Series Tracking

This should be implemented!! It would make looking at large profiles with many games a lot easier.. and trophy collecting would be more fun!.. It can also be used to avoid this new trend of having a trophy set for every platform.. by combining all games into one.

Edited by Hazanberg

The only way this would work is if every game of a series would be included, every region stack, every console stack, every DLC. No discussion about which titles, simply every title.

I would personally hate that and find the whole feature pointless.

Regions would need to be kept separate for this. After all, how would someone complete the XBLAZE or Disgaea series if the Vita versions all have different lists?

I see your point, but don't all the Vita releases for those two series have physical copies for all regions?

The amount of games you'd have to buy/import to get any satisfaction from the whole thing is ludicrous.

I know there are problems with either keeping or excluding lists like that, but there has to at least be a middle ground so people who already do import games can have their extra effort acknowledged.

Regions would need to be kept separate for this. After all, how would someone complete the XBLAZE or Disgaea series if the Vita versions all have different lists?

Two levels of completion. For example, for the basic level of completion you'd need any list of "XBlaze Code: Embryo" and any of "XBlaze Lost: Memories" but for the full completion you'd need all regions/platforms.

• Like 3

Two levels of completion. For example, for the basic level of completion you'd need any list of "XBlaze Code: Embryo" and any of "XBlaze Lost: Memories" but for the full completion you'd need all regions/platforms.

How would it be possible to track the basic completion? How can the site know which region or platform of a certain game I want go for?

The only way to do that would be to include filters. Games could be attributed to multiple lists and the lists could be filtered by whatever tag was assigned to the games they included. Such as a Platform filter (PS3, PS4, Vita) and region (EU,US,JP, etc), that way if you chose to "hide" out-of-region games you would get yourself, essentially, a custom list, but I'm not sure custom, dynamic lists are quite what the OP would have intended and would add a wealth of complexity to the coding. But you could also filter by publisher and developer with dynamic lists, so, who has finished ALL Telltale's games, or Ubisoft's games? The potential for this type of thing could be large.

I do support the idea in general though.

How would it be possible to track the basic completion? How can the site know which region or platform of a certain game I want go for?

Why would it need to know which one you want to go for before you start going for it? It could just take the largest percentage completion you have out of all the different region lists. If you have 0% on all of them then you have 0% for that game.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

Why would it need to know which one you want to go for before you start going for it? It could just take the largest percentage completion you have out of all the different region lists. If you have 0% on all of them then you have 0% for that game.

My understanding was that this feature would not only show progress of the games you own in a certain series, but all games, 100%, 0% or not added to your profile at all to show you all titles you are missing. If this was the case, the site could not know what version of a trophy list to show for basic completion.

My understanding was that this feature would not only show progress of the games you own in a certain series, but all games, 100%, 0% or not added to your profile at all to show you all titles you are missing. If this was the case, the site could not know what version of a trophy list to show for basic completion.

It could just choose the one from the same region as the other games you have completed, or even just guess. Either way, does it actually matter which region's 0% list it shows?

If you have 0% in all of them then it could display any or all versions. Or perhaps a master entry which groups the versions together to avoid confusion.

It only really matters once you actually start playing one, at which point the versions at 0% wouldn't need to be shown anymore anyway.

That siTe doesn't use every list, it excludes stacks (and remasters/remakes I think?) making it incredibly useless and irrelevant.

It does include stacks and remasters/remakes....just change it in the settings....

I think it would be a great addition to this site, especially if you had filters (For example, i wouldn't want other region versions on my list, but others would).

My suggestion was to go beyond 100% with every stacking list you complete.

You could make it so that with all trophy lists obtained you get 200% completion :hmm:

Maybe :hmm:

Edited by Doctor Doom

Oh and by the way Sly.

If you ever think of doing this, and if you need someone to manage "which game goes where", I'm volunteering  ^_^