Australia not getting this?

LunchCannon54

Well difference was we didn't have an R rating at the time, though if anything they've been MORE harsh ever since we got it, and seems just like MA 2.0.

But we did in fact have an R rating when the PS3 version was released but we didnt get that either. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/49851/manhunt-coming-to-psn-next-week.html

Like i said before Australia is weird. Censoring south park and saints row after a new classification  :facepalm:

Even though under the new regulations and shit, Manhunt may be allowed to grab an R18+ rating here if it were released now, I *think* Rockstar'd still have to resubmit the game for rating, which isn't free, and let's be real, the game wasn't sold here, most people who buy PS2 games on PS3/PS4 are buying them out of nostalgia and if it wasn't sold here, there wouldn't be a big nostalgia market to hit. So paying the fee to get the game re-rated, to hope that it can manage an R18+ rating, to only sell probably a couple hundred, maybe a couple thousand, copies in the whole country, just doesn't seem worth it, especially since anyone who really wants it has probably already imported a disc version in the day, or will just make a UK/US account for it and buy it there, so Rockstar would have their money anyways.

That being said, the R18+ rating system we have here, for all the time and effort it took to get, is fucking useless if Saints Row and South Park get censored and we straight up can't even get Hotline Miami 2 AFTER the first fucking one was already sold here anyway.

• Like 3

AUS rating board is weird but you'd think sony would have that fixed before shoving the game out into the wild.

Rockstar - "We would like to re-release some older games in our catalog. We would both make big money with minimal development costs since all thats changing is polishing the graphics and adding trophy support. What do you say Sony?"

Sony -"Well, before we turn that free-cash spigot on let's make sure Australia can sell it. Even though Manhunt has a very limited audience and was banned when it was initially released, it's the fair thing to do."

Rockstar - "D'OH! Ok, you have a point . . :-( "

Nah, I can't see that happening.

AUS rating board is weird but you'd think sony would have that fixed before shoving the game out into the wild.

It's not really Sony's fault, they didn't make the game. Our classification board just needs to fix themselves up.

I fucking hate this country 

Why the fuck did we fight for so long and so hard to get R rating only to still get everything fucking censored ffs.

You hate a country because a game isn't classified here. Are you sure you're old enough for R rated games?
  • Like 2

Germany doesnt get it too. Back than the USK was super strict. But it got a lot better nowadays  ( Doom uncut ) and we would probably get it, if they resubmitted it. But getting it from UK or US isnt a big deal anyway 

It's not only unavailable in Germany due to a missing USK rating, but was totally banned and actually forbidden by law to own copies of the game (confiscated because of representation of violence) - didn't know that until I read it on wikipedia.

Thanks to our sweet neighbours from Austria who provide this one for us (digital, if you create an account) :)

(and of course to other countries, but AT is just the shortest and most logical way to easily get PSN cards :) )

Edited by dalailama1989

I have a NA account which means i'll still be able to purchase Manhunt PS4 from there. To Australia Gamers out there if your after Manhunt on PS4, then create a NA account that way you get Manhunt PS4 without any worries and problems. www.pcgamesupply.com

Rockstar - "We would like to re-release some older games in our catalog. We would both make big money with minimal development costs since all thats changing is polishing the graphics and adding trophy support. What do you say Sony?"

Sony -"Well, before we turn that free-cash spigot on let's make sure Australia can sell it. Even though Manhunt has a very limited audience and was banned when it was initially released, it's the fair thing to do."

Rockstar - "D'OH! Ok, you have a point . . :-( "

Nah, I can't see that happening.

Yet you expected us to care that you didn't get Xenoblade Chronicles (yet you did anyway eventually)? Why is it when Americans don't get something they bitch and moan and carry on but when someone else (to them "less important") doesn't get it and complains then it's boo hoo stop whining? 

Edited by LunchCannon54

You hate a country because a game isn't classified here. Are you sure you're old enough for R rated games?

Yes hate a whole country because of one game not getting classified.  -sarcasm heavily intended-

Clearly you do no understand the frustration that it has been, being a gamer growing up in Australia, makes me think, are you even old enough to understand what the R rating even means?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes hate a whole country because of one game not getting classified.  -sarcasm heavily intended-

Clearly you do no understand the frustration that it has been, being a gamer growing up in Australia, makes me think, are you even old enough to understand what the R rating even means?

Sure sure.

Oh nah cause I didn't grow up here with shit getting heavily censored or anything. Yes just say what I said back to me because that's not what an immature person would do or anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I still don't get how I have this game on the ps2 bought here in Australia, it's not the U.S or U.K version. There is an image in the "Photo of your collection" thread.

It wasn't banned until after it had already been released. So you got a pretty rare copy