PS+ April's IGC

LastMinuteSavior

I've lowered my expectations heavily the last few months and this line-up is neither exciting or devastating, I'm willing to give I am Alive and Zombi a go because I've heard of them in the past. The rest will just be added to my ever growing backlog and maybe played at some point.

• Like 1

At least they gave you something, right?

Honestly, some of you are just weird. You have a second option but a lot of you disregard it. PS4 is the people's console of choice due to your actions, this is your doing. Maybe May will be better, who knows?

Just remember, you helped Sony get to this level, don't blame anyone but yourself.

I had hoped Sony would try and match Microsoft and their solid GwG lineup. I was sadly mistaken.

I thought that too. Oh well, I guess we caused this mess.

• Like 1

At least they gave you something, right?

Honestly, some of you are just weird. You have a second option but a lot of you disregard it. PS4 is the people's console of choice due to your actions, this is your doing. Maybe May will be better, who knows?

Just remember, you helped Sony get to this level, don't blame anyone but yourself.

I thought that too. Oh well, I guess we caused this mess.

The cause of the problem by it is most gamers are greedy where they suspect something more better like Xbox where when once Sony announces the PS plus lineup, they always unsatsfied where I about to try out a 3 month PS plus for the first time for my birthday gift for a friend that will buy me a 3 month card for me. Actually liked the lineup for ps3 even though I don't know the other game where I will research the game just to see if I like it or not.

It's not greedy to expect and demand the same quality of service that you got in previous years. Or greedy to expect the same quality or better that the competition gives to its customers.

It's not greedy to demand and expect the same quality of service you received previously and/or that the opposition provided to its customers.

It's not greedy to demand and expect the same quality of service you received previously and/or that the opposition provided to its customers.

• Like 2

I can see why everyone's uninspired by April's offerings but no love for Broforce huh?  Angry Joe even put it in his top 10 games of the year because of how much pure fun was there to be had.

The question is, what was he playing it on? AFAIK the PS4 release is still quite glitchy. If I wanted to play the game, I probably would have picked it up on Steam.

I might resubscribe to PS+ not for the April '16 game lineup, but to access some of the exceptional games I was fortunate enough to dl (and neglect) from the service in the past like Hitman HD Trilogy, PS All-Stars, InFamous, InFamous First Light, Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Ed., Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, Jet Set Radio and Shadow of the Colossus, to name some...

A far cry (pun intended) in terms of quality from the recent crop of games springing up like unwanted weeds to AAA-starved gamers toiling away on the barren PS Plus dirt farm.

Then there's that multiplayer stuff, too, especially for Dark Souls III.

Edited by AdventCloud7
  • Like 2

Personally it's no surprise that once again the IGC doesn't feature any game I'm really intrigued about. One of the last games I cared for was Sly 4 for PS3 as this motivated me to play the game from scratch to get all the missing things I still had on my Vita-run. Still I'm glad about that as I still have a huge backlog on my PS3 and Vita with too many games I still want to play. Not to forget all those PS+-freebies I will never play, but activated back in 2013 and the beginning of 2014 that I will never play. I wish I could delete them from my download list. :\

For me the only real benefit is the cloud save, which is IMO essential for the PS3 as that damn thing killed at least ~300 hours of gameplay because I accidentally turned off the power during it's boot sequence once. 

Not us. Casuals.

If PS+ wasn't MPBS-required, the PS+ sales wouldn't be so high.

Gold has always been required for MP over on Xbox, hasn't stopped them from putting out decent games lately. I think you're reaching with that idea. 

• Like 1

February probably paid for my annual sub as I played and enjoyed P4AU, Helldivers, Nom Nom Galaxy, and Nova-111, plus the PS+ discounts and cloud saves add to the value.  Still, it is hard not to be disappointed when there just isn't much for me the other 3 months of 2016.  I may try out I Am Alive and Zombi, which puts April ahead of March and January (to be fair, January was decent I just already had Grim Fandango and Dragon Age).

The question is, what was he playing it on? AFAIK the PS4 release is still quite glitchy. If I wanted to play the game, I probably would have picked it up on Steam.

I played through the whole thing on PS4 and never encountered anything in single player.  In co-op there was one time we had trouble connecting.  In my experience it worked fine.

The cause of the problem by it is most gamers are greedy where they suspect something more better like Xbox where when once Sony announces the PS plus lineup, they always unsatsfied where I about to try out a 3 month PS plus for the first time for my birthday gift for a friend that will buy me a 3 month card for me. Actually liked the lineup for ps3 even though I don't know the other game where I will research the game just to see if I like it or not.

...It's not us being greedy. Sony used to offer great line-ups every month. Multiple AAA games, maybe an indie on the side, and we used to get yearly titles too. There has been a substantial drop in quality - even on the AAA front (We get Batman: Arkham Asylum after Arkham City? Mass Effect 2 after Mass Effect 3? Really?) - and so we simply wish it would return to such a quality service.

I mean, I dunno about you, but I'd take Tomb Raider, Sly Trilogy, Sly 4, Jak Trilogy, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet Karting, inFamous 2, etc. etc. instead of broken indie titles every month any day.

The only reason I'm even subscribed anymore is because you need it to play the games they offered you back when the service was actually worthwhile. And for online trophies. 

• Like 2

I am alive is a great survival game and one of the best PSN only games available. As others have said has a Last of Us feel to it. Also i dont understand all the indie comments. This isnt an indie and neither is Zombie You cant expect all AAA games.

The only problem about I am Alive is that the game isnt finished. The reason why it was not retail in the first place. 

If some people buy PS+ primarily for the IGC each month in the hope of getting games they will enjoy then those people have every right to feel dissatisfied if they feel the service is falling short in what it offers.

Personally I think when you weigh it all up over the course of a year it is incredible what we get.

But that is not to say more could be done, like a choice of games or a cheaper service for people who only own one (or two) of the three supported systems, although just how that could be implemented I am not sure.

...It's not us being greedy. Sony used to offer great line-ups every month. Multiple AAA games, maybe an indie on the side, and we used to get yearly titles too. There has been a substantial drop in quality - even on the AAA front (We get Batman: Arkham Asylum after Arkham City? Mass Effect 2 after Mass Effect 3? Really?) - and so we simply wish it would return to such a quality service.

I mean, I dunno about you, but I'd take Tomb Raider, Sly Trilogy, Sly 4, Jak Trilogy, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet Karting, inFamous 2, etc. etc. instead of broken indie titles every month any day.

The only reason I'm even subscribed anymore is because you need it to play the games they offered you back when the service was actually worthwhile. And for online trophies.

Probably I guessing now is Sony decided to bring more variety to more people to play something new than most of the same games that was on PS Plus back when it used to be on PS3. Even though I haven't subscribed to PS Plus when it most people think it used to be good, now they making alternate choosing where simply some people's responses when some people keep on complaing of how Sony chooses thier own PS Plus is to either not try them and be glad it's free where you can buy discount prices with it, or try some of the indie games that are underappreciated where even you like to try it or not. Always good to try just like I may try PS Plus myself someday for my birthday gift.

Some people seems to think that indie is a genre and every indie game is the same. Strange way to think, like every AAA game is good. Right?

Maybe because... PS+ indies are generally all the same 2D generic nonsense? Sure, there can be some great indie games, but... PS+ certainly doesn't highlight them, instead giving us the same games rehashed by a different developer every month.

• Like 2