playstation going mobile

Stargazer2600

I can literally hear Konami taunting us and getting there bank accts ready as they say "yeah, you thought you werent gonna buy our games anymore". Now granted we wont get it right off the bat but, im curious what all you guys think

http://fraghero.com/sony-bringing-playstation-games-iphone-android/

Sony is using its IP for mobile games. Like Run Sackboy! Run!, the Fat Princess game, Knack's Quest. Big deal. They're equivalent to the other shit, time-waster, rinse, repeat games that have flooded iOS and Android. These games get downloaded and played for less than an hour then forgotten. It's not like Vita games are being put on iOS or Android.

• Like 2

"Irony is naming your handheld device PS Vita and having it die quicker than I can type this sentence. (Vita means “Life” in Latin)"

The joke is ruined when you have to explain it xD

He must have started typing that sentence years before vita released. It still isn't dead.

• Like 1

No joke I would buy a modern ver of this if it has real analogs and lr2/3 would be awesome for remote play and other games

I've got 2 of them over there. One has a dodgy touch screen that just, it's unusable, and the other has a giant cracked screen with everything (including touch input, weirdly) working fine. I dropped the cracked one like 10 centimetres and it got fucked. I took it to a guy, he could fix the screen for a hundred, or give me another one (preowned) for 140, so I did that. The one he gave me had a dodgy as shit touch screen after like a month and odds are if he fixed mine up he would have given it the same dodgy touch screen treatment.

ANYWAY... when I had a perfectly working one it was genuinely incredible. Games like Dead Trigger, my beloved Vice City, the old school Crash and Tony Hawk games, and even fucking Minecraft (with full built in controller support) were perfect on the device. 

Aside from the cracks and shit, the phone is unfortunately pretty outdated at this point, it has a half gig of RAM if I recall, which is a quarter of the amount found in my current phone, from 2013. It's just too far gone. It's a shame it didn't take off though, because a new one of these popping out every year is the dream. Sure, I have a nice controller that I use on my new phone that plays all my shit, sure it fits in my pocket fine, and it even charges my phone from it's internal battery, BUT... there's just something about the all in one design of the Xperia Play that still grabs me.

If you see one in the wild for cheap, I'd honestly still recommend it though. Even in it's old age, it ran Android 2.3 lightning fast, which I know doesn't sound like much but the point is the phone doesn't feel as slow as most others as old as it. It's beautiful with emulators and on top of that, a shit load of games included native support for the phone's controls right out the gate

Modern Combat 4, the latest one at the time, played better than Call of Duty Vita. It felt like a proper console FPS, in my pocket.

Amazing Spider-Man was a so-so game, but swinging around New York on the bus is pretty sweet, as far as portable Spidey's go, this is second only to SM3 on PSP.

Minecraft has full button support on the Xperia Play, something NO other phone can lay claim to. Without using other apps and shit to mess with stuff, this is the only phone that can play Pocket Edition with control support.

Age of Zombies, one of the best phone style games there is in my opinion, this is the definitive version. Sure, the dual sticks on the Vita are nice for it, but the touch stick things on the XP are fucking glorious for this game. Unfortunately they patched out XP support later, but the older version runs fine.

Vice City, man, when I loaded this up on my phone for the first time in 2012 I couldn't shake the feeling that phones were going to be the future. It was insane to me to be playing this on a fucking phone, and yet, I was. And it was glorious.

Dead Trigger is a completely free and completely awesome zombie FPS and I have sunk so many hours into this game. The sequel is full of fee to pay shit up the ass, but the first one is still great to this day, and honestly it even holds up pretty well graphically.

Some other ones that I remember being sweet, Grand Theft Auto III, Max Payne, Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies (no controller support outside of XP), Crash Bandicoot (built in on the phone, what a sweet pack in game), ePSXe ran beautifully in full screen glory, and so on.

Honestly, I'd even go as far as to say that you'd have better dollar value buying an Xperia Play today, than you would buying a PlayStation Vita. And believe it or not, I fucking love the Vita.

why you gotta lie? No one loves the vita lol

I do love it. Just, you know, not as much as

PSP

GBA

PS2

PS3

PS1

PS4

NDS

3DS

iOS

Android

Xbox

Xbone

NES

N64

SNES

Wii U

But I do like it more than the original Wii. The Wii has like 5 good games, the Vita has at least a solid 6.

• Like 2

I do love it. Just, you know, not as much as

PSP

GBA

PS2

PS3

PS1

PS4

NDS

3DS

iOS

Android

Xbox

Xbone

NES

N64

SNES

Wii U

But I do like it more than the original Wii. The Wii has like 5 good games, the Vita has at least a solid 6.

Not sure what is more funny; that you're comparing home consoles and handhelds or that you listed GBA ahead of Vita. I guess some people do prefer microscopic screens you can't see in the dark . . .

But since you offered a ranking, here is mine(of portable systems)-

-Vita

-PSP

-3DS/2DS

-Sega Nomad

-Vectrex

-Game Boy Advance

-Sega Game Gear

-Game Boy

-Virtual Boy

Not sure what is more funny; that you're comparing home consoles and handhelds or that you listed GBA ahead of Vita. I guess some people do prefer microscopic screens you can't see in the dark . . .

But since you offered a ranking, here is mine(of portable systems)-

-Vita

-PSP

-3DS/2DS

-Sega Nomad

-Vectrex

-Game Boy Advance

-Sega Game Gear

-Game Boy

-Virtual Boy

Not sure what is more funny, that you missed the point or that you think I was doing a genuine rating.

Though if I was doing a genuine rating of portables it'd be based entirely on the library, not the quality of the screen (or I'd count the GBA SP)

-PSP

-Android/iOS

-Vita

-3DS

-NDS

-GBA