Online rival xp?

VirtualNight

The rivals xp thingy from grid2 is tied in with the weekly challenges in grid autosport & not the private or online multiplayer races with friends.I'm having a seniors moment (memory a little foggy) & pretty sure that's how it's done.

edit:I stand to be corrected rivals xp in public races,checked other gaming sites & one gamer stated:It works.Let host setup public match & other find/join.Hope no one else joins.

With all the correct race settings they got 3500xp with rival & 2500 without but it did not always get it.. 

Edited by electrifryer

The rivals xp thingy from grid2 is tied in with the weekly challenges in grid autosport & not the private or online multiplayer races with friends.I'm having a seniors moment (memory a little foggy) & pretty sure that's how it's done. 

But I red trophy guides and people saying that the rival xp are 1000 per race in public rooms during the boost, not racenet challenges.

Edited by VirtualNight

• 7 months later...

it's called something different in grid autosport. The 1000 xp bonus is called 'one to watch'. And you get this if you win the race while having the star icon in front of your name in the player list that's shown just before the race starts and at the end of the race. If you boost this in a private lobby with a 2nd ps3, your primary account will always get the star, so you always get it. If you boost with someone else, you'll probably switch star every race. If you make sure the player with the star wins, that player gets the win and the 1000 bonus xp.

I'm boosting this in a private lobby with two ps3s and I'm joined by a friend on most occasions. My 2nd ps3 has never gotten the star.

When I'm boosting on my own (with both ps3s) my main account always gets the star, so I'll let that win.

With my friend joined, the star swaps between my main account and my friend after each race, regardless of who won the last race. Just keep track and let the star person win.