I want to play this game but...

Have i ever told you the story about how 100% completion is overrated? No? Well...

But seriously, if you're concerned about the game being too hard for you to 100% - play it on an alt account first. or  you know, just git gud.

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

Let me tell you a story.

This story is about two children.  

One child, Ethan, was very good at painting by numbers.  Every Saturday, Ethan went with his Dad to the local arts and crafts store and purchased himself two more painting sets to keep him occupied for the week.  He would do his homework, and sit down and follow the instructions to paint himself a nice dog.  Or a scene about kittens. 

The second child, Alex, was also found of painting.  His family was poor, however, and couldn't afford the sets that Ethan could.  He was left with a piece of paper and a set of paints.  He couldn't paint anything anywhere near as good as what Ethan could.  But he persevered, every day he challenged himself to paint a house or a tree bristling in the wind.

Ethan and Alex met one day in secondary school, in art class of all places.  The teacher tasked all the children to paint a fox.

All the children were given a blank piece of paper, and some paints.  Ethan, together with the whole of the class were "foxed", none of them had ever done any painting apart from the easiest there could be.  Painting that anyone could do.

Alex was in his element, he set to work, and painted the best fox he could.  It wasn't the best - but all the children marveled at how he had a go, and not just give up because he didn't have the instructions that they all relied upon.

Alex enjoyed the admiration he obtained from his peers, and he finally discovered that having a go at something challenging and failing was a lot better than doing what everyone else could do perfectly  anyway.  

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 4

Let me tell you a story.

This story is about two children.  

One child, Ethan, was very good at painting by numbers.  Every Saturday, Ethan went with his Dad to the local arts and crafts store and purchased himself two more painting sets to keep him occupied for the week.  He would do his homework, and sit down and follow the instructions to paint himself a nice dog.  Or a scene about kittens. 

The second child, Alex, was also found of painting.  His family was poor, however, and couldn't afford the sets that Ethan could.  He was left with a piece of paper and a set of paints.  He couldn't paint anything anywhere near as good as what Ethan could.  But he persevered, every day he challenged himself to paint a house or a tree bristling in the wind.

Ethan and Alex met one day in secondary school, in art class of all places.  The teacher tasked all the children to paint a fox.

All the children were given a blank piece of paper, and some paints.  Ethan, together with the whole of the class were "foxed", none of them had ever done any painting apart from the easiest there could be.  Painting that anyone could do.

Alex was in his element, he set to work, and painted the best fox he could.  It wasn't the best - but all the children marveled at how he had a go, and not just give up because he didn't have the instructions that they all relied upon.

Alex enjoyed the admiration he obtained from his peers, and he finally discovered that having a go at something challenging and failing was a lot better than doing what everyone else could do perfectly  anyway.  

now i feel like a piece of shit 

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. I'd say it is fair at best.

No where in the story does the author give examples that Ethan couldn't paint extremely well, only that he enjoyed painting by numbers. Maybe he was an excellent artist but really enjoyed the experience of completing a challenge someone else came up with. Maybe without the paint by numbers he never would have enjoyed painting at all and picked up killing dogs or cats with sharpened sticks.

No where in the story does the author give examples of Alex being good enough to impress his peers with his wonderful drawing abilities, only that he kept at it, constantly challenging himself. Maybe if given the paint by numbers he would have gotten bored and picked up killing dogs and cats with sharpened sticks.

There is a statement about none of the classmates drawing only the easiest of drawings. Is the author saying that painting by numbers is only the easiest drawing one can do? I, like most people I would assume, have had problems staying in the lines quite often painting by numbers. There is a certain level of experience/skill involved even in something as simple as painting by numbers.

The story does seem to give some insight into the author's mindset as having an negative bias against more fortunate people and a positive bias for less fortunate people as being more fortunate somehow means people can't aspire to greatness, but that less fortunate people are driven to greatness just because they are less fortunate. In the end people who truly do aspire to greatness often have it easy to some extent by their very makeup as a person. For example most "great" artist seem to be born with an inherit ability to make great art. Great scientist tend to be overly blessed with a high degree of intelligence, etc.

Some people do not enjoy open ended tasks, instead preferring structured challenges to complete as they give a goal to shoot for. For some just playing is good enough, for others getting 100% completion of trophies is the goal. Others just want to finish a game. In the end if you enjoy playing the game in any capacity I would say enjoy it. If you don't think you will enjoy a game because you won't completed it then don't play, pick up any of the 1000s of other games out there to play.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 11/9/2017 at 7:41 PM, MMDE said:

Thanks guys, for not answering the question...

They did answer the question though. Play it on an alternate/dummy account and the others said to try something not so easy and if you persevere you will get better in the end. So in short play and practice on a dummy account and once you get good at the game. Then play on your main account.

Since this was necroed, to answer a nearly 6 year old question that the OP likely doesn’t need anymore,

this trophy guide lists it at 5/10 difficulty and 5-8 hours completion. Sounds like later “seasons” are tough and it’s recommended to use backup saves. There are other tips in the trophy guide above.

I was interested because I have one trophy from this game a long time ago.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1