Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToxicRedBull_

Any good games based on real wars or fictional wars?

18 posts in this topic

So, I'm starting to get into war games and I was wondering if there are any (in your opinion) good games based on real wars or fictional wars. 

Thank you :)

Spec Ops: The Line! Fictional war taking place in a post apocalyptic Dubai. The game itself is a good cover shooter but the highlight is the story, it's just brilliant and mind blowing. Strongly recommended

Valiant Hearts - The Great War

It is set during the World War I. While it may be not what you expect from a war game (full of battles, tactics, weapons) it is highly recommended.

I've already played that and I loved it

Legends of War-Patton, based on WWII

Call of duty world at war. Based on ww2. I enjoyed it enough

Have to echo what FrenchDevil54 suggested, Spec Ops: The Line is an incredible game. Played on the highest difficulty, you'll feel very intimate with the phrase "war is hell" .

Agree with spec ops the line, incredible game...loved every second it's a must have.

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Fantastic game with a crazy what if scenario.

Also Sniper Elite V2 and 3 are excellent WWII games and belong to my all time favourite franchises. And if you like it a bit more Zombie involved, definitely check out Wolfenstein's stand alone DLC and perhaps Zombie Army Trilogie which is basically Sniper Elite V2 with lots of Zombies.

Edited by GrandPoseidon

This is a bit off the wall and perhaps not what you are looking for at all, but I think Valkyria Chronicles handles war with a deft hand. Many of it's themes have parallels to World War II and the character development is great for both allies and enemies. Not often do you get as much insight into the minds of the opposing force as you do in Valkyria Chronicles, and despite the horrible things they are doing, you may even empathize with a villain or two.

I'll go off the wall too, if you ever get a PSP you need to get Jeanne D'Arc, it's a WONDERFUL game based on Jeanne D'arc or Joan of Arc in English and her war.

COD MW2 and MW3

Killzone 2 and 3

Crysis 2

MOH 2010

MOH Frontline

Resistance 2 and 3

Spec Ops: The Line

Bladestorm Nightmare, it's a musou game set during the 100 years war between England and France. I've played the vanilla game years ago and really liked it.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is about the best I've played.

Bladestorm Nightmare, it's a musou game set during the 100 years war between England and France. I've played the vanilla game years ago and really liked it.

This. The Nightmare version has a fictional version of the war, so you can play both the loosely fact-based campaign, then the fictional fantasy one.