I need tips for completing the Onslaught Mode!

Hey Guys,

I am now playing the hell out of Blacklight: Retribution, love the game a lot, now at level 58 and probably gonna play it even after getting all the trophies as my new multiplayer game.

But there is one pain in the ass for me, the trophy for completing the onslaught mode. I have played today with 2 buddies for a couple hours but we couldn't reach any higher then wave 5. I heard that it is quite easy so I wonder if we were doing something wrong???

What map is the best because the light textures of the zombie maps are awful...xD

Which strategy is the best? We did today a lmg setup with turrets etc. but if we were going to buy it by the depot we were to late because the zombies spawned already. And is this trophy also unlockable in private match so we could choose our favorite map out of the 5?

Tips are much appreciated!

Thanks! Which map do you suggest for this and is it able to unlock the trophy in private match?

Can't really remember the name of the map, but it's the one where it seems like they put a red filter on your screen (lol). But you can do it on most maps, just find a corner you can camp in. Shields will do most of the work.

Not sure if you can get it in a private match.

Maybe a dumb question, but did you and your friends use the revive injector? There are many people, who dont even know that it exists

That doesn't work in Onslaught and you want to have the shield with you instead. You have 30 seconds to revive someone if they die.

Any map will do, just be ready to activate the objectives. I feel like I had to do all the objective running when I was playing with randoms because they didn't know what they were doing lol.

Maybe a dumb question, but did you and your friends use the revive injector? There are many people, who dont even know that it exists ^^ 

No we didn't. We used shields because they are very important. 

I have played just yet for a couple hourse with my buddies and reached wave 7 today with a 3 man party and 1 random. We discovered that Shelter is the best map for this. How many shields are needed to be full protected? Because we are struggling with getting a 4 man party, we end mostly with 2-3 with a random.

Also, how many people are prefered to do the objectives/hacking etc? We mostly did 1 (a lot of times the random) but he died a lot. And we died in wave 7 due to some flamethrower guys, is it handy to buy hardsuit at that time?

That doesn't work in Onslaught and you want to have the shield with you instead. You have 30 seconds to revive someone if they die.

Any map will do, just be ready to activate the objectives. I feel like I had to do all the objective running when I was playing with randoms because they didn't know what they were doing lol.

Are you sure that it doesnt work? If I remember correctly, I did it with 1 friend and 1 random. None of us had a shield but me and my friend had the revive injector. And we used hardsuits at some point, but I cant help with detailed strategy since it was like 1 year ago. However, Im 100% sure that we didnt use any shields.

No we didn't. We used shields because they are very important. 

I have played just yet for a couple hourse with my buddies and reached wave 7 today with a 3 man party and 1 random. We discovered that Shelter is the best map for this. How many shields are needed to be full protected? Because we are struggling with getting a 4 man party, we end mostly with 2-3 with a random.

Also, how many people are prefered to do the objectives/hacking etc? We mostly did 1 (a lot of times the random) but he died a lot. And we died in wave 7 due to some flamethrower guys, is it handy to buy hardsuit at that time?

You only need one shield depending on the situation of course. Place it in a corner so you can get out when you need to. Everyone should have a shield of their own. The random can do whatever they like. When I did it we only had 2 shields.

Are you sure that it doesnt work? If I remember correctly, I did it with 1 friend and 1 random. None of us had a shield but me and my friend had the revive injector. And we used hardsuits at some point, but I cant help with detailed strategy since it was like 1 year ago. However, Im 100% sure that we didnt use any shields.

I'm not 100% sure, but I dont remember seeing any revive icons when I was using it. Still, with the placeable shield you dont need to revive people much at all.

You only need one shield depending on the situation of course. Place it in a corner so you can get out when you need to. Everyone should have a shield of their own. The random can do whatever they like. When I did it we only had 2 shields.

I'm not 100% sure, but I dont remember seeing any revive icons when I was using it. Still, with the placeable shield you dont need to revive people much at all.

