How difficult are these trophies to obtain?

I am interested in this game but I'm wondering how difficult are these trophies to get?  Without counting the Emperor or fishing trophy, can I expect to obtain at least 60% completion in under 160 hours?  I like playing solo, personally, but if the game is fun, I wouldn't mind playing with others when I had to.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Yea I've heard people really getting upset with the difficulty of that one.  I just want to make sure this game is worth my time before I buy it.  I want an Elder Scrolls 6, but from an interview I read the other day with a big shot from Bethesda, they're target release date for it was 2019.  I almost cried. So I was hoping this might hold me over for a while.  I really want a good western style fantasy RPG to play. 

Judging from your trophy list, you only have PS3/Vita titles, do you have a PS4?

Id recommend many other RPGs before ESO. The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inq, even Fallout 4. For an MMO fix, try Final Fantasy 14. ESO is only fun with a solid group of friends, and even then, the combat is uninteresting until the endgame, loot game is poor, and the PvP is just no fun personally, just a constant back and forth. It is NOT an Elder Scrolls main entry title, dont go in expecting Skyrim.

I don't have a PS4 yet. I was waiting for some games that I really wanted to play before spending the money on a new console. Thank you for the suggestions! I appreciate your thoughts and input. I'll look into Dragon Age Inquisition. I've heard it's similar to Skyrim in regards to exploration.

• 3 weeks later...

You will sink 100-120 hours getting through all the pVE area's unless you skip most dialogue and rush from one objective to the next, Group and public dungeons will take about an hour each, Cyrodiil is luck based if you can get around without ganking taking place

If your looking for a quick and easy 60% this isn't the game for you, with DLC being released every 3 months, the % will keep dropping too

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who replied!  I ended up with Dishonored:  Definitive Edition.  Not an RPG, but a fantastic game that I would highly recommend.  It does have some RPG elements.  I'm on to Shadow of Mordor:  GOTY Edition now.  Maybe one day, we can all be talking about how awesome The Elder Scrolls 6 is.  And by "one day", I mean in like 2095 lol.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thank you to everyone who replied!  I ended up with Dishonored:  Definitive Edition.  Not an RPG, but a fantastic game that I would highly recommend.  It does have some RPG elements.  I'm on to Shadow of Mordor:  GOTY Edition now.  Maybe one day, we can all be talking about how awesome The Elder Scrolls 6 is.  And by "one day", I mean in like 2095 lol.

Bubblyfishes heavily approves of this post.  :highfive:

• 9 months later...

i see only 100 people platted this game lol,is it pretty much just worth skipping and not even bothering diving into it? its like 10 bucks on sale. theres so many editions im guessing thats just the basic game. sometimes i dont care for platinums but if its a really annoying platinum i wont bother even trying the game at all as itll annoy me even more being left with 2 trophies

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's nearly impossible to get a 40-60% completion in 100-150 hours, but after the One Tamriel update, there might be an optimal route:

- Complete the main mission

- Complete DLC story-related missions (completing DLCs help immensely, because they require less time to gain more trophies)

- Complete Mages Guild and Thieves Guild while working on exploration and try to jump in when there's an anchor fight

- Queue to Dungeon Finders

- Well, buy some crowns and get Lycantrophy and Vampirism out of the way if you don't want to spend the extra time

- ... and then begins the immense grind of completing all quests and finding all skyshards

For me this seems to take for ages and ages, and by completing the above mentioned objectives, you're still around 20-40%... it's a nightmare, I did a breakdown in a notebook of how many quests I have to complete and on average how much time it is to complete a quest if you're lucky to have more players to beat bosses faster... just for the three silver trophies regarding quests, you have to complete a 1000 quests, so if you can complete a quest in 6 minutes (0,1 Hours), these 3 silver trophies can take up a 100 hours. And believe me, some quests can take as much as 20 minutes, even if you skip all dialogue. Main missions are a whole other affair, some of the chapters can take 1-2 hours, same with DLC quests...

And I'm still going on about quests, aside from these, there is an immense amount of MMO crap.

I estimate the completion of this game around 400-600 hours (especially if you like to take in the scenery now and then, maybe read up some lore, and you really should) and not including Emperor. Emperor requires a weekly schedule of not eating and sleeping way after you've completed everything else.

