Heavy Rain glitches a lot?

AJ_Radio

Heavy Rain like a lot of Playstation exclusives is one of countless many that I missed, because I came into the Playstation 3 so late in it's life span. For a newcomer it's probably best to play Heavy Rain on the PS4 as opposed to the PS3, but the flickering reported in the beginning of the game along with other bugs is preventing me from actually buying the game via PSN.

The flickering from what I've been told can be fixed by rebooting the PS4, but that doesn't confirm if it will come back or if any other annoying bug will come along and ruin the gameplay experience. I played all of LA Noire and a good part of Until Dawn, and I think Heavy Rain is a bit similar to both games. I've been into detective like games lately and will be starting Murdered Soul Suspect. But if any of you have the platinum or at least beaten Heavy Rain, is it pretty playable for the most part?

No spoilers please, just want to know if there are any bugs and glitches I need to watch out for, since I haven't heard of any patches coming for the PS4 version.

Well there is the flickering issue most people pointed out when they started the game. I don't want to be most of the way through and encounter a bug or a glitch that will force me to reload a save or checkpoint.

I had this but only for the first chapter, it's still playable though. The rest may have some sketchy areas but again it was playable all the way through.

Heavy Rain like a lot of Playstation exclusives is one of countless many that I missed, because I came into the Playstation 3 so late in it's life span. For a newcomer it's probably best to play Heavy Rain on the PS4 as opposed to the PS3, but the flickering reported in the beginning of the game along with other bugs is preventing me from actually buying the game via PSN.

The flickering from what I've been told can be fixed by rebooting the PS4, but that doesn't confirm if it will come back or if any other annoying bug will come along and ruin the gameplay experience. I played all of LA Noire and a good part of Until Dawn, and I think Heavy Rain is a bit similar to both games. I've been into detective like games lately and will be starting Murdered Soul Suspect. But if any of you have the platinum or at least beaten Heavy Rain, is it pretty playable for the most part?

No spoilers please, just want to know if there are any bugs and glitches I need to watch out for, since I haven't heard of any patches coming for the PS4 version.

i have watched many youtubers play the new ps4 version and they didn't had any problems, the bugs and glitches seems to affect only a minority of players, but others can play the whole game without experiencing any issues.

ps.: only a good part of UD? you should finish it all, it was a very well received game in the gaming community, amazing game.

Edited by smellslikejavier

I just completed it today on PS4 and only problem i had was one NPC in the prologue getting stuck in another one and glitching out a bit. Hadnt noticed any others, nor did I notice any problems with the video quality in the FMVs. I have the disc version (part of the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls collection) if that matters (which i think it does, since looking elsewhere everyone thats had bugs has had the download version)

From last time now I have started to encounter unstoppable flickering text, which all of the text in the game constantly flickers. Also a glitch where options button does not respond and you must exit game to get back to main menu, happened multiple times. Fps seemed to have gotten noticeable worse too. All of these don't really break too much though so it's still playable. 

I'm guessing the flickering is a memory issue, as in the memory is full, probably lots of allocated memory that has not been freed. :o In which case a reboot of the system fixes it, because that clears the memory.

Edited by MMDE

I'm guessing the flickering is a memory issue, as in the memory is full, probably lots of allocated memory that has not been freed. :o In which case a reboot of the system fixes it, because that clears the memory.

That was correct, fixed the text after restarting the system. 

• 1 month later...

I can't get the lover boy trophy to unlock.  3 times now replaying the chapter to forgive Madison.... FML

The trophies on Heavy Rain only unlocks at a loading screen (were the character's faces appears) or by quitting to the main menu after meeting the requirements of the trophy. But you probably know this by now.

Edited by Finozzi1696