Making a Backup Save?

FateorDestiny

Hi everyone!

I'm near the end of the game now and I read in the guide that you should make a backup save before the final boss to get both ending trophies in one play through. How do you make a backup save? The game autosaves as far as I can tell and I imagine that once you pick an ending it will autosave to create the NG+ file so can someone please explain to me how to create a backup save for this purpose?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question is really stupid haha.

:)

Would it be possible to get one of the ending trophies and then load a backup autosave from the cloud from before the boss fight/decision? You may have to be a PS+ subscriber to access the cloud though, I can't remember. 

Parker

You want to turn off auto-upload to cloud for that game, so it doesn't auto-upload. Upload the save manually from the part where you want to continue later. Do one ending, then download the save you had uploaded earlier and overwrite the one you just played an ending for, and from there you can do another ending etc.

You may also just back it up to USB stick and save on your PC, there you can have many "slots" so to speak. :) Not all games support copy save to USB though.

Even if the save says like 140MB or something, it's not really that big. I think it's just encrypted, and when you upload to the cloud, it decrypts it before uploading, and then it might just be like 1MB. :P However, when you transfer to USB, it's 140MB and unless the stick you transfer to is USB3, it might take some minutes.

Edited by MMDE

Hey MMDE thanks for the advice! Ok so I would turn off auto-upload for that game after making my final auto-save before the final boss, and then upload it right away to the cloud. Then beat the boss and pick an ending. Then download the last cloud save which should be my last auto-save before disabling auto-uploads and overwrite the save that is there, beat the boss again and tada! I think I understand that correctly right?

You still have to make a backup save because it puts you in NG+ automatically when you finish the game. The purpose of using the bell to return to the shrine is just so you don't need to fight the boss again. 

Edited by ggamer15
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2016 at 0:42 AM, Gage said:

The purpose of using the bell to return to the shrine is just so you don't need to fight the boss again. 

Ha, I should have thought of that - instead, I quit the game after beating the final boss, uploaded the save to the cloud, re-loaded the game and.. found the boss in the arena ready to smash me to pieces ;) Fortunately, the final boss is a walk in the park compared to earlier bosses (and one of the few that I beat on my first try), so in the end I wasn't too mad.