What's worse, the later trophies are gold trophies, so your completion ratio will suffer for a long-long time, even if you manage to complete most of the game, you'll still miss big amounts of %-s trophy-wise.

The reason I'm not complaining about any of this, is that this game is pretty much a solid Elder Scrolls-game which can be played in a leisure, single-player-ish manner, and I'm okay with not being a completionist in it. I play it occasionally, there's always some progress. I hope to get some more trophies before the Morrowind update.

Much like the OP, I would be happy to have a 60% completion before giving up completely, but I'm okay with it taking its sweet time. It's either this or waiting for TES6 bitterly.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 5:43 AM, melodicmizery said:

i see only 100 people platted this game lol,is it pretty much just worth skipping and not even bothering diving into it? its like 10 bucks on sale. theres so many editions im guessing thats just the basic game. sometimes i dont care for platinums but if its a really annoying platinum i wont bother even trying the game at all as itll annoy me even more being left with 2 trophies

On 4/14/2017 at 7:12 AM, Spider-Man916 said:

The game looked interesting to me and the game preview video on the PSN Store makes it look amazing, but then I heard all about the emperor trophy and all I thought was, "Pass!" LOL

Judging by your profiles you guys have more E ranks than even the sloppiest completionist, what difference will this one make?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'll never understand, why developers integrate such trophies like the Emperor. For people who have jobs (no pun intended) it is completely impossible to have the slightest chance to obtain this trophy. If you go for an ingame achievement way, like, you get a special mount, bonuses and an ingame title for the Emporer, I'm completely fine with it, 'cause it's a long path to go and you shall be rewarded. But having a trophy like this, just destroys the fun for sooo many people.

On 27.4.2017 at 2:04 PM, fbdbh said:

Judging by your profiles you guys have more E ranks than even the sloppiest completionist, what difference will this one make?

same goes for me, I just plat the games I really like or I play them years after release. But here, it is impossible for me to ever achieve the trophy (despite winning millions in the lottery and staying awake for a week on drugs).

On 2.6.2017 at 9:41 PM, TKdovahkiin said:

But the bosses can be insanely difficult unless there are other people around.

Grouping in itself can be time consuming and difficult.

Yes, world bosses, especially the one in DLC-areas are mostly only manageable in a group (I know, there are some people who even get world bosses down solo...).

According to your trophycard you havn´t reached even lvl 50 by now. So give it some extra time, to power up your different skills and getting Champion Points. I´ve 613 CP by now and most of the content is doable solo for me (and I´m not a good player...).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

But if you're level 613 CP you're good.....

Unfortunately not ;-) I´ve just played the game for about 1,5 years now. Level-ups and CP come by itself by playing, nothing to do with skill...

But yeah, enjoy the game. ?

Edited by keegan42

On 6/2/2017 at 10:41 PM, TKdovahkiin said:

But the bosses can be insanely difficult unless there are other people around.

Grouping in itself can be time consuming and difficult.

But I just got Morrowind - who cares about trophies!

Take note you don't have to clear World Bosses for any of the trophies, they're the million hp ones in free roam. Just go near enough to "discover" the spot and you have satisfied Pathfinder requirements. They're meant for at least four people, but two will often suffice except for DLC areas. Some I soloed but it becomes kind of a drawn out endurance fight when I run out resources, because then I lose my rotations and become a single trick pony, recovering just enough to keep doing my best self-healer every few ticks. Kind of hilarious to watch, because for the last minutes the boss hits - you're on last breath - you hit - back to full health - boss hits - you're on last breath - you hit and so on. Glass cannon SMH.

You will, eventually, have to do the trials IIRC - those are the ones people in chat request "9 dd, 2 heal, 1 tank" to join for - and they're a DPS fest, but you can just do everything else and keep refining your playstyle until you're comfortable enough to go there. By the time you've crafted golden weapons (and unless you're a tank that's all the golden gear you really want) and go 450+ Champion Points there's not much in the PvE to stop you.

Don't bother with the Activity Finder to join a group (and for the dungeons, they'd often kick you off group for being under lv50 too...) Rather post lfg (Looking for Group) and what you need in your guild or zone chat. If you go to any of the capital zones or Craglorn, you'll notice how people ask for group joins.

