Should Co-Op Play Enable Trophies?

Stardroid

very simple. even when they do it in co-op wich indeed makes it easyer "or harder if your summon is very bad"  you have stil done it. so yes they should stil get the trophy. if you do not use summons that is your choice.     btw ds2 and bloodborne where very easy compared to demon souls and ds1 . and its a rpg style game. once you level high anough or just get the hang of things you can just get all trophy's   trophy's say NOTHING about your skill ingame ^.^

very simple. even when they do it in co-op wich indeed makes it easyer "or harder if your summon is very bad"  you have stil done it. so yes they should stil get the trophy. if you do not use summons that is your choice.     btw ds2 and bloodborne where very easy compared to demon souls and ds1 . and its a rpg style game. once you level high anough or just get the hang of things you can just get all trophy's   trophy's say NOTHING about your skill ingame ^.^

Your summon has to be REALLY bad for a battle to be hard. And usually, those people have already given up on the game.

Everyone says that Bloodborne was easier than DS, but it was vastly harder for me. Lots of motion in battle, which was the anti-thesis of FROM games that I had played to that point (dating back to King's Field), and it took me a long time to get used to it.

Anyway, getting back to the OP, I now think that the trophies are designed for co-op, and not solo players (otherwise, how do you explain the need for covenant items?), so there's no way that a co-op plat is illegitimate.

But alright, it's getting a bit out of hand, and much of it is my fault. Again, have a nice weekend. I will not return. I have made my points again and again and I am tired of having to clarify, and put the record straight.

You could request the thread get locked or you'll likely get a ton of responses of people responding to your topic for years from now.

Your summon has to be REALLY bad for a battle to be hard. And usually, those people have already given up on the game.

Everyone says that Bloodborne was easier than DS, but it was vastly harder for me. Lots of motion in battle, which was the anti-thesis of FROM games that I had played to that point (dating back to King's Field), and it took me a long time to get used to it.

Anyway, getting back to the OP, I now think that the trophies are designed for co-op, and not solo players (otherwise, how do you explain the need for covenant items?), so there's no way that a co-op plat is illegitimate.

wel i never said co-op was illegitimate. wich is fairly obvious if you read my comment :)  and wich game is easyer is probably diff per person.  all covenant trophy's can be done by farming npc's you do not rly have to do the covenant online.  and you get the trophy for the covenant itself upon joining.   "also because of experiance from demon souls ds and ds2  it made bloodborne easyer for me. 

Hm OP seem to have taken a lot of heat but I can understand where he's coming from.

Like andzon said, I think having an extra trophy where you play the game in offline mode or never call for help would satisfy both sides of this argument.

I know it's From Software decision to not include this trophy because they encourage people to work together - but I'm sure many trophy hunters can understand the satisfaction they get if they have a rare platinum for one of their favourite game/series.

I see nothing wrong with getting trophies through co-op. That's like saying boosting trophies shouldn't be allowed, since it'll "dampen" the struggle. The souls games to me are much more fun and enjoyable in co-op mostly cuz I just suck at them anyway lol. But yeah in any instance co-op should be there as an option for those who choose to use it, and they shouldn't be penalized for it. 

I don't get how this is even a discussion... The game is clearly intended for co-op... Enemies and bosses gets more HP, and there is often some other disadvantages as well. Yes, it's quite a lot easier, but so what? I just did Bloodborne, and the two bosses I had the most trouble with (dying more than once to the boss), co-op simply made it harder (tried 10-15 times, with both 1 and 2 players), and I ended up doing it solo with much greater ease. I did most of it solo, with ease, but sometimes I thought it was fun to do co-op...

Seriously, who cares? :S Some of the bosses were clearly intended for co-op.

The games aren't about how cool you are for beating the game. Neither is it supposed to be all that hard. Honestly, the games are not that hard! F*** you to everyone who talks about these games as if it's some "manhood challenge" or advertise and play it because it's "hard" etc. The difficulty has never been the main focus of these games. :\

Have a good day everyone!

Edited by MMDE

Since the OP is pretty much strictly talking trophies... (to avoid anyone questioning my reading comprehension, here are a few quotes, spelling errors and all)...

"I was schocked that the platinum trophies have a 17 - 22% completion rate. One of the main reasons for this, of course, it co-op."

"I can't help but wonder why someone who cheapens the difficulty so much, should receive the same award as I who have struggled alone."

"The rarity of trophies, in my opinion, should reflect the individual who completed it."

To answer your question... "What are your thoughts on this?"

The only thing I have to say is, there's way too much value being placed on largely insignificant pictures on a gaming profile going on here.  Do you feel accomplished having finished the game?  Does it make you feel proud that you managed to put in the time and effort to do it?  That it was difficult, but you stuck with it and achieved your goal?  That's great.  That is what trophies are for, personal satisfaction.  To add another layer of enjoyment to your games when you play them and satisfy the completionist in all of us.  Anything else (how others choose to play their games, rarity, boosting, glitching, even cheating/hacking as long as it doesn't interfere with your fun online, etc) is so utterly moot it's not even worth bringing up.  To say you'd feel more accomplished doing the same thing because of an arbitrary number changing is defeating the purpose.  That's my thought on it.

Edited by Dreakon13