This Game Gets So Many Passes For All The Glitches and Bugs It Has!

ananda

Personally, I didn't run into that many glitches. In my two playthroughs, I had two that I noticed. One was the NPCs would walk through someone in the middle of a conversation. The other was Roach's head went through the ground while I was riding her so it looked like Geralt was riding a horse butt. That was it for me. With all my experieces with glitchy games, The Witcher 3 doesn't even come close to my top 20 glitchy games. I remember I was playing Dragon Age 2 and about half way through the game, all the texture graphics (except for the faces) stopped working so I had to play the rest of the game with everything in their default white color. I think it depends on the person, imo. If a game is entertaining overall and the glitches aren't game breaking, people usually give developers a pass. It's when the game isn't great on top of standout glitches that make people despise games more.

It also helps when the developers seem to care about the content they put out too.

Only ran into one glitch that was a weird one. In my first playthrough I just lost my head, at first I didnt care because I thought it was only graphical. But when I was about to talk to someone for a quest I couldn't chat. So I had to restart. This happened when I was like 15 hours in. So a little bit of a hassle but I started again and never saw a game breaking glitch again. 

• 4 months later...

The most frequent ones I encounter:

• Geralt for some reason will continue to walk even after I stop touching the left stick
  • Not being able to start a conversation with a merchant even though they're active and awake. Meditating for an hour fixes it.
  • When you ask a merchant to take a look at their stock, the store menu won't open no matter how many times you repeat the request. Exiting the conversation and meditating for an hour usually fixes it.

• 3 weeks later...

The most frequent ones I encounter:

• Geralt for some reason will continue to walk even after I stop touching the left stick
  • Not being able to start a conversation with a merchant even though they're active and awake. Meditating for an hour fixes it.
  • When you ask a merchant to take a look at their stock, the store menu won't open no matter how many times you repeat the request. Exiting the conversation and meditating for an hour usually fixes it.

Are you using the alternative control option? that might fix 1 for you. 

To clarify... I platinumed the game and earned all the trophies for the Hearts of Stone DLC, but it was a very long, frustrating journey!!! I obviously like the game, but no one on this forum who has played this game from the release date can deny that it has been riddled with glitches, bugs and problems that have impeded progress and/or trophy accumulation. It has been a great test in patience for me and I am sad to say I have failed it! I remember needing to play most of the game without any of the updates applied at one point just to amass some trophies that became impossible to get after certain updates. And the more updates in, the more bugs it created!

I'm asking why does the Witcher 3 get a pass with the great amount of issues and bugs it has when games like Batman: Arkham Knight and Lords of the Fallen got basically blasted for their bugs, which also have been remedied? Is it because we love CD Projekt RED so much that we are blind to their faults or what?

hqdefault.jpg

Because the game mostly works for most people. Bugs are inevitable no one denies that and game breaking bugs or bugs that halt progress need to be scrutinized to all hell but Witcher 3 had a relatively smooth launch for most people and they have been on top of support from day 1 to this very day which tends to make people more forgiving. 

It's a bit like The Elder Scrolls games, filled to the brim with bugs and glitches... barely any patches by dev, but they release DLCs and whatnot. Then you got fan patches of noticeable size, with new ones coming out for years after release. Yet these games get like 9-10/10.... seriously? The games weren't finished.

http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes

If you're going to shit talk the game at least do the bare minimum research required. Note this list isn't even complete.

It's the same thing as with Bethesda games. People stand in line to apologize for these studios, meaning they'll never be held responsible for anything. Skyrim on PS3 finally became such a gigantic clusterfuck that even Bethesda couldn't turn a blind eye anymore. That didn't stop them from completely ignoring Fallout 3, which to this day is still a disaster on PS3. (GOTY edition becomes literally unplayable, but hey, 9/10!) They make millions, yet treat QA like it's a joke. I had a friend who worked for Bethesda as a QA and he stated numerous times when coming home from work that a lot of bugs he reported were scratched off the list and ignored. He also warned me not to buy the PS3 version before it ever came out, but I didn't listen. I should have.

The excuse of "the game world is just so big and so many things happen, that it's only natural" is such bullshit. If you make a game of that proportion, then you either do it right, or don't do it. Don't half ass it and then use the genre you chose as an excuse for shortcomings. You don't decide to build a house yourself with a leaking roof, but tell your family it's only understandable because building a house is complex. I also don't understand how the sheer amount of things I can do in Skyrim (which is actually very limited to personal RPing, but that's a different topic) is what causes certain NPCs to just randomly become hostile when I load into the companions base. I've had to restart before because Varstag, or whatever his name is, decided to suddenly grow irrationally hateful towards me and started to attack me on sight while everyone else was just sitting there drinking and eating.

I hate playing games like this. I feel like walking on egg-shells the entire time, waiting for the next inevitable crash or glitch that fucks up a quest. The entire time I played Skyrim I felt on edge. Like the system was never more than a second away from crashing. It's very hard to describe, but it's simply a feeling of discomfort and the closest thing I can think of is balancing yourself on a plank while traversing a chasm.

I haven't played Witcher 3 yet, but that's because I've heard of these gamebreaking glitches and progress-prevention bugs. I can't handle those. CDProject seems to be pretty involved with their game post-launch, so maybe everything will stabilize, if it hasn't already.

