Community Challenge Pack

Finally got the RFAK trophy! That was a major PITA! Now it’s time to focus on TCF and TCITA. My health was getting low when Croc came in and I was worried that I would die after getting that far. I would have been po’d if that happened—glad I won’t have to do it again. Got TCITA trophy about a week ago and now TCF is kicking my butt. It is tough, but I'm going to continue practicing. I will 100% this game. Got TCF on one of the final days of 2018. I was determined to continue practicing and figure out what moves worked best for each character. I got annoyed that whenever I would go to strike someone, I would end up hitting a shield. I must have hit restart at least over 100 times; but with breaks and focusing my attention on making sure I was jumping over the bad guy and not evading in the opposite direction. I'm glad to have 100%'ed this game because I really did enjoy it, despite the final DLC pack. 

Edited by LDCurtiss

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got "Requiem for a Killer" where's my personal tips:

-Don't spam :square:, instead use the analog to point to the enemy you wish to attack and simply click once to attack (:square:).

-When you see a enemy about to attack you only counter if you're sure you didn't press :square: to that very same enemy. This might sound stupid but you don't believe the amount of times I lost my FreeFlow because of this

-Use evade and Batclaw slam, A LOT! This are probably the best attacks for this challenge and they will save you many times

-Once you see a shield, stun baton and/or gun use disarm and destroy (:triangle:+:square:). This is your top priority.

-Once Assassins and Ninjas start to spawn use the special combo takedown on them (:triangle:+:circle:). If, in some case, you see a Ninja and a shield guy for example, disarm the shield guy first.

- Restart the challenge once you lose you FreeFlow starring on x20.

-At the start of the challenge throw a smoke bomb and use your Disruptor to sabotage all 4 arm boxes, this will complete eliminate every gun in your run

• 1 month later...

Just got the Monarch Theater trophy. It inittially didn't pop when I completed all 4 chars with freeflow, but I read someone saying that they had to redo as Robin because, seemingly, whiffing an attack BEFORE starting the combo will count against you, even though you still get awared the freeflow bonus at the end of the round. Now going back to Crime Alley, which was the first challenge I've attempted. Shouldn't be as bad, since it's less enemies and no catwoman. Batman is just OP in comparison, being capable of Disarming and Destroying. Nightwing is good against the shock batons because of the CER. Robin... just exists.

3 hours later, got the Crime Alley trophy as well. This DLC pack has already ruined my otherwise great experience with Arkham Knight. Funny enough, the DLCs in City also made me feel the same way. It's funny how DLCs can turn a decent or good game into something you don't really want to experience.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been trying Monarch Theatre for hours with Robin and I give up. I managed to finish Batman's in a few tries. The amount of randomness that occurs on this map with Robin is ridiculous. He's terribly slow and he can't even break weapons. They might as well have had me do this challenge as Alfred. The ice lounge was fine and I'll probably still try other challenge maps like Crime Alley, but I'm done with Monarch Theatre. This is the first trophy that I've decided to go for and ended up giving up on.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just spent the last 4 hours getting "The Chill in the Air". I took a break, kept going at it with Batman, then got it. Tried for Robin, thought I had gotten it (you need Perfect Knight, I didn't know that), then went to Nightwing. When it didn't pop I went back to Robin and spent 2 hours on the challenge as him before finally achieving it at a super late hour of the night. What a damn brutal trophy. I think I'll go for Requiem for a Killer next since it requires you to be great for a long time but at least you're playing as Batman. I'm not one who normally goes all out for trophies like these but something about this game and all it's DLC makes me want to conquer it completely. 

• Like 3

OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT "REQUIEM FOR A KILLER"

I spent like... 3-4 hours yesterday on the 26th going for it. Closest I got was 780k. I couldn't fathom that I may never be able to achieve it. Then today I got 850k on my first run, kept at it for another 40 minutes, and hit 1.3 million with ease and achieved like a 525 hit combo. The key for me was using the disruptor and taking out the crates cuz in the 250-300+ range they'd start getting guns and that'd trip me up. One of my proudest trophies I've ever achieved. Now on to "The Curtain Falls"... 

• Like 3

Yooooooo and now I achieved "The Curtain Falls"! I was at it for quite some time with Batman, gave up, switched to Catwoman and got it on like my 4th attempt since having no brutes makes it far easier. Stopped for the day, went back as Batman, and within like 6 attempts I got it. Then I did Nightwing, and got it on my 1st attempt as him (for some reason to me he feels way faster than other characters), and finally after an hour as Robin I achieved it! Man I've gotta say, "The Curtain Falls" - at least for me, felt like the easiest of the 3. Maybe it's because I had most of my practice in Crime Alley but that one was worse, and "Requiem For a Killer" due to the randomness of not knowing who's coming next is also worse off.

I'm very proud of myself though. I thought for a moment I'd never achieve these 3. Now to do the predator challenges and then a new story plus run for the platinum and 100%!

• Like 4