Trophy thoughts?

chickenbaltipie

Although I like the game, the game itself kind've sucks because there isn't enough ammo and feels poorly balanced as a result. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've played up to floor 5 without receiving a single ammo drop, it's dumb. 

Well, there are no ammo drops in the game. They can only br bought from the shop, or from the Marines Supply Drop skill.

• Like 1

Well, there are no ammo drops in the game. They can only br bought from the shop, or from the Marines Supply Drop skill.

False, there are.

Although I like the game, the game itself kind've sucks because there isn't enough ammo and feels poorly balanced as a result. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've played up to floor 5 without receiving a single ammo drop, it's dumb. 

There is a patch on PC already which balances the drops a bit more and makes the TANK boss easier. Hopefully it will hit PSN soon.

• Like 1

Ooooooooh, I hope so. At this point I've gotten a pretty good sense of the other Chamber 3 boss's pattern, if anything I might think that's getting a little easy, but the tank boss just constantly overwhelms me. I've still never beaten the tank once, even with really powerful gear like the Fightsabre.

You can get ammo drops from enemies, I've had loads.

The tank seems really OP, I've beaten it a few times and actually got master round 3 from it once, but it's clear that cannonbalrog is way easier, I can usually do that one getting hit max once or twice in the process, once you get it's pattern down it's reasonably simple.

Edit: The gun 'The Scrambler' makes the tank a joke, now I remember how I got a master round from it...

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 2

There are ammo drops. They infrequently spawn after clearing a room. But if you don't get one, making it to the end is frustrating. Sometimes I got 4-5 ammo drops during a single run, other times I get 0 (not counting if they are available in shops, which is also random).

• Like 1

If I ever get the Platinum it's going to be the greatest day of my life. This game seriously kicks my ass but I'm lovin' it. Would be nice to even beat this once, but I haven't got past the third level... Well, gotta practice some more. A lot.

• Like 2

If I ever get the Platinum it's going to be the greatest day of my life. This game seriously kicks my ass but I'm lovin' it. Would be nice to even beat this once, but I haven't got past the third level... Well, gotta practice some more. A lot.

I was starting to 'git gud' but now DS3 is out i probably won't play this for a while and go back to sucking again next time i pick it up

"Collect 5 master rounds in one run" - I had one of these on floor two and think i got it for beating the level (including boss) without getting hit - if this is the requirement then this IS a tough trophy.

Master round is from no hitting a boss. Killing all 5 bosses without getting hit is nearly impossible. Just wait til you see the Dragun Kill Pillars, High Priest, or the Wall.

Apparently you can also earn the trophy in BOSS RUSH or with the item that clones floors.

Apparently you can also earn the trophy in BOSS RUSH or with the item that clones floors.

I didn't know about boss rush, that's probably a good option then, certainly for practice either way. Best bet is the clone though I reckon, I'm yet to find it but I'd fancy my chances of 5/10 flawless runs if I had a half decent loadout, which you certainly will given you can have two full run throughs. 

Or if you get the fightsaber 10/10 would be possible. :P

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 1

Right so for Lead God, it doesn't seem as bad as I initially thought. On boss rush mode you fight all bosses so you actually get 3 attempts to flawless each of the first 4 chambers, however you have to flawless the dragon first try. Due to this I still think the clone method is the best.

A word of warning for whoever sees this though ... at the moment there is a potential glitch with the clone item where if you die against the Dragon and the clone activates your character won't be able to move downwards upon revival with clone and you with have to end the run. This is due to some issue with the dragon which has apparently been patched on pc so presumably will be coming to ps4. 

The glitch just happened to me on a run where I had aced 3 of the first 4 bosses and decided I probably wouldn't ace the dragon so would die there and save ammo in my best guns to get another two next time round. A shame really as I probably could've done lead god and also the 6th chamber in this run as well, had 8 hearts upon revival due to items and a companion helper. :/

• Like 2

I didnt even know there was a boss rush!!!

I was progressing really well on this game, then i started Dark Souls, came back to this yesterday and got my arse kicked - think this is something you need to stick with (well for me anyway)

I'll come back to this after my first PT of DS3 i think!

• 3 months later...