Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beyondthegrave07

P4AU Insta Kill Trophy Requirements Question.

8 posts in this topic

I was playing this over the weekend and was hoping someone could answer a few questions on why the trophy isn't popping for me.

Let me first start off by saying that I have used everyone's special (minus DLC characters of course, I don't have them). I used all the P3 and P4 characters plus Labrys and Shadow Labrys's special. I also did not play as any other shadow character other than Shadow Labrys and did not play as Sho knowing that these characters do not have insta kills (or are not able to use them, you know what I mean). However, this is where it gets "interesting" I suppose. I have used everyone's insta kill in arcade mode, but I did it kind of cheaply. I used the settings and made it a one round match, obliterate them with the insta kill move, and would exit to the main menu at the beginning of the next round as soon as Rize says "start". I used this tactic on P4A and had no troubles with the trophy AND my brother tested the strategy on his account on P4AU with Yukari, using her as his second-to-last character and having only her not finish arcade mode and the trophy still popped for him when he used the insta kill with the very last character, so in theory, my tactic should've worked.

I've tried looking at other sites, but I have found nothing on this trophy or even a good way of unlocking it! This is also the digital version which I am not sure has issues with trophies unlocking or not. My copy of P4A is also digital.

With all this being said, is there something I am missing? Did I do something wrong? Did I unfathomably miss a character? Has this been happening to other people? Should I just delete my data and retry again? Where should I go from here?

Ah, so many questions with no answers!!!

Afaik it should work fine. Dunno if that'll void it or not.

However, if you're going for the Plat you have to play like 130 matches, and use every character anyway. Also, if you're boosting for max xp, you should get all perfects, win the first round with an sp skill, and finish the 2nd round using the ik and without boosting.

Since you'll have to use everyone anyway, I wouldn't worry about it so much yet.

I was playing this over the weekend and was hoping someone could answer a few questions on why the trophy isn't popping for me.

Let me first start off by saying that I have used everyone's special (minus DLC characters of course, I don't have them). I used all the P3 and P4 characters plus Labrys and Shadow Labrys's special. I also did not play as any other shadow character other than Shadow Labrys and did not play as Sho knowing that these characters do not have insta kills (or are not able to use them, you know what I mean). However, this is where it gets "interesting" I suppose. I have used everyone's insta kill in arcade mode, but I did it kind of cheaply. I used the settings and made it a one round match, obliterate them with the insta kill move, and would exit to the main menu at the beginning of the next round as soon as Rize says "start". I used this tactic on P4A and had no troubles with the trophy AND my brother tested the strategy on his account on P4AU with Yukari, using her as his second-to-last character and having only her not finish arcade mode and the trophy still popped for him when he used the insta kill with the very last character, so in theory, my tactic should've worked.

I've tried looking at other sites, but I have found nothing on this trophy or even a good way of unlocking it! This is also the digital version which I am not sure has issues with trophies unlocking or not. My copy of P4A is also digital.

With all this being said, is there something I am missing? Did I do something wrong? Did I unfathomably miss a character? Has this been happening to other people? Should I just delete my data and retry again? Where should I go from here?

Ah, so many questions with no answers!!!

Sho with persona does have an instant kill move. If you avoided both Sho's, you probably missed his.

I got the trophy the same way. I just used Burst immediately and then used the instant kill immediately after it. The only difference is that I lost the next match after it and let the countdown reach zero instead of just exiting Arcade mode.

I also noticed that you said "used" instead of "won with." I assume you meant that you won with them, but if you didn't then you need to for the trophy.

It should be performed successfully. All characters with a Persona can do an instant kill move, you can just check it in the char. selection. I have the digital version and the quitting method worked fine for me ^^

If you go for the plat you should get it anyway ;)

I had no problem getting this trophy in arcade mode. You must have missed one and not realized it.

Thinking about this game, there was one character I frequently forgot: that kid with the Halbert and dog...forget his name. I forgot he was there most of the time. Nobody ever uses him online which makes it easier to forget him. I'd say write all character's names down and check them off as you go.

Edited by prarpin

Thinking about this game, there was one character I frequently forgot: that kid with the Halbert and dog...forget his name. I forgot he was there most of the time. Nobody ever uses him online which makes it easier to forget him. I'd say write all character's names down and check them off as you go.

I understand forgetting Ken, but how can you forget the cute ball of fur Koromaru?! =D

I had no problem getting this trophy in arcade mode. You must have missed one and not realized it.

And to think the latest P4AU EVO champion uses that kid...

Anyways, OP, I see you have barely touched the online and you still need the trophy for using all characters. Why not kill two birds with one stone?

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

FYI: there were two Shos... One with and one without an instakill I believe, but that was the one I was missing...