Much Harder Than the Demo

Remilia Scarlet

I finally purchased this game yesterday after several years since it got a reasonable price drop. Something I noticed is that it seems a lot harder than the demo was. It may just be me, but I am struggling a lot with remaining in stealth, no matter what tactics I use or path I take. I don't remember the demo being anywhere near this difficult. It's a great game, don't get me wrong - I'm enjoying the hell out of it - but it feels unnecessarily hard, even on the normal difficulty setting.

I finally purchased this game yesterday after several years since it got a reasonable price drop. Something I noticed is that it seems a lot harder than the demo was. It may just be me, but I am struggling a lot with remaining in stealth, no matter what tactics I use or path I take. I don't remember the demo being anywhere near this difficult. It's a great game, don't get me wrong - I'm enjoying the hell out of it - but it feels unnecessarily hard, even on the normal difficulty setting.

I don't remember the demo specifically but the game wasn't too hard. Use the Welrod to stay stealth when not sniping, of course aim for head shots while using it. Using stealth takedowns isn't really needed past the trophies, I mostly used the pistol. If the levels allows, make sure the mask your shots behind the loud sound. If you are found, make sure to relocate as fast as possible so they quit looking for you quicker. If i remember correctly, the entire game can still be beat without stealth as long as you keep changing positions so you don't die. 

Platinum proof http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1438-Sniper-Elite-V2

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

Yeah its kinda hard, I absolutely suck with the sniper. which part are you up to? and do you wanna team up for coop?

I just beat the level where you destroy the bridge about 15 minutes ago. Unfortunately, I dislike co-op, so I have to turn down your offer. Thanks for the offer though. I'll just power through the game solo.

I played through the game all the way on Sniper Elite difficulty. It can be quite grueling, especially if you're not into sniping games or tactics much. Going prone is probably the best thing to do when taking distance shots, it steadies your aim more and you're less likely to be spotted. Also, try to take out more than one target with each shot, if possible. Leaving fewer enemies to take shots at you. 

• 1 year later...

Its only hard when you keep failing doing the same thing. This game requires your full attention! The use of Traps is almost as important as taking out those sneaky enemy snipers.

SIMPLE:

You can toss the stone and it will distract the snipers, even at a long distance. They are scoped onto you remember. Gunning it is next to impossible.

I got a 9 for one kill just yesterday.. What a buzz.