Trouble Points

ntslord

That is a great tip and thanks for the reply but sadly the number increases very slowly doing that method (at least it did for me).What i ended up doing is enter the boys dorm and break all the chairs, the poker table and the TV, then pull the fire alarm and leave the dorm.That should net you 600 points and takes only 10-15 seconds each time.Then just re-enter rinse and repeat.

The way I did it was camping on the tree branch in Bullworth Vale. This area spawns infinite NPC's and will never catch you doing this. Your meter will rise up to 300 points when its empty. I discovered this by accident after doing cooks date.

12308619_604402606379268_906353725660812

12321430_604402719712590_833998424585168

Edited by DemonOutcast
  • Like 3

The way I did it was camping on the tree branch in Bullworth Vale. This area spawns infinite NPC's and will never catch you doing this. Your meter will rise up to 300 points when its empty. I discovered this by accident after doing cooks date.

I have a question for you but it isn't related to this topic: how did you get that picture with Jimmy and that girl on your trophy card? mine is the regular Jimmy with his slingshot pic :(

Edited by Finozzi1696

I have a question for you but it isn't related to this topic: how did you get that picture with Jimmy and that girl on your trophy card? mine is the regular Jimmy with his slingshot pic :(

I cropped mine from google images. Go to trophy cards and hit background, below 'Last game played' there'll be two other options to customize it; Upload it from URL or choose file.

Edited by DemonOutcast
  • Like 1

The one posted for running in and out of the dorm worked fine, but i combined it with the fire alarm pulls and triggered the alarm, threw the Rubber Band ball at people as they evacuated and punched holes in people as i could get them, was rinse repeat, i needed 20,000 Trouble points and i think it took me just under 20 minutes.

Took a little longer than the other method but made it a little more fun for myself in the meantime, because violence is fun...in games at least.

What do you do when you sit up there?!

Edited by Itachirulz1

How does one simply get into that tree? Do we need to do a certain mission to get it etc?!

You can climb it during the mission "Cook's Date" and I believe you can also climb it afterwards, or maybe you can also climb it before that mission I don't know, haven't tried it yet.

It's way faster to get the points when you grab your go kart and just run over everyone in the school and the town. It's too fast for the cops to catch and a lot of fun.

The go kart unlocks after completing all go kart races (carnival & street). It will be parked at the school parking lot on the right hand side of Jimmy's bike garage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering how many points you get for the slingshot in the tree method so I tried it and thought I'd share what I found out with you.

Right after Jimmy wakes up at 8 I went to the tree. It takes about 45 seconds (equals 45 in-game minutes) to get there and on the branch. I stayed there until he literally passed out at 2 am. In that time I got an average of about 20.300 points per in-game day (average taken from 3 in-game days).

Here are my tips for maximum trouble point gain:

- Avoid hitting the Preppy dudes from school if you can and go for adults. Hitting your school mates brings your trouble meter down from red to yellow.

- use the super slingshot instead of the normal one. The range is significantly greater.

- when it gets dark it can be that no new NPCs respawn. When that's the case, circle your camera around Jimmy so you don't see the ground below you where the people are. When you look back new NPCs will be there (might take a few times circling Jimmy).

- keep the L1 button pressed the entire time and don't aim manually (by pressing up on the D-Pad). Jimmy will automatically aim at the nearest person when you knocked someone out and you keep L1 pressed.

- always charge your slingshot fully before shooting (keep R1 pressed until the red circle around the slingshot is filled). That way you'll stay in the red trouble meter area. Quick shooting will drain your trouble meter.

Hope this helps people who are struggling with getting the points.

• Like 1

I go to the warehouse over in blue skies and destroy everything. I mean EVERYTHING. I get about 4,000 points per spree, and can pull it off twice to get 8,000 (estimate, may be more?). The perks are no cops to interrupt you, it's right down the street from a save point and if you use the go kart and park it by the doors it appears to stay (more time for destruction). In about an hour I went from 124,000 to about 149,000. Not the fastest method, I know, but I tried the kart method and NPCs kept leaping out of the way or side stepping at the last second. I'm honestly not even interested in the tree method, but I'll try it out. The grind is real.

I'd do the method recommended by the OP(thanks, man). Worked great for me. Ran into the lobby(?), smashed the chairs, table, TV, pulled the fire alarm in the hallway, and ran out the door. Then went right back in, and did it again. Got the <50k I needed, in no time. Only passed out once in the process, so I believe it's faster than the tree method.

I'd do the method recommended by the OP(thanks, man). Worked great for me. Ran into the lobby(?), smashed the chairs, table, TV, pulled the fire alarm in the hallway, and ran out the door. Then went right back in, and did it again. Got the <50k I needed, in no time. Only passed out once in the process, so I believe it's faster than the tree method.

Could you be more specific what "in no time" means? From passing out once that should mean 2 in game days or did you go to sleep regularly?

I'm playing the game now and that would be helpful to know.

I figured the tree method would be better because you'll also get the knock out trophy faster that way or do you get those 200 people knocked out anyways?

Could you be more specific what "in no time" means? From passing out once that should mean 2 in game days or did you go to sleep regularly?

I'm playing the game now and that would be helpful to know.

I figured the tree method would be better because you'll also get the knock out trophy faster that way or do you get those 200 people knocked out anyways?

Yeah, I didn't choose to sleep, and only passed out once. Since someone mentioned getting 20k per in game day with the tree method, I assume it was faster. Just checked my save files, too, and in total actual time we're talking 41 minutes for almost 50k. And probably even less, 'cause I tried the running people over with carts first. Thought it'd be more enjoyable. But like Licia_Face said, the people dodge too much and it doesn't seem to be a very good method.. 

A trophy popped, at one point, and I was scratching my head as to what it was.. I'll bet that was it. Got it in Act IV(out of 5), and the trophy guide here doesn't make it sound like it should be missable. I even avoided unnecessary fighting as much as possible.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't choose to sleep, and only passed out once. Since someone mentioned getting 20k per in game day with the tree method, I assume it was faster. Just checked my save files, too, and in total actual time we're talking 41 minutes for almost 50k. And probably even less, 'cause I tried the running people over with carts first. Thought it'd be more enjoyable. But like Licia_Face said, the people dodge too much and it doesn't seem to be a very good method.. 

A trophy popped, at one point, and I was scratching my head as to what it was.. I'll bet that was it. Got it in Act IV(out of 5), and the trophy guide here doesn't make it sound like it should be missable. I even avoided unnecessary fighting as much as possible.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll be sure to try that.