The more I think about it: It should definitly work. I remember that I was very angry about most randoms for not using it. But if you need only 1 person with a shield, maybe the others should go with the revive then. I believe we had the guy, who was closest to the objective, going for it and the others were rushing around to keep the zombies away from him. If one died, revive had the highest priority. Using depot stuff like hardsuits can be very helpful later on. You will also run out of ammo quite often. So remember to pick up at least one enemy weapon, since you will collect the ammo for it automatically from other enemies, if I remember correctly. You can also steal the flamethrowers from the enemies.  

The more I think about it: It should definitly work. I remember that I was very angry about most randoms for not using it. But if you need only 1 person with a shield, maybe the others should go with the revive then. I believe we had the guy, who was closest to the objective, going for it and the others were rushing around to keep the zombies away from him. If one died, revive had the highest priority. Using depot stuff like hardsuits can be very helpful later on. You will also run out of ammo quite often. So remember to pick up at least one enemy weapon, since you will collect the ammo for it automatically from other enemies, if I remember correctly. You can also steal the flamethrowers from the enemies.  

Rofl... It means if only one person has the shield it's only the one person who is going to live. If you really want to believe revive tool is the best way to go have fun trying.

this is easy i did onslaht by my self you just got to run around a lot.

Exactly. 

Rofl... It means if only one person has the shield it's only the one person who is going to live. If you really want to believe revive tool is the best way to go have fun trying.

I dont need to try it, Ive already beaten it multiple times on different maps. And we never had anyone camping behind a shield. 

• 3 weeks later...

this is easy i did onslaht by my self you just got to run around a lot.

Exactly. 

I dont need to try it, Ive already beaten it multiple times on different maps. And we never had anyone camping behind a shield. 

Same here, I'm 100% sure I've never used a shield.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I used the Cloak in the gear section and revived everyone, also going for the objectives while staying invisible indefinitely. Still lost small amounts of health due to enemies bullets, flamethrowers and zombie dogs who were able to sniff me out and bite me but I found it was impossible to die. Just don’t walk in front of shooting zombies. You can however recover your health by running to a depot at any time.

I exited the cloak only to help kill the last 5-8 enemies but I don’t suggest doing it constantly as there is a very short rest period in between cloak and uncloak. Once equipped press the right side of the touchpad then R2 to go invisible and whatever you do, do not take out a weapon or you will uncloak.

Can be done with two people and if all nine waves are completed successfully you will achieve the trophy and gain a decent amount of XP.

For completing 20 matches in Onslaught quickly, just kill yourself with an equipped grenade by holding L1 then forcing your death by holding square.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This can be easily cheesed. If you go into a private match and add 600HP and 3000CP. Then you can buy hardsuits and destroy the enemies with ease and the trophy will pop at the end of the game. Just get out of the suit when the fire enemies appear and the ones with flamethrowers. They destroy the suits pretty easily and quickly.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 19/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, TheHarryGamer99 said:

This can be easily cheesed. If you go into a private match and add 600HP and 3000CP. Then you can buy hardsuits and destroy the enemies with ease and the trophy will pop at the end of the game. Just get out of the suit when the fire enemies appear and the ones with flamethrowers. They destroy the suits pretty easily and quickly.

can you confirm this method works? 

On 19/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, TheHarryGamer99 said:

We Breezed through, thanks for the tip. I was helpful cuz we ran into gliches more than once (players getting stuck in walls  and/or  getting killed out of nowhere)

4 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

The only to get GP is to play the game. I do not think you can boost it.

This^

I got that trophy done by buying the GP Doubler microtransaction but at approx £8, it's pricey so you may prefer to grind it out by playing normally and getting high scores in every match.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

I got that trophy done by buying the GP Doubler microtransaction but at approx £8, it's pricey so you may prefer to grind it out by playing normally and getting high scores in every match.

I heard that the extra GP earned from buying the doubler does not count. So can you actually use that then. Good to know.

3 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

I heard that the extra GP earned from buying the doubler does not count. So can you actually use that then. Good to know.

At one point it didn't count because of a glitch but that has long since been fixed so the Doubler does indeed count towards the trophy :).

• Like 1