God of War IV HUGE Leak, Norse Mythology, Bearded Kratos and more!

MarsipanRumpan

The only thing i don't like about this is the weapon he's using... an axe? I hope this is just a concept art thing or a placeholder, for me Kratos' main weapon are the Blades of Chaos he's always used, similar to Dante which always has that one main sword, i woulnd't mind if he had an axe as a secondary weapon but i really hope his Blades of Chaos were not replaced by an axe.

Other than that, i'm really excited for this! Even the new look doesn't bother me, he looks a bit like Deimos with the beard. I just knew they were working on this after all the posts about hiring people to make "a big project".

I'm thinking that 1st picture is from a part of the game that shows the past, before he got the ashes of his wife & child onto his skin, i don't think they would replace the classic "white skin" look of Kratos. Either that or the model is just a placeholder. :P

Yeah shit dude didn't even think of that, he looks a lot like Deimos!!

Also I agree with the Blades thing a little bit, I think Kratos should get a new weapon instead of them in some sense, as I feel to give Kratos more depth they could he would leave the weapons to forget the past and build a new life or such. I think its a good way for him to lay the weapons down because he doesn't want to use them and remember all the things he's done and seen. However Im not a fan of the Axe being a new main weapon instead of the Blades, I could see them being cool in combat and such. But main weapon? Im not really skeptical though, Im just happy as fuck :P

It will be interesting to see how Kratos made the leap from Greek mythology to Norse.  But other than that it will be nice to see the devs take on other mythologies.  The whole ancient Greece thing was becoming kinda boring.

I don't think we've seen the end of it. I think Kratos might be haunted by Athena in some way or another :)

This makes me really excited. I'm Icelandic, so the Norse theme sounds great to me!

Yeah dude, Im from Sweden so Im excited as fuck. Always wanted Kratos to kill Thor with his own hammer :D

• Like 1

Oh, and can we just call the "PS4.5" or "PS4K" the PS4 slim, since that's all it's going to be?

Probably gonna be with HDMI 2.0 and the PS VR Breakout Box built within it and maybe AMD's new smaller GPU, which could mean the PS4 will become a bit fatter/thinner. But who knows..

On topic, haven't played all the GOW games yet but I'll eventually. This looks pretty cool, hope we get more info at E3.

Probably gonna be with HDMI 2.0 and the PS VR Breakout Box built within it and maybe AMD's new smaller GPU, which could mean the PS4 will become a bit fatter/thinner. But who knows..

On topic, haven't played all the GOW games yet but I'll eventually. This looks pretty cool, hope we get more info at E3.

HDMI 2.0 is highly likely, but will really only affect video/movies. Putting the VR Breakout Box would assume all new customers/upgraders are looking for VR, reduce margins on existing kits since every VR will already include the breakout box and create costly redundancy. It would be like forcing people to pay for the Playstation Camera for Move games when the PS3 slim launched by sticking it inside the PS3. AMD's new GPU/APU will highly likely be included, but the motherboard can be shrunk down and use less power, hence the PS4 slim.

I have no doubt a GoW PS4 slim will be the first bundle available and will pull in a whole new swath of players who have never played a GoW before. Lunching the two together is a smart move.

I'm all for this, and have been pushing for the Norse Mythology since the end of the third game.... but.... I'm also not gonna hop on the hope train just yet. What we're seeing could simply be concept art done for a hypothetical new look for Kratos and a few areas that were cut from other games. So, while I would be ecstatic if the news was 100% legitimate, I'm not gonna put all my faith into this leak. Also those who are saying they couldn't mix Norse and Greek mythology together... depends, since you don't need to represent them 100% like their mythological counterparts.... and the world is a big place....