Why is Platinum rare?

I wonder why the platinum is such rare when it's so easy? By far the easiest veteran campaign on any CoD. Flip Flop is easy to get if you remove the game save (updates) and glitch. It's SO easy. And most other trophies except flip flop and veteran campaign is walk in the park. And it's not that time consuming either. Even if it's not a 1 day platinum.

This trophy guide rates the difficulty 3/10 and I has to agree.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-ps3/guide/

Can somebody explain why it's "Ultra Rare"? Is it beacause most people think AW sucks and they stop playing it after awhile?

Edited by A-Rebirth

Well, the trophies are calculated based on the people who have the game registered in their profile ...

So the game is registered with 86,085 players (Game owners) 

list of players who achieved the platinum 3,709 (Platinum Achievers)

3,709/86,065 = 0.04308 ... multuiply that by 100 and you get 4.308% ... Round it up and you get 4.31% ... Anything below 5% is ultra rare :D 

Hope that answers your question.

Also The game is mostly bought by people who just play the online and that increases the number of owners and since they don't go for percentage, it puts more weight and makes it ultra rare.

It's a huge misconception that platinum trophy rarity is a measure of difficulty. More often than not, it's a better measure of popularity among trophy hunters or even non trophy hunters that enjoy it so much that they go for the platinum to show it.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 2

Story was trash really no point in having it in CoD anymore.

CoD has a story? I thought most people bought it for the MP, why have any story at all? What a waste of developers time, they should just make the MP better since the great majority only care about that.

CoD has a story? I thought most people bought it for the MP, why have any story at all? What a waste of developers time, they should just make the MP better since the great majority only care about that.

For the old games... The story isn't that bad. If you're a fan of 80's (or early 90's) hard boiled action movies such as Rambo, Terminator, Under the Siege etc. the chances are high that you may also like some stories behind CoD. You know, it's all about personal preferences. The new games feels less good. AW is a joke in the beginning especially at the funeral. Then I think it tend to be better and better. The end was OK. Ghosts was way worse if you ask me.

And BTW, BO3 for PS3 is missing the storyline. 

Edited by A-Rebirth