New to this genre of game but loving it

The dynasty warriors series has been one of my favorites since PS2.  Dynasty warriors 7 for PS3 is one of the best if you have a PS3.  On PS4, there is Arslan (which I have yet to play) and Dynasty Wrriors 8, which is pretty good.  