Questions About The Platinum

Hello and good day to anyone whose reading this. 

I played the game back in 2011, and I've reached chapter 11. Exactly after defeating Fang's "monster" ( I only remember a few things about the story ) and for some reason I stopped and never came back. 

I'm thinking about going back to finish the game and getting the platinum. 

So what your advice for me to get the platinum. Is there something I need to keep a lookout for or did I miss some trophy and I have to start the game again. 

You should know that I never sold or dismantled anything and I already got the trophy for scanning a 100 enemies. 

So thank you for taking some of your time to read this, and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me. =)

Is there something I need to keep a lookout for or did I miss some trophy and I have to start the game again. 
You should know that I never sold or dismantled anything and I already got the trophy for scanning a 100 enemies. 

If you never sold anything, you're Golden. Just keep playing until you get to the end of the story, then find a guide to wrap up the Platinum. Selling items is the only way you'd need to start over on this one.

The only missable trophy is the Treasure Hunter, I just earned the paltinum two days ago, so I found a page with all missable accesories, although it is in Spanish. The weapons are not missable! Do not dismantle anything and buy every accesory the shops offer, for example: there is a ring that can only be bought in the shops, and this can confuse people. Good luck!

If you never sold anything, you're Golden. Just keep playing until you get to the end of the story, then find a guide to wrap up the Platinum. Selling items is the only way you'd need to start over on this one.

I never sold anything. I didn't even know back then that I can switch weapons and I made it that far in the story. So I can just keep completing the story without worrying about anything and start hunting for the trophies after finishing the story. 

The only missable trophy is the Treasure Hunter, I just earned the paltinum two days ago, so I found a page with all missable accesories, although it is in Spanish. The weapons are not missable! Do not dismantle anything and buy every accesory the shops offer, for example: there is a ring that can only be bought in the shops, and this can confuse people. Good luck!

What's the hardest thing in the Treasure Hunter that you had to do or is most of it just grinding, and how hard is it to get the 5 stars trophies. I know there is one for the final boss I guess and other five for side missions. Because I had a really hard time defeating that multi faced boss in chapter 9 I guess and at the end I beaten him with a 0 star ranking. 

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/16912-treasure-hunter-spreadsheet/

You can use that spreadsheet to track what you have had and what you still need to grind for.  Some people have found it helpful, so figured I would offer it to you.

That's a lot of weapons T_T

But what a useful list. I like the fact that you also listed the total materials you need. I'm sure I'm going to use it. 

Besides, I achieved much harder trophies than that so I guess it won't be that impossible. 

Edited by Xx-KingOFDark-xX

I never sold anything. I didn't even know back then that I can switch weapons and I made it that far in the story. So I can just keep completing the story without worrying about anything and start hunting for the trophies after finishing the story. 

Post story gives a lot of opportunity to make your team much more powerful. You'll need to take on the final boss a 2nd time to 5-star them after the story anyway. Missions are generally able to be 5 starred on your first try, but there will be some that you'll need to wait to take on. There will be a grind at the end for treasure hunter no matter what you do. I would highly recommend just playing out the story right now without stressing about the trophies. If you didn't sell anything, you have nothing to worry about.

Post story gives a lot of opportunity to make your team much more powerful. You'll need to take on the final boss a 2nd time to 5-star them after the story anyway. Missions are generally able to be 5 starred on your first try, but there will be some that you'll need to wait to take on. There will be a grind at the end for treasure hunter no matter what you do. I would highly recommend just playing out the story right now without stressing about the trophies. If you didn't sell anything, you have nothing to worry about.

What a relief knowing I won't have to start from scratch. Thanks for the info. 

So there weren't any missable weapons that I needed to collect before chapter 11 and I have either to buy the weapons or craft them. 

What a relief knowing I won't have to start from scratch. Thanks for the info. 

So there weren't any missable weapons that I needed to collect before chapter 11 and I have either to buy the weapons or craft them. 

No miss-able weapons. They can all be bought later on or you will win them in battles. The only things you even need to be mindful of are the elemental rings, as they cannot be bought and are time wasting to get later. If you never sell anything, which I never did either on my first and only playthrough, you'll be in great shape. Just use one of the checklists for items like Sir Bee posted above post-game and you'll be fine. MMDE also posted some great info, but I prefer playing without over-analyzing so I would recommend enjoying the story part, grind when you need to and don't worry about trophies until after the story. 

You may want to read some of the stuff I just posted:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/36238-some-useful-info/

You don't wanna miss out on the fastest way to grind money.

The link says some. That's a lot more than some info. xD 

I think you saved me a lot of timing looking for good methods for grinding.

Thank you for the effort in the thread.  

No miss-able weapons. They can all be bought later on or you will win them in battles. The only things you even need to be mindful of are the elemental rings, as they cannot be bought and are time wasting to get later. If you never sell anything, which I never did either on my first and only playthrough, you'll be in great shape. Just use one of the checklists for items like Sir Bee posted above post-game and you'll be fine. MMDE also posted some great info, but I prefer playing without over-analyzing so I would recommend enjoying the story part, grind when you need to and don't worry about trophies until after the story. 

I'll be following your advice. Which is my method for every platinum. Play the story first then worry about the trophies.

Such useful information from all of you. You saved a lot of time looking with your replays. 

With the links you provided and the trophy guide I think it will only be a time consuming platinum. 

So thank you for everything. =) 

Which is my method for every platinum. Play the story first then worry about the trophies.

I'd make sure to grind gils at chapter 13 though, if you beat the game first, this grind method is gone, and it's by far the best way to do it. It takes some hours, but it's pretty easy once you get it going properly, but if you wait until post-game you trade it for some slower and way more tiresome post-game grinding. Trust me, when you do the same thing for 5-10 hours, you don't want it to be more tiresome than it needs to be. The rest can easily be done post-game, as long as you haven't sold and used a lot of stuff.

Edited by MMDE

I'd make sure to grind gils at chapter 13 though, if you beat the game first, this grind method is gone, and it's by far the best way to do it. It takes some hours, but it's pretty easy once you get it going properly, but if you wait until post-game you trade it for some slower and way more tiresome post-game grinding. Trust me, when you do the same thing for 5-10 hours, you don't want it to be more tiresome than it needs to be. The rest can easily be done post-game, as long as you haven't sold and used a lot of stuff.

If my memory helps me. I think I can save the game fro example at chapter 13 before finishing the story, and after I'm done with the story I can load my save file back to that point like I've never finished the story. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

If my memory helps me. I think I can save the game fro example at chapter 13 before finishing the story, and after I'm done with the story I can load my save file back to that point like I've never finished the story. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

When you beat the game you go into post-game, where more stuff unlocks etc, you are basically right before fighting the last boss battle, but with some changes to like what max level you can get to. You can't go back to chapter 13 and do that over. You can access most locations, but this is a very specific point in the story where there are more enemies at this one location, which are gone in post-game. So no, you can't do that in post-game, it's only chapter 13. Post-game the best way is grind trapz from those giant turtles, very tiresome and slower in comparison.

Edited by MMDE

When you beat the game you go into post-game, where more stuff unlocks etc, you are basically right before fighting the last boss battle, but with some changes to like what max level you can get to. You can't go back to chapter 13 and do that over. You can access most locations, but this is a very specific point in the story where there are more enemies at this one location, which are gone in post-game. So no, you can't do that in post-game, it's only chapter 13. Post-game the best way is grind trapz from those giant turtles, very tiresome and slower in comparison.

Well, that's just disappointing. =(

I'll try looking for if uploading you save data to the cloud would work for the same strategy. Otherwise, I'll think I'll do it your way. Thanks for the help. 

Well, that's just disappointing. =(

I'll try looking for if uploading you save data to the cloud would work for the same strategy. Otherwise, I'll think I'll do it your way. Thanks for the help. 

Yeah, you can always do a second save at the beginning of chapter 13, must be beginning, because it's very early chapter 13 IIRC. Then when you've finished the game, load back, grind, then replay the game from that point out to you finish the game again.

What I responded to was that when you finish the game, you get to save the game. This save can be loaded, and you will just be back right before the last boss and some stuff have unlocked etc. You can't go back in the story etc, just to right before the last boss battle with high level cap etc.

Edited by MMDE

Yeah, you can always do a second save at the beginning of chapter 13, must be beginning, because it's very early chapter 13 IIRC. Then when you've finished the game, load back, grind, then replay the game from that point out to you finish the game again.

What I responded to was that when you finish the game, you get to save the game. This save can be loaded, and you will just be back right before the last boss and some stuff have unlocked etc. You can't go back in the story etc, just to right before the last boss battle with high level cap etc.

Thank you for the explanation. However, if things didn't go my way. I'll be doing your method. Which I highly thank you for it since depending on other people's responses it'll save me a lot of time. =) 

Thank you for the explanation. However, if things didn't go my way. I'll be doing your method. Which I highly thank you for it since depending on other people's responses it'll save me a lot of time. =) 

huh? =P

You need money for upgrading equipment at the end of post-game (last trophy you go for in the game), and you need a lot of money, talking many millions. Money doesn't drop from enemies, only items. There are only some few items that even sell for a somewhat decent amount, which is like these few items that is meant to be sold and trapz. Trapz takes forever to grind and is a lot of effort. This one location at chapter 13 has a lot of enemies that is easy to take care of with proper team and they all drop two of the items meant to be sold for items, and you get a quite decent amount for them too. Once you go past this point in chapter 13, most of the enemies in this location is gone. You can't go back there after beating the game. There's no chapter select or anything. Saving after beating the game only allows you to load back the "clear game" save, which gives you no option, only sets you back to right before the last boss battle, but unlocks higher level cap and some side stuff IIRC, that's it. Nothing more. Once you go past that place on chapter 13, there's no way back without having to load back to an old backup save where you've lost all your progress.

