Ps Vita Rhythm games

AffectatiousDonk

A large portion of rhythm games on the Vita are Japan only since the genre is alive and kicking over there, so you may have to dabble in some imports if you really want to.  But some I can think of off the top of my head...

• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F/F 2nd/X
  • IA/VT
  • Utakumi 575 (BUT do be warned half of the gameplay revolves around choosing the correct lyrics as well... plenty of guides for helping, know plenty of non-speakers who have imported and subsequently platted this game)
  • Bakumatsu Rock Ultra Soul
  • iDOLM@STER Must Songs Red/Blue Version (two games, only one platinum)
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version
  • Miracle Girls Festival (exact same gameplay style as Miku - same developers)
  • Dekamori Senran Kagura (Senran Kagura Bon Appetit in the west)
  • Superbeat Xonic
  • DJMAX Technika Tune

All must be imported besides Senran Kagura, and the Mikus.  Hope this helps :)

Edited by Kashiyuka
  • Like 1

A large portion of rhythm games on the Vita are Japan only since the genre is alive and kicking over there, so you may have to dabble in some imports if you really want to.  But some I can think of off the top of my head...

• IA/VT
  • Utakumi 575 (BUT do be warned half of the gameplay revolves around choosing the correct lyrics as well... plenty of guides for helping, know plenty of non-speakers who have imported and subsequently platted this game)
  • Superbeat Xonic
  • DJMAX Technika Tune

Xonic and Technica Tune have western releases too :P

Edited by Akira Fox
  • Like 1

Senran Kagura is not worth playing as a rhythm game. Large majority of it bored me to tears. Don't get sucked in by the boobs.

Rest of that list is fairly solid. The Miku games are probably the friendliest plats if you're sticking to English stuff, and IA/VT plays the same without the annoying Diva room shenanigans if you feel like importing.

DJ Max isn't too bad for difficulty, but it's a very long plat. Xonic is made by (basically) the same developer, but it's exponentially more difficult and plays sort of similar to P4DAN (IMO Xonic works much better though, P4DAN felt clunky in comparision).

• IA/VT
  • Superbeat Xonic
  • DJMAX Technika Tune

You forgot RabuRaibu :P

@OP: Just remember, if you are entering the world of rhythm games, P4DAN is the bottom line in terms of difficulty =D

@OP: Just remember, if you are entering the world of rhythm games, P4DAN is the bottom line in terms of difficulty =D

Yeaaaaaaaah but like it's such a simple non-challenging rhythm game.  lol, jk, totally blanked on those ones.

Xonic and Technica Tune have western releases too :P

Oh my bad!  I had no clue.  Sorry :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still can't believe there is no Love Live Rythme Game for the PSVita. Well at least their is the mobile game. I love it so very much.

My current status and main idol:

wcc_zpsfk1cby3r.png

My current strongest team which the Pure Team:

16%20-%203_zpsphpmp9sj.png

Wish they would port it over to the vita.

It would be an instant hit.

• Like 1

I know this comment is old, but:

P4DAN is even easier than the LL-games gameplay-wise? oO

I'd say Utakumi 575 is easier than P4DAN (if you can understand Japanese or memorize the correct kana.)

I know this comment is old, but:

P4DAN is even easier than the LL-games gameplay-wise? oO

I was only considering localized games =D

LL games are obviously easier. Though... you may actually have more FCs in P4DAN than in the LL xD

After I posted that comment, I found they did make a game similar to it: Love Live School Idol Paradise (though I still prefer Love Live School Idol Festival)

Um... you haven't checked my profile for a while, huh? xD

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2838-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%EF%BC%81-School-idol-paradise-Vol-1-Printemps/SatoshiOokami

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2837-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%EF%BC%81-School-idol-paradise-Vol-2-BiBi/SatoshiOokami

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2835-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%EF%BC%81-School-idol-paradise-Vol-3-lily-white/SatoshiOokami

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I was only considering localized games =D

LL games are obviously easier. Though... you may actually have more FCs in P4DAN than in the LL xD

With that restriction applied I guess this is true. I mean there's only the DJMax-series, P4DAN, Senran and Miku so there's no real choice between.

But what is FC? Full combo? Fan content?

Will we ever see Rock Band Unplugged or something equal to it on the vita ever?

That would require a Western developer/publisher to acknowledge the Vita exists so no. Only Western rhythm game I can think of is the Michael Jackson one which was surprisingly decent on Vita short of the way too limited track list.