This game worth it?

AJ_Radio

Back in the early-mid 90s I was big into adventure games. Whether it was Kings Quest or Monkey Island, those were some of the games that defined my early childhood, since games on Windows 3.1 and 95 weren't generally played by little kids due to the DOS Prompt being a bit complicated for most of them. I guess I was pretty lucky.

Modern adventure games for me don't come close to the nostalgia and charm of those old Windows/DOS games, but looking at screenshots this new incarnation of Kings Quest may be worth trying out. There is no platinum, and while PSN sells the complete collection, trophies for this game only go up to Chapter 2. So I'm not sure what's the deal. The collection is a bit pricey for me knowing that there's no platinum.

Has anyone here liked the game? I haven't read any reviews yet.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So it is 9.99 for season pass this week...ends soon. 60% off with plus, is it worth it? I am in no rush to play it so maybe just wait for 70%+ off sometime later this year?

• 1 month later...

So, late to the party here. I actually picked up the $9.99 season pass mentioned by ergoproxy, and I think it's fun. My one gripe is the trophy structure, which basically begs you to look at a guide, since so many of them are missable, and the game doesn't hold up well over multiple playthroughs. However, looking at a guide kind of defeats the purpose of the game.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Brilliant and underrated game! Agree with the guys above where a guide is needed otherwise you'd lose endless hours trying to figure out what us needed for the trophies. Nevertheless, the humour and narrator is spot on. Currently on episode 3 and just want to keep going.

Very impressed, the only thing that would make this game better is having a platinum trophy but I'm not going to let that ruin this experience.

• 2 years later...

It is actually so good though I do not think I have played any of the original releases.  The games I played that were published by Sierra were more on the City Building genre. Completed the PS4 version back in 2018 and have been eyeing the PS3 version for quite some time now.  The retail release seems to be in NA only so getting it in the UK was pretty difficult - if ever the ones that are sold on eBay cost much more that what it is truly worth. 

I just ended up purchasing the Complete Collection for the PS3 with its full price - £23.99, no choice but to give in since PS3 games on PSN no longer are offered with sale events.

I do think it is still worth it for that price though.  The game is an absolute gem and a joy to play.  The story is well written too.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1