Metal Gear Solid Sale

I wanted to know if I should buy Peace Walker for the ps vita version or the ps3 version instead. I do not believe if i buy the ps3 version i get the ps vita version also. Is the game better on vita since that is where I believe it originated from or is the ps3 version easier to play ( such as controls)?

Edited by Sarrias10

Well again I thought the vita was better, but chances are literally everyone is going to say I'm crazy. I just liked playing it on the go and never found anything really to off putting about it.

On the other had, the ps3 version looks much better and doesn't run at like 20 fps, the controls are more precise and the camera actually works.

if you can only get one just go ps3.

I bought both. I wasn't planning on getting the platinum, but I wanted some trophies. I used the cross save functionality to get trophies that I'd obtained while playing on the vita. I found that playing on the vita was preferred because the missions are short and perfect for on the go play. There is a lot to do here and having it on the vita made it easier to chip away at each mission.

I bought both. I wasn't planning on getting the platinum, but I wanted some trophies. I used the cross save functionality to get trophies that I'd obtained while playing on the vita. I found that playing on the vita was preferred because the missions are short and perfect for on the go play. There is a lot to do here and having it on the vita made it easier to chip away at each mission.

Wait, is this a thing? Can you cross-save between the ps3 version and psp (on vita) versions of Peace Walker? I would love to play this again for trophies (and prefer the mobility of vita) but somehow I don't think this would work...

Wait, is this a thing? Can you cross-save between the ps3 version and psp (on vita) versions of Peace Walker? I would love to play this again for trophies (and prefer the mobility of vita) but somehow I don't think this would work...

Cross-save is only available through transfarring. In order to make trophies unlockable, you need to start the game from a fresh file on PS3, then conect your PSP to your PS3, after that select transfarring out. I don't think transfarring is available for Peace Walker between PS3 and PS Vita.

Peace Walker originated on PSP, not Vita. There is cross save available for the game but not cross buy. The game is playable on Vita as a classic but it lacks trophy support. As the game was built for the PSP I'd say it is superior on that platform but the HD version plays just fine.