Day of the Trophy Thoughts: Remastered

Discuss the trophies here.

I'm personally not looking forward to Mental Patience simply because I'm one of those people who just goes to the next line of dialogue once he's done reading it instead of waiting for the voice to finish, so this could be grating to me if it includes dialogue and not just video cutscenes.

Edited by Walter-kun

I sure hope the Games History Major trophy is earned upon completing Maniac Mansion instead of just loading it up so more gamers wouldn't just start it up just for the sake of earning the trophy and actually enjoy the experience of playing it.

Well the microwave trophy with the hamster is there so it forces it a bit.

List looks great. Not sure when ill pick it up though

List looks good to me! Most of them look like they'll come through normal gameplay, so I'll probably go through a normal playthrough without trying for trophies then go back to old saves for cleanup.  Honestly wasn't totally expecting a platinum, but glad to see one.

Edit - Totally missed that there's a trophy for playing Maniac Mansion.  That makes this list/game even more amazing!

Edit 2 - How did I miss that Maniac Mansion was playable in the original?! I always busted out my old LucasArts collection floppy discs to play it.

Edited by Komrade_Konrad

This is a fun list!  I know the game pretty well, but I must admit I'm not 100% sure what all the novelty items are.

Edit: just kidding, it's a story-related trophy.

I sure hope the Games History Major trophy is earned upon completing Maniac Mansion instead of just loading it up so more gamers wouldn't just start it up just for the sake of earning the trophy and actually enjoy the experience of playing it.

It pops once you load the game, but as noted above, you still have to play for a little while to get the hamster trophy.

Edited by themindisacity

Discuss the trophies here.

I'm personally not looking forward to Mental Patience simply because I'm one of those people who just goes to the next line of dialogue once he's done reading it instead of waiting for the voice to finish, so this could be grating to me if it includes dialogue and not just video cutscenes.

Actually, I can confirm that you can skip dialogue when you're done reading it (pressing X); you just can't skip scenes (holding down O).

I personally have no idea what any of the trophies are, having never played the original.

My gaming back when this was first released was based upon what my Day purchased for his Amiga - Secret of Monkey Island and Flight of the Amazon Queen were released either side of this but I would hazard a guess that owing to the visuals I think this would have been overlooked.

With that said I'm very excited for, basically, a new adventure game coming my way on Tuesday.  I don't know whether I'll play it immediately, currently playing Danganronpa 2, and only the commuted - but excited for it when I get there.

Edited by LastPisTolman

Looking forward to play this once the digital version becomes playable, jealous of themindisacity for already having gotten the platinum :P I'm happy the trophy list once again involves doing some random, fun things instead of just being a story-based list ^^

• Like 1

Looking forward to play this once the digital version becomes playable, jealous of themindisacity for already having gotten the platinum :P I'm happy the trophy list once again involves doing some random, fun things instead of just being a story-based list ^^

Digital version? Is there a retail release too? :huh:

Will wait for IGC.

Bought Grim Fandango....bought it...did not complete it. Got burnt by IGC.

Will wait for it. Point and Click games loves IGC: Broken Age, Grim Fandango, Sherlock Holmes.

That's similar to my problem. Bought Grim Fandango day-one, played it (didn't enjoy it that much, to be honest) and later on it was in IGC. Broken Age also ended up in the IGC (didn't buy it though and don't even want to try it). And DotT might also end up in IGC, 'cause:

Point-and-Click adventure and Double Fine.

Still I would be interested in this.  :unsure:

EDIT: God dammit, I pre-ordered it.  :facepalm:

Edited by crimsonidol-de

Oh yeah. Just preordered it too. First time I preorder something. I thought I could at least download it, but nope.

I'm pretty sure you can download something 24 hours before release date.  That's what I did when I preordered Grim Fandango.

Yeah, it should be downloadable already (mine was downloading today), just not playable yet. Doc, check your auto-download settings?