Toukiden 2 - Release date and new info

ab4h4r4k1

- Launch day in Japan: June 30th

- Having data from Kiwami (or even Age of Demons) may wield some bonus

- All weapons are confirmed, as we can see from this image on the character creator:toukiden2-edit008-680x377.jpg?resize=680

- Some gameplay videos:

and

The Open world looks good, really good. I dont see a timer, so I suppose that time will pass naturaly while we are on the field. It makes things interesting, as I believe in daytime it will be easy while during the night the player will have a great number and more vicious Oni to fight.

I am glad to see my beloved Dual Knives back, but I will really try to play with Sword and Shield in the begining. So, what do you guys think?

Edited by ab4h4r4k1
  • Like 3

Looks interesting. I didn't buy Kiwami myself, since I already had the original Vita version.

I have to say, that game got repetitive pretty quickly, and it was by no means amazing, but I've kind of been itching for a new Monster Hunter-style game, but from what I briefly played, Monster Hunter 4 had a terrible control system, so I'd much rather look to Playstation alternatives now.

This won't be a game I pre-order, but I have my eye on it nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

I am SO excited for this! Toukiden: Kiwami was such a wonderful and underrated game, but that made it all the more amazing for me.

I am also glad that Dual Knives is back, that is my go to class in these games. I'm not sure when it's coming to PS4, seeing as how that is what I played Kiwami on.

Nevertheless I will be so excited if this comes to the West! ^.^

• Like 1

I'm also hyped for this game since I read the very first details :D

Just watched few days ago a vid from someone playing the demo and wanted to test it out asap :D

Meanwhile I play Kiwami and wanted to finish the little rest that's left for me for sure before Toukiden 2 is going to release here in the west <3 I hope that we musn't wait, too long to grab it.

And I hope the game would be way more challenging than Kiwami is and the most important thing (for me xD) that it would be more like a hunter game. I still love it way more than MH but I found it's not that much in depth with the hunter genre than MH is... :lol:  But yeah the battle system is way more enjoyable than MH  :D 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The game needs to fix a bunch of issues to be live up to its potential:

• Weapon variety within a chosen weapon class, I despise the fact there are no unique moves or changes to combat throughout the whole game when you stick with a weapon class.
  • All the bosses from Kiwami plus twice as many more
  • Better online connectivity so it doesnt look like my allies are just swiping air
  • Elements and statuses need to do something more worthwhile
  • Clearer indicators for damage, we might need damage numbers or clearer signs of stuff like critical hits and the difference in damage output
  • More number basically everywhere they dont really make a clear enough point of how your damage output is improved

If they make enough changes I might get this day 1, but otherwise I'd rather invest my time in god eater 1 and 2.

The game needs to fix a bunch of issues to be live up to its potential:

• Weapon variety within a chosen weapon class, I despise the fact there are no unique moves or changes to combat throughout the whole game when you stick with a weapon class.
  • All the bosses from Kiwami plus twice as many more
  • Better online connectivity so it doesnt look like my allies are just swiping air
  • Elements and statuses need to do something more worthwhile
  • Clearer indicators for damage, we might need damage numbers or clearer signs of stuff like critical hits and the difference in damage output
  • More number basically everywhere they dont really make a clear enough point of how your damage output is improved

If they make enough changes I might get this day 1, but otherwise I'd rather invest my time in god eater 1 and 2.

More combos for each weapon would be very welcome indeed, as well as lots of bosses! I dont care for numerical display of damage, but the status weapons really need some polishing.

I dont think we are going to get Toukiden 2 this year since the japanese version was delayed (and will get some updates along the way to improve gameplay). So if I cant be a Slayer again, I will have to settle for being a God Eater!  :D