Question about Music Appreciation Award

Is there a certain point I have to turn on the stereo? I waited until really near the end, turned it on, didn't turn it off again, completed the game and the trophy didn't unlock.

How could you possibly beat the game without doing it?  You need to turn on the stereo to get the fake vomit on the ceiling, which is needed to disqualify Harold so you can get Laverne's Chron-o-John working.

That having been said, if you turned it on "near the end," it's possible you did it during the epilogue, which takes place "yesterday."  The stereo needs to stay on from "today" to "yesterday" so you've missed your window.

Edited by themindisacity

How could you possibly beat the game without doing it?  You need to turn on the stereo to get the fake vomit on the ceiling, which is needed to disqualify Harold so you can get Laverne's Chron-o-John working.

That having been said, if you turned it on "near the end," it's possible you did it during the epilogue, which takes place "yesterday."  The stereo needs to stay on from "today" to "yesterday" so you've missed your window.

I waited until close to the end of the game, doing everything else I could first, such as getting the battery for Hoagie and doing most of Laverne's stuff. Then I turned it on, disqualified Harold, completed Laverne's Chron-o-John, stereo still playing. I touched the stereo once, to turn it on. Then when I got to "yesterday" the trophy failed to unlock. I have every other trophy except that one, so I was just curious if I had to turn it on early and go through the entire game like that or if it just glitched out on me.

I waited until close to the end of the game, doing everything else I could first, such as getting the battery for Hoagie and doing most of Laverne's stuff. Then I turned it on, disqualified Harold, completed Laverne's Chron-o-John, stereo still playing. I touched the stereo once, to turn it on. Then when I got to "yesterday" the trophy failed to unlock. I have every other trophy except that one, so I was just curious if I had to turn it on early and go through the entire game like that or if it just glitched out on me.

It's possible.  I did it as early as possible (I play through a chunk of Bernard's stuff first), and had no problems unlocking it.

It seems there's a point at which the stereo must be turned on or else you won't get it. I waited until the absolute last moment as well (I know the game by heart because I played through it so many times back in the day), but that didn't unlock the trophy for me. I did a new playthrough where I turned the stereo on at the first possible moment and the trophy popped during the cutscene where Hoagie and Laverne are returning to the present.