The game does indeed get "easier" with time. With One Tamriel even if you were lv1 you keep scaling your stats to the bosses, but ESO isn't really about your base stats. So rather it's equipping a full set that buffs your DPS, defense, healing based on how you play, and equipping skills and then learning the rotation in which sequence to stack their effects is the trick which will make your survival rate much higher.

Edited by ars
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've nearly got the platinum now, anyway. Its not really hard, just time consuming. Few more quests in the covenant area and the last few rare fishes for the master fisher trophy. But if you're going for broke and planning on keeping up 100% trophies then you'll need to get to grips with both PvE and PvP.
- The PvE side is just about remembering mechanics and joining one of many helpful guilds out there (theres loads of them!)
- The PvP side of it is all about making a build that works well in the current meta so you can get those 2 morrowind pvp trophies and the almighty Emperor trophy. Check out AlcastHQ for the easiest/best up-to-date setups.
Just don't let the Emperor trophy put you off though, as you will come to realise once you have a nice build and regularly play pvp that its much easier and all about putting in the hours most efficiently to get enough points to be on the top of the leaderboard (avoid the big campaigns and stick to the smaller ones for an easier attempt)
For that trophy i recommend:

- set a 7 day campaign as your home campaign
- always repair EVERY door/wall possible - you'll be surprised how many half fixed walls there are!

- spend MOST of your AP on repair kits for that reason above ^^
- ganking (personal opinion - i use bow/gank NB in pvp and i get AP like crazy, but you can do better with whatever class/build you're comfortable in)
- whilst groups are sieging doors grab a resource then run to the keep before its central flags are taken and then get the rest afterwards
- always look at the map for places under attack to grab AP

- read the shoutouts in the zone chat and learn the names of keeps to make sure you're always in the action
- kill a cave boss each hour (very easy) to get an AP boost for 1 hour

- join a pvp guild (not really needed, but theres plenty of great guilds out there who get emperor on a weekly basis by just playing, so they probably would happily help you out with support if you're running for it)

I work 5 days a week, 12 hours a day and see my girlfriend on the weekends and i still got Emperor in the first 2 months of playing this game (last year) and i wouldnt even consider myself a hardcore OP player in the slightest.
So if i can do it, anyone can! - Just enjoy the game & Good Luck! :)

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, MiamiNights89 said:

I work 5 days a week, 12 hours a day and see my girlfriend on the weekends and i still got Emperor in the first 2 months of playing this game (last year) and i wouldnt even consider myself a hardcore OP player in the slightest.
So if i can do it, anyone can! - Just enjoy the game & Good Luck! :)

Whaaaaat? What class are you playing that you managed to get the Emperor in the first 2 months of playing? Last time I played (also for about 2-3months) I couldn't even get my foot to PvP as I was constantly getting stomped.

• Like 1

I was using my main (pve build) imperial DK with hundings rage and defiler set. Bow & 2h. I was combat-useless but rolled with a decent group, 630CPs and that. Whilst I was like late 100 something CP I was in a low pop server with a guild running with me. They were grinding AP and I ended up 5th or 6th on leaderboard after day 1 campaign, then when everyone went offline I carried on repairing stuff and taking resources and that solo and bumped up to 2nd place by about 5am.

I got up after a few hours sleep and carried on until my guild started getting back on, then by afternoon we had pushed me to #1 so we just took the remaining keeps to crown me emp. Lucky though, cause it was JUST BEFORE enemy players started getting back into pvp for the day.

• Like 1

@MiamiNights89 is correct, you don't need to be an OP PvP'er to reach Emperor, you keep on getting AP from the group even lying dead on the battleground (although you should rather learn how to stay alive). Join an active guild, join the campaign exactly when it begins and be prepared to grind your AP for long hours for the next day or two. Your competition might be better at gaining AP, but they usually log off after a couple hours while you can keep on scoring the whole day.

You can even do this on the pre lv50 campaign. You can respec your character all you want and if you think you lack the right skills or the class for a PvP setup you do have multiple character slots, just make another one oriented towards Cyrodiil.

• Like 1