Destroy All Humans Premium Tower "Secret Fight"?

Fantetti

So this is the only one I'm waiting on so i can platinum this game.  Does anyone know if there is a secret fight in this tower?  When I first started this game there was the St. Patty tower for a few days, then it went right into the Bunny Day tower.  Now I'm looking at this April Fools tower.  Whats next?!

So am I at the mercy of these "holidays" hijacking the premium towers and waiting for the MK 1/2/3 towers?

EDIT: So another week has gone by and now its gone from the April Fools tower to the Destroy All Humans tower.  Rather than create a new thread for same exact question......

Anyone find the secret fight in this one yet?

Edited by Fantetti

You might be, yeah. I think the MK game towers were the only ones that definitively had secret fights, at least they were when I played the game regularly. It looks like next week will be a character tower from the preview on the main menu, but maybe they'll go back to game towers after that. On the bright side, I don't believe there's any MK-celebrated holidays until 4th of July?

• Like 1

The Valentine's Day tower had a secret fight, that's how I got the trophy. I can't remember the requirements but it was a fight against Mileena with exploding teddy bears. I don't see any reason why the April Fool's Day one wouldn't have one too, but if it requires a flawless victory in any match it could be extremely difficult to access due to the modifiers.

• Like 1

Well, I waited out the April Fools tower, and now there is a "Destroy All Humans" tower.  Going to try like the post just above this and see if a flawless is possible on that final fight and it it triggers something.

I've been trying to make this my 100 plat, and holding off other games for weeks as a result.  Kinda just want this over with so I can free play this game.

I played the new tower earlier, I was surprised at it being only six stages long. I thought there'd be eight matches, with the last two playing as Cyber Sub-Zero. Seeing as he is technically a secret character, there may be a secret fight somewhere where you play as him. I'll keep a look out for you.

• Like 1

I played the new tower earlier, I was surprised at it being only six stages long. I thought there'd be eight matches, with the last two playing as Cyber Sub-Zero. Seeing as he is technically a secret character, there may be a secret fight somewhere where you play as him. I'll keep a look out for you.

I appreciate that, thank you.

Still haven't found anything, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I know the secret fights known so far often require flawless victories, fatalities or brutalities in a certain round, but I can't help but think some fights may be accessed by other means. Perhaps look to dragon challenges for inspiration?, For example, occasionally you'll be challenged to win a match using either punch or kick attacks. In MK2, the secret fight with Jade required winning a round before the '?' block using only low kick attacks. Or maybe some fights are triggered by landing a certain number of hits in a combo, or performing a combo doing a certain amount of damage.

Not sure if that is more of a hinderance than a help, as it means hours of possibly fruitless experimentation, not to mention finding it on the right round. But if so, it would explain why so few secret fights are known as of now. Next week is the Fire and Ice tower, it's being previewed right now. Hopefully an MKI-III tower will shortly follow. I feel you, such a pain in the arse online trophy to achieve.

• Like 1

Still haven't found anything, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I know the secret fights known so far often require flawless victories, fatalities or brutalities in a certain round, but I can't help but think some fights may be accessed by other means. Perhaps look to dragon challenges for inspiration?, For example, occasionally you'll be challenged to win a match using either punch or kick attacks. In MK2, the secret fight with Jade required winning a round before the '?' block using only low kick attacks. Or maybe some fights are triggered by landing a certain number of hits in a combo, or performing a combo doing a certain amount of damage.

Not sure if that is more of a hinderance than a help, as it means hours of possibly fruitless experimentation, not to mention finding it on the right round. But if so, it would explain why so few secret fights are known as of now. Next week is the Fire and Ice tower, it's being previewed right now. Hopefully an MKI-III tower will shortly follow. I feel you, such a pain in the arse online trophy to achieve.

So from what you see next week will be another delay?  Probably using Scorpion and sub-Zero for the tower as they did Triborg this week?

I looked and doesn't look like anyone has popped this one for about a month or longer.  So no one is finding the secret fights.

So from what you see next week will be another delay?  Probably using Scorpion and sub-Zero for the tower as they did Triborg this week?

I looked and doesn't look like anyone has popped this one for about a month or longer.  So no one is finding the secret fights.

Yes, I believe the tower will involve playing as Scorpion/Sub Zero or both, possibly using a different variation for each match.

According to the lists of icons/borders/backgrounds you can unlock, there seems to be a premier tower for every character. I remember completing a Kano tower a week or two before the release of KP2. But I have no idea whether that was that tower's debut or it had been recycled. 

Edited by SarcalogosVermis
  • Like 1

Whilst I'm not sure if this week's Fire and Ice tower has a secret fight, I have good news friend. Next week is the MK4 tower according to the preview on the home screen. There is a secret fight with Goro in that one apparently:

Edited by SarcalogosVermis
  • Like 2

No problem. Just played the tower, you don't need any flawless victory in the 7th match. I did perform either a brutality or fatality on all characters, no faction kills.

i did a fatality on everyone including fight 7 and nothing.

do i need to have a flawless in there somewhere?

got it.  i had to win one fight, not match, but one fight of 2 with a flawless.  

so glad this is over.

Edited by Fantetti

i did a fatality on everyone including fight 7 and nothing.

do i need to have a flawless in there somewhere?

got it.  i had to win one fight, not match, but one fight of 2 with a flawless.  

so glad this is over.

Interesting, I didn't get a flawless on either round of stage 7 but I got one in one of the earlier fights, match 1 or 2 I think. Maybe that's the requirement, a flawless win in any match up until before stage 8, plus your choice of finishing move.

Glad you got the trophy anyway, congrats on your new platinum. I'm so glad I didn't have to say 'Well, there's always the Valentine's Tower secret fight next Feb...' ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...