). informative and some of the commentary was a good laugh which helped when your raging at failing for the X time. As for the assassin on hard, I just slide kick, punch, punch. it would give me a slap, which is where I backed off and repeated the slide kick, punch punch. took her down in about 45-60 seconds give or take.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the game a week ago. It can definitely be frustrating to me... I get to points when I want to chuck the ps3 controller thru the TV screen... The damn combat. But then again I am aiming for the Test Of Faith trophy (no shooting) on my first playthrough. And it certainly is a test. I'm hoping Hard will be much easier than this, when I'll be on a shooting spree.

Definitely a good game. Not looking forward to any time trials though :l

Edited by VERlDlSQUO

I LOVE this game ^^ I've been playing it the last couple weeks, and currently have 89 stars! One more star for 100%, just want to earn some other trophy first so that Superstar will be my 1000th trophy :D

Good luck to all others, VerI if you have problems with the combat than you are going to love the speedruns, which are only about 6000x harder lol, but don't despair, keep trying and you'll get them.

And for anyone wondering about the 100%, you definitely have to put in a lot more time on the trials to earn it, but in my opinion, anyone who can complete all the Chapter Speedruns can definitely get the 100% if they are willing to put in the time. You need to go through lots of trials, but none of them individually are harder than the hard speedruns - well some of them might be but luckily with 99 possible stars total you have a little leeway to avoid three stars on the hardest trials.

*edit* By the way ovendonkey's tutorials on youtube are extremely helpful when working on the trials and speedruns http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLD8FBD935BC51FAA0

Edited by lporiginalg

well done!! I used those tutorials for my speedruns, some of his stuff was way too advanced for me!

May put some time in trials after my next deadline but I'm kinda enjoy my PSN Plus games too much: MK is much better than i expected!!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm, I must be the only person that actually didn't have an issue with the platinum! I actually thought that going for the platinum gave me a much greater appreciation for the game, I actually had a complete blast with the time-trials (and I usually hate time trials). I bought the DLC though so that I could get more stars easier and to the people who 100%ed the game, I salute you!!

The speed runs of levels actually weren't that bad to me, there were several levels that I was MILLISECONDS away from losing time on my second or third try but now I'm starting to think that was a lot of luck! Haha, anyway, that's one of my favorite games and definitely one of my most appreciated platinums for showing me features about the game that I never would have considered trying that I ended up loving.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NOT INTERESTED TO MIRROR EDGE 2  :angry:

i am trying to beat the damn chapter 2 speedrun with more than 15 tries " could be even more " and still no luck, no wonder why a lot's of reviewers complaint about the annoying trial and error nature of it. instead of making you became better after each error, it will makes you get frustrated more and more and eventually rage quit the game, i know that some skilled or speedrunners are actually died in the game intentionally to skip a part or something, but i saw a videos of a speedrunners that they know the game 100% that still dying at some parts by mistakes 2 or 3 times. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The game is hard for sure, but definately not as hard as trying to do parkour in real life or disarm an enemy in real life. But, this is a video game, and it messes up, a lot. But Mirror's Edge Catalyst should promise a fix to all of your problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't get it... Beating the Assassin is easy af... Slide kick, normal punch, back off until she attacks you <- repeat. Platin is also very easy in general. Could do this in one day if I'd have the time for it. 1d 22hrs on this account though...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3.9.2015 at 1:29 AM, Arkthur said:

There are many glitches that make you rage. You don't usually notice them on story mode because the pace of the game is different. But once you start the time trials or speed runs, where every movement counts, thats when the rage starts xD

What kind of glitches do you mean? I just finished the game and didn't notice anything :o never felt like anything was the games fault always my own lack of skill and experience. Game never crashed or anything. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...