this game sucks

MOHF is a HD port. That means the resolution of the game was updated for the console it was ported to. 

Also, you said they (EA) didn't upgrade the graphics at all, are you sure about that?

PS2

PS3

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 2

You should have done some research or asked opinions. I remember when Prince of Persia Trilogy had a port, but complaints about glitchs and bad graphics made me stay away from it. Even if a game is cheap, if you have doubts about it then dont buy it. You will save time, money and avoid frustration.

I think these "HD" jobs where they just clean up a few textures and whatnot instead of doing a massive remake, are actually quite nice most of the time. It's an old game, it's not going to look gorgeous just because it's on a new console, but the little cleanup job and whatnot makes it look clean enough for me anyways. Don't buy it if that's an issue man, YouTube (and make sure you at least hit 1080p) some clips and see how it looks next time?

I would disagree, I never experienced a single glitch/bug/issue when I played this. I've been playing the MoH series since it first came out on PS1. Getting to play this again on PS3 brought back some great memories. It was also good to play an old school shooter that doesn't have any check points in a level and health doesn't automatically regenerate when taking cover.

the game was pretty good tbh.. i know the graphics were poor and the controls can be tricky but i actually enjoyed it as a WW2 fan. getting the plat was really fun too .. hard mode was challenging

Fun? Fun isn't what happened in my playthrough on hard. People with rocket launchers shot me through a rock. I WAS IN A WAR WHEN PLAYING THIS!!!!!!!! I deserve a medal for what I experienced. I get flashbacks when hearing about that game.
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

It was a phenomenal game in its time. Great story and good history. Hit detection is piss poor though and there are so many glitches that you don't really have much control over the game. Hard mode is hard as shit, but mainly because the hit detection blows. Frustrating as hell but I'd still rather play this game than any cod after black ops

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was a phenomenal game in its time. Great story and good history. Hit detection is piss poor though and there are so many glitches that you don't really have much control over the game. Hard mode is hard as shit, but mainly because the hit detection blows. Frustrating as hell but I'd still rather play this game than any cod after black ops

I remember hard mode being brutal on PS2. 

I would disagree, I never experienced a single glitch/bug/issue when I played this. I've been playing the MoH series since it first came out on PS1. Getting to play this again on PS3 brought back some great memories. It was also good to play an old school shooter that doesn't have any check points in a level and health doesn't automatically regenerate when taking cover.

Well i'm not a 100% on your side, but close :D

The game mechanics (no auto-health among others) top yes, but no checkpoints? Horrible if your console is overheating several times during the same mission :( ... but to be fair, it wasn't the game, just my old ps3 full with dust inside :(

Completing a mission wasn't a problem, but sometimes i didn't see any new enemies though i ran through a level for 99% (at a 100% i would have finished :P )... and sometimes i'm sure i was hit though staying behind a wall... not just half body height, but 2 storages high a wall in front of me and i was still hit :huh:

@ Topic:

i decided to get this thing and complete it... and after getting through high difficulty (brutal :( ) i thought hell yeah i still like this game xD 

I don't give a second thought about graphics in this case :P:D

On topic: I platted Medal of Honor: Frontline. Yes it was difficult but I ran into no glitches or bugs. Maybe you just need to try harder?

Off topic: I platted all three of the Prince of Persia remasters. Yes it was difficult but I ran into no glitches or bugs. Maybe you just need to try harder?

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...