You do need some trapz for upgrading equipment. They cost tons of money, A LOT, but they can be grinded. The thing is, they sell for a fraction of what they cost to buy, which is why grinding them is not that profitable if you're just going to sell them for money. If you on the other hand need some of them for upgrading equipment, which you do, you should grind them and not buy them. Buying them cost a lot of money. Many of the trapz you need can be obtained by dismantling other equipment you've upgraded, so plan ahead so you can get as much done with as few trapz grinds as you can. Doing it all post-game is such a pain.

If you're planning on going for the plat and don't want to waste a lot of time and effort, I highly encourage just stopping at the beginning of chapter 13 and do the like 5 hours grind I suggested.

Also, I can't stress enough that you should power level up equipment when you get around to that as the last trophy in the game. This will save you tons of money. Plan ahead and dismantle and re-use where you can.

The game can be platted in like 50 hours or so, and the above stuff is what you would spend like at least 1/4 of your time on even when efficient.

Edited by MMDE

huh? =P

You need money for upgrading equipment at the end of post-game (last trophy you go for in the game), and you need a lot of money, talking many millions. Money doesn't drop from enemies, only items. There are only some few items that even sell for a somewhat decent amount, which is like these few items that is meant to be sold and trapz. Trapz takes forever to grind and is a lot of effort. This one location at chapter 13 has a lot of enemies that is easy to take care of with proper team and they all drop two of the items meant to be sold for items, and you get a quite decent amount for them too. Once you go past this point in chapter 13, most of the enemies in this location is gone. You can't go back there after beating the game. There's no chapter select or anything. Saving after beating the game only allows you to load back the "clear game" save, which gives you no option, only sets you back to right before the last boss battle, but unlocks higher level cap and some side stuff IIRC, that's it. Nothing more. Once you go past that place on chapter 13, there's no way back without having to load back to an old backup save where you've lost all your progress.

You do need some trapz for upgrading equipment. They cost tons of money, A LOT, but they can be grinded. The thing is, they sell for a fraction of what they cost to buy, which is why grinding them is not that profitable if you're just going to sell them for money. If you on the other hand need some of them for upgrading equipment, which you do, you should grind them and not buy them. Buying them cost a lot of money. Many of the trapz you need can be obtained by dismantling other equipment you've upgraded, so plan ahead so you can get as much done with as few trapz grinds as you can. Doing it all post-game is such a pain.

If you're planning on going for the plat and don't want to waste a lot of time and effort, I highly encourage just stopping at the beginning of chapter 13 and do the like 5 hours grind I suggested.

Also, I can't stress enough that you should power level up equipment when you get around to that as the last trophy in the game. This will save you tons of money. Plan ahead and dismantle and re-use where you can.

The game can be platted in like 50 hours or so, and the above stuff is what you would spend like at least 1/4 of your time on even when efficient.

I think I'll skip my rule on this one. Since the only reason I'm coming back to it is to platinum it, and I don't want to waste any time more than It actually need. I memorized the location from the video, and I'll start grinding there the moment I get to it and save after I'm done just in case. JRPGs and their complex platinums =P 

I think I'll skip my rule on this one. Since the only reason I'm coming back to it is to platinum it, and I don't want to waste any time more than It actually need. I memorized the location from the video, and I'll start grinding there the moment I get to it and save after I'm done just in case. JRPGs and their complex platinums =P 

Video?

The video is for CP grinding! :P

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Gil Farming Guide by lilJesta

The method is called: Chapter 13 Ci'eth

As they say there:

1,263,000 at 30 Second Battle Times

I was able to do it much faster than 30 second battle time, but I guess they might be including the running and start/end of battle stuff. I think I did it faster than that eventually. Anyways, that's it.

I think that's more like it, but use the setup in the guide IIRC, because you can do these fights with the right setup very fast. You actually don't want to level up a lot of stuff for hope IIRC, because then he's more likely to use enfira or something. I can't remember really, but basically, an attack that makes them weaker to something, and then you can spam that.

Another one of that location.

Those enemies can drop two items that sell for a decent amount of gil, and they drop 'em quite often. Lots of them, and they respawn quickly. In the above video, they kill 'em pretty quickly IMO.

etc

The fight can be pretty hard if you don't have the right setup, but with the right setup, the battles can take like 10-30 seconds IIRC. The more you can speed it up, the more time you save.

EDIT:

nvm, now I see where you got the video comment from (the gamefaqs guide has one. :P) sorry!

Edited by MMDE