Splinter Cell HD Collection out Tomorrow on PSN

BountyHunterinc

splinter-cell-news-banner.jpg

Today, Ubisoft have announced that the Splinter Cell HD Collection, will be releasing tomorrow on the Playstation Store. The three games included in the package are; the Original Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

You have two options, if only one, or two of the titles interest you, then it will cost you €9.99/£7.99 individually, or if you want to experience the full Splinter Cell Trilogy, it will be €29.99/£23.99 for all games bundled together.

For those who are PlayStation Plus subscribers, you will be offered a few discounts, these include;

- 20 per cent off the Original Splinter Cell

- 10 percent off Pandora Tomorrow.

- Chaos Theory comes with an exclusive theme that features the man himself, Sam Fisher.

On top of this, Ubisoft Product Manager, Akshay Paul has stated on the European Playstation Blog, that a Blu-ray disc will be released "at a later date."

The Splinter Cell HD Trilogy will be in full 1080p resolution, and will include stereoscopic 3D. Trophy Support has also been included.

Here is an interesting message for you Platinum Hunters:

I shall congratulate in advance those of you who get the platinum. Believe me, it won’t be an easy task!

I'm intrigued.. Prepare to stick on your Night Vision Goggles, and step into the boots of Sam once again.

Source: ElectronicTheatre

There is no Multiplayer included in the Package. Single-Player only.

Sad.

Not including the very unique and fun multiplayer that the series offered, kinda indicates to me that this is nothing more than a money grab. Why pay to put up servers when you can just release the games without the multiplayer and make a quick penny or two.

Sad.

Not including the very unique and fun multiplayer that the series offered, kinda indicates to me that this is nothing more than a money grab. Why pay to put up servers when you can just release the games without the multiplayer and make a quick penny or two.

I'm a little let down as well. I can understand not keeping the onlien co-op but there is no reason not to include the local multiplayer option. I've had countless hours of fun playing co-op with buddies on these games and now that they've taken it out, this collection has moved fairly far down my list. I'd wait until it became available on Blu-Ray anyways.

Parker