I don't disagree with you about Bethesda at all actually and especially Skyrim's launch but even at it's worst Witcher 3 wasn't as painstakingly broken as Skyrim. Give it a shot if you haven't and pick up the GotY edition for all the patches and DLC pre-installed already.

EDIT; shit just saw the thread date. All of this still applies though haha 

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

In my playthrough i only encountered 3 glitches (one was game breaking).For the first glitch i was in a quest where i had to take out some guards with my fists.I think it was at Oxenfurt.When we started,all 3 of us teleported to a cave.I even checked the map and we were south!When i took care of them i returned to the original spot.The other two glitches were in Toussaint.One of them has to do with the ending but since they fixed it i won't go to spoilers.The other one was the game breaking.There is a secondary quest (it's needed for a trophy) where you have to exterminate some monster nests to save the vineyard.If you destroyed a nest before you start the quest,then you couldn't continue.I don't know if they fixed that but i had to return to a previous save and lose 3-4 hours of progress

Good game, I loved it, don't get me wrong. But if you want 100%'d/Platinums from games you enjoy. Skip it. I have no clue if it has been patched, I played it a few months back, a good year after its release. I got ever trophy, including the two ending trophies, the third ending trophy didn't pop. So I rage-sold the game.

I played this game on an older profile and remembered there was something related to the ending that I didn't understand, I thought it was glitched but turns out I didn't do something but I got the platinum for it in the end, it wasn't long after it came out so unless you played it more recently and the DLC messed something up I don't know

I haven't yet played this game or anything made by CDProject red, but no wonder it will run on a lot's of glitches, any open world game with a very good graphics are tend to have a lot amount of bugs and glitches, and in case of W3 which the world is super duper huge in it is not surprising to trip over a bug or two while playing.

sure it's not AC Unity level of brokeness, but glitches and hilarious bugs will likely to happen! CDProject behind the development or not.

• 3 months later...

Well I started playing since around the time the last (1.31) update came out and I haven't experienced any huge glitches. It's not hard to see why exactly the game got a pass. Despite it having problems, it was still and amazing game in all aspects of game development. And CD Projekt RED was still a medium-sized developer that tried to make the best game possible. They pushed themselves to the limit, they put their soul in to making the game and you can clearly see it when you play it. The attention to detail, the scale of the world, the mechanics that brought their vision to life, ... A project on such a big scale is bound that have problems because no matter how much a game developer tries there will be things they miss. I mean, the game is huge, you can't possibly thing that a few testers will notice every single glitch, can you?

After many patches Witcher 3 is completely playable without any bad glitches whatsoever. Some still exist as no developer is perfect, but it's one of the absolute best third person RPGs out there. 

I sunk in 30 hours into the game and I barely touched the surface. No side mission ever feels like a chore, it's that good.

Apparently there's a pretty big glitch (not game breaking mind you) when you start NG+ after patch 1.31. All your mutagens (greater, normal, lesser) get reset to one of each. It's not game breaking, but it's annoying, especially if you have the Blood and Wine DLC and played the quest for the added mutations. If you don't have them all maxed out, and I'm sure most of you won't in a single play through, when you start NG+, expect a shock when you look at the mutagens you thought would carry over.

I messaged CD PROJEKT RED, they said they couldn't replicate the issue. I called bullshit and sent them a link to a forum where it was VERY common. They replied saying they didn't have any plans to add any more patches at this time. I thanked them for actually being honest with me.

There is a way to help reduce the suffering of having to collect mutagens in NG+, though. Put one of each mutagen in Geralt's inventory and one of each in the stash box. Get some of those herbs that can change one mutagen color to another. Look at the ingredients to change mutagen colors and buy a bunch of the ingredients needed. Now when you start NG+, if you get a blue and you want red, you have the resources to change it to the desired color necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finished game four times (casual playthrough, hardest difficulty, and with each DLC). Despite some graphic issues (people walking through furniture, etc) or Roach's sudden desire to 'spice' a game a bit, I had only one game breaking glitch, with one of the extra missions. (in translation it would be 'the most dangerous monster on Skellige" or sth like this). Couldn't finish it, because the werewolf couldn't die (animation of death was repeating endlessly). But during my second playthrough (one month later) no problem with this.

On 2/16/2017 at 2:19 PM, Grondziu said:

I have finished game four times (casual playthrough, hardest difficulty, and with each DLC). Despite some graphic issues (people walking through furniture, etc) or Roach's sudden desire to 'spice' a game a bit, I had only one game breaking glitch, with one of the extra missions. (in translation it would be 'the most dangerous monster on Skellige" or sth like this). Couldn't finish it, because the werewolf couldn't die (animation of death was repeating endlessly). But during my second playthrough (one month later) no problem with this.

That was a well-known glitch and CD Projekt Red patched it. Happened to me, too.

So, for me, I didn't see any glitches in my playthrough. Granted, I played it a few months after this thread was started, but I was amazed at the quality, given the number of glitches I've seen in previous games (though, to be fair, I played The Witcher 3 after, what, 25 patches or so?). Comparing it, e.g., to Dragon Age: Inquisition, I thought it ran better. Comparing to Skyrim is just a no-brainer (even after 1,000,000 patches, Skyrim runs poorly).

My only issue was the interminable load time when you traveled from one country to another.