Borderlands 2 to get 4 DLCs and "Season Pass"

orenjikitty

2K Games would offer all of Borderlands 2's downloadable content extensions in a "season pass" offered at a package discount. Well, that's now confirmed. Rumor went around earlier today that $30 would buy up all four planned releases

Source

--

Getting it as soon as the pass is out. If it's anything like the R* pass for LA Noire, it should be worth it. I just hope I have enough space on my HDD for it.

• Like 1

^ the reason why BF3 premium is genius.....i loved all the original game's DLC....well except you, Mad Moxxi, you horrible sonuvabitch :| ...so ill be picking this up as soon as i get the chance to...less that 20 days to go, cant wait for this

• Like 1

Is it just me or are other people getting rather sick of these "Season passes"? It's like developers are choosing to leave out big chunks of the game in order to sell them to fans for an extra half of the game's original price!

With Assassin's Creed III, Rockstar (pretty much every game they make) and now borderlands jumping on the season pass bandwagon, it makes me wonder when they're gonna sell you the first mission and the rest of the game will be DLC! :angry:

• Like 1

It depends on how you view things...

If a game is blatantly short-changed in terms of content in order to get more money out of you then, in my opinion, that's wrong.

If a developer is only asking for your upfront commitment and by way of saying thanks, giving you future DLC at a discount for a game you love, then great, where's the downside?

One developer that does it wrong can sour the experience for others, Vigil Games with Darksiders II, in my opinion, is doing it right, there's more than enough game for your money in the original box.

If the original Borderlands is anything to go by, I think Gearbox will do it right too.

The more developers that do it right, should hopefully force other developers to do it right too, otherwise the all important sales figures will suffer.

All in all, this is optional, and for those that choose to take a chance and adopt early, get it at a reduced rate.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Will be doing the exact same :P. Besides, I still have Borderlands 1 in my backlog. I'll totally play it soon, I promise :lol:.

When you decide to break it out and want some help with the online, we'll have to organize a get together when I'm home.

the only problem with that is that you have to wait a long time before playing and im not patient enough i will want to play it as soon as it comes out

Yeah but that's the benefit of having a large game library. I've got PLENTY to keep me busy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is it just me or are other people getting rather sick of these "Season passes"? It's like developers are choosing to leave out big chunks of the game in order to sell them to fans for an extra half of the game's original price!

With Assassin's Creed III, Rockstar (pretty much every game they make) and now borderlands jumping on the season pass bandwagon, it makes me wonder when they're gonna sell you the first mission and the rest of the game will be DLC! :angry:

You known I actually never thought about it like that. The way you put it, its as if the developers are actually dividing the game in half and selling them as 2 parts whereas they just might be working to give players more game content to play, even after finishing the game.

• Like 1

It really does seem like the Season Pass is being adopted by every game these days. It makes sense from a business standpoint, but for the consumer it is a pain in the ass even if it does save money in the long run. It just seems easier to swallow to pay 15-10 dollars ever other month or so, rather than 50 dollars all at once. It makes most games 100 dollars and you will never get it back in trade in value. I wish the DLC could be saved to the disk after you bought it. That way you could get more if you tried to sell the game.