Ratchet and Clank PS4 Trophy List

coffe_blac

Can I ask why? Is there a trophy-related reason for not playing on easy, or do you just consider it less fun?

It'd be way too simple. It's designed to be played on hard. Trophy wise it'll make the entire experience far less of a grind if you have some resistance from the enemies

he has a review copy, that's why he got the new game earlier than everyone else.

It's not an argument that he can't play the game early.  Whether he's a reviewer, a tester, or played a demo at some convention, the point is that his opinion is not a finite word on the trophy, but one persons opinion.  Opinions from others who'd played it will not likely be offered at this time as the game isn't out.  My point of view, from my experience with every other R&C game, and using those games as evidence, is that winning the race will be easier than hitting sub-1:35.  Also, I posted a video as evidence that you can win in anytime under 2 mins.  Whether or not he has a screenshot is irrelevant as I posted evidence to the contrary of his opinion.  Why he had a different experience than the video showed can be easily summed up.  It's been a well known fact for a long time that Insomniac utilizes dynamic difficulty balancing.  For this reason alone subsequent tries (after repeat failures) would help to make the race easier.  In contrast, the 1:35 time will never get easier as the time is a finite number.  You may get better as a racer with repeated tries, but the game doesn't scale up the time as it would scale down the difficulty each time you fail.  But it will be very easy to see which of these trophies is easier in a few weeks, as the percentages will be reflected on this site.  If at that time, more people have the 1:35 trophy than the win trophy, I'll eat my words.  I just find that to be highly unlikely.

It's not an argument that he can't play the game early.  Whether he's a reviewer, a tester, or played a demo at some convention, the point is that his opinion is not a finite word on the trophy, but one persons opinion.  Opinions from others who'd played it will not likely be offered at this time as the game isn't out.  My point of view, from my experience with every other R&C game, and using those games as evidence, is that winning the race will be easier than hitting sub-1:35.  Also, I posted a video as evidence that you can win in anytime under 2 mins.  Whether or not he has a screenshot is irrelevant as I posted evidence to the contrary of his opinion.  Why he had a different experience than the video showed can be easily summed up.  It's been a well known fact for a long time that Insomniac utilizes dynamic difficulty balancing.  For this reason alone subsequent tries (after repeat failures) would help to make the race easier.  In contrast, the 1:35 time will never get easier as the time is a finite number.  You may get better as a racer with repeated tries, but the game doesn't scale up the time as it would scale down the difficulty each time you fail.  But it will be very easy to see which of these trophies is easier in a few weeks, as the percentages will be reflected on this site.  If at that time, more people have the 1:35 trophy than the win trophy, I'll eat my words.  I just find that to be highly unlikely.

Hahahaha "he has evidence but I have evidence and mine is better"?

There is no dynamic difficulty balancing in this game. The only thing that makes it "easier" is by playing on normal or easy. On hard difficulty, to win you have to do under 1 35 (at least for the bronze cup). The AI doesn't get slower the more times you do it, believe me. 

You are correct that more will win than get 1 35, but that's down to being able to do win easily on normal and easy difficulties, which given there's no difficulty trophy, I imagine many will play on those difficulties.

But hey, yeah you're definitely right, what would I know?

For any hardcore fans, does this look up to par with the others, or am I better off buying the older ones? It looks very interesting to me, but you never knows what flops these days. Looks like an easy plat, which I prefer a little tougher, but if it's a good game it shouldn't matter. It comes out tomorrow, anyone got a winning sales pitch? Or should I hold off? Damn pre-order bonuses..

For any hardcore fans, does this look up to par with the others, or am I better off buying the older ones? It looks very interesting to me, but you never knows what flops these days. Looks like an easy plat, which I prefer a little tougher, but if it's a good game it shouldn't matter. It comes out tomorrow, anyone got a winning sales pitch? Or should I hold off? Damn pre-order bonuses..

I barely finish any games and I played through this one 3 times back to back. I thought it was a return to form for the series. Most that I've enjoyed one since Crack in Time.

I was so happy to get to play this tomorrow, as I have some free time. Well, too bad, EU release is apparently 8 days later. Just makes me sigh...

It's okay, though. I am just imagining whoever in charge of the release dates being severely beaten while forced to apologize. Helps me soothe my mind.

I am going completely out of my mind with the Et tu, Copernicus trophy, last one before my platinum and I've been all over the Deplanetiser a 100 times and even replayed the game for the umpteenth time. Can anyone please tell me what I am missing?

I am going completely out of my mind with the Et tu, Copernicus trophy, last one before my platinum and I've been all over the Deplanetiser a 100 times and even replayed the game for the umpteenth time. Can anyone please tell me what I am missing?

The trophy is hidden in the corridor with the 2 short bars on the map. Just teleport to the Core then travel backwards and search the lower bar.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! :) I'll check it out right away.

The trophy is hidden in the corridor with the 2 short bars on the map. Just teleport to the Core then travel backwards and search the lower bar.

It seems as though this trophy must have glitched for me. Ran around the lower bar smashed at everything and looked at everything. No trophy. Appreciate the help a lot though. :)

Thank you so much! :) I'll check it out right away.

It seems as though this trophy must have glitched for me. Ran around the lower bar smashed at everything and looked at everything. No trophy. Appreciate the help a lot though. :)

The trophy is located within that area. Try walking up to all the doors and standing there for a few seconds (upper and lower area)  or against the end of the walls (which is out of bounds on the map).

Edited by Ztarman

The trophy is located with that area. Try walking up to all the doors (upper and lower area) or against the end of the walls (which is out of bounds on the map).

I believe you. I have gone up against all walls and doors and even jumped against them towards the ceiling. Nothing makes the trophy pop for me. Tried the same area on both the first and second visit. The annoying thing is I did this the first time I looked for it too. I actually hope this trophy is glitched as it shouldn't be this hard.

I believe you. I have gone up against all walls and doors and even jumped against them towards the ceiling. Nothing makes the trophy pop for me. Tried the same area on both the first and second visit. The annoying thing is I did this the first time I looked for it too. I actually hope this trophy is glitched as it shouldn't be this hard.

Do you think is has be done before defeating Quark? Or maybe you need to be disguised as him for it to work. His lounge can be seen in the cutscene when Ratchet gets captured so I know it's in the location.

The Rilgar race is hard as hell at the moment. Winning it is harder than the 1 35 race time. 

No trophies carry over, bar the "max out weapon" etc ones that you can see in the list they put out.

Hahahaha "he has evidence but I have evidence and mine is better"?

There is no dynamic difficulty balancing in this game. The only thing that makes it "easier" is by playing on normal or easy. On hard difficulty, to win you have to do under 1 35 (at least for the bronze cup). The AI doesn't get slower the more times you do it, believe me. 

You are correct that more will win than get 1 35, but that's down to being able to do win easily on normal and easy difficulties, which given there's no difficulty trophy, I imagine many will play on those difficulties.

But hey, yeah you're definitely right, what would I know?

Where in there did you say anything about difficulty?  This whole time you were arguing that your experience, and your supposed screenshot (that you never provided) proved it was harder to win than get under 1:35.  And yeah, your supposed evidence is irrelevant, you solely stated winning was harder and I provided a video to show it wasn't.  If you had given us ANYTHING to prove otherwise, then your claim may have been justified.  But now, and only now do you mention difficulty for the very first time.  Even so, even if you're playing on Hard, that was your choice, and at the least you should have stated that when you made your initial comment.  Instead you simply claimed it was harder to win, with no proof, no evidence, and no other information whatsoever.

In regards to dynamic difficulty, this game might not have it, but Insomniac is infamous for using it in the R&C series.  Since you've already omitted pretty basic info already in this thread, I will consider this your opinion until confirmed by reputable sources.

In the original R&C, the AI did get slower the more you lost.  Just like how regular gameplay got easier the more you died.  It went the other way too and got harder if you killed everything and never died or got hit.  One classic example is the mini-game My Blaster Runs Hot.  The more you play that (and lose in early waves), the more civilians will spawn to grant you large amounts of points.  Basically, as long as you don't give up, you'll pretty much always get to 10k points (which is a trophy) eventually.

I agree with your final statement.  So far I've only seen biased opinions missing any fact or valid info to weigh it against and snarky replies when I didn't immediately agree with you.  So yeah, what do you know?  I'm still wondering that myself...

Ok I'll discuss as an adult ;)

Couldn't provide pics - the realities of embargos and NDA's pre-release. Reviewers cannot say/post/take screenshots of anything.

I guess you could say I was amused that you, having not played the game, were trying to tell me what was in the game and how it worked. But now you can play the game for yourself and see :)

didn't understood all that because i only replied to you to tell you how he got the new game earlier, that's all.

Ok I'll discuss as an adult ;)

Couldn't provide pics - the realities of embargos and NDA's pre-release. Reviewers cannot say/post/take screenshots of anything.

I guess you could say I was amused that you, having not played the game, were trying to tell me what was in the game and how it worked. But now you can play the game for yourself and see :)

My coworker picked the game up last night and she played through to Nebula G34.  I asked her about the Hoverboard races and she said she beat the Bronze, Silver, and Gold cups on her first try.  On the Gold cup she said her time was around 1:50.  She was playing on Normal difficulty.  Also, she has confirmed that there is almost definitely Dynamic Difficulty Balancing in this game.  She tested it by dying repeatedly to mobs in one location and noticed slight changes over time like the number of enemies decreasing after subsequent attempts.  These subtle changes have been the same throughout the R&C series.  Some of the developers mention this in one of their podcasts, but I can't remember which one.  This is them on yt: https://www.youtube.com/user/uselesspodcasts/playlists?nohtml5=False

I've played all of the other R&C titles (platted the 8 with trophies) and I did them all back to back very recently.  I found them to always be very similar and formulaic.  Since this game is almost a direct remake of the 1st, and all their prior games followed the same formula, it was safe to say that the hoverboard races would be similar, if not the same as the first game.  Also, if 1:35 was so easy to get, the trophy would have changed to be a much lower time.  There's a reason why it has it's own trophy.  On the other hand, winning the race is REQUIRED to progress in the story, so it can't be a total showstopper.  So far I've watched a video of someone doing this race and spoken to a trusted coworker and both experiences were the same, it's MUCH easier to win the races than it is to get under 1:35.  I don't have to play the game to trust my own eyes and ears, and seeing winning times 20-30 seconds slower than the trophy requirement was enough proof for me.  And you act offended that I don't take your word for it when, again, you did not once mention the game difficulty or the cup level you were playing on when you began debating this.  If you had given proper info from the start, I would have simply pointed out that you could have played on an easier difficulty and been done with it.

The irony is that from the start your attitude has been 'I played it, I know everything', which is unfortunately not an uncommon point of view of the reviewers I've met.  But now that the game is out, I can at least point to some concrete evidence to prove what I said before, that it will be easier to win the races than get under 1:35 on the Rilgar race.

20S646ecc.png Winner Winner Sandshark Dinner

Win the hoverboard Bronze Cup on Rilgar.   36.00%

Uncommon

40-bronze.png

29S69a932.png Faster than a Speeding Amoeboid

Complete the hoverboard Gold Cup on Rilgar in under 1:35   8.47%

Very Rare 40-silver.png

Even the trophy for winning both races in the Gold Cup has more earners:

12Sd06e7e.png Go Speed Ratchet, Go!

Win the Gold Cup on both Rilgar and Kalebo.   10.82%

Rare 40-silver.png

I'm sure those percentages will continue growing apart over time as more and more people play the game.

The 1:35 isn't too difficult. It will take you a few attempts to get used to the course, the placement of the boosts and crates etc. There's more than enough room for error, though. 

I crashed into a stack of explosive crates and had half of the final lap with no boost whatsoever, but managed to get a time of 1:32:429. The video stripped out the trophy ping, but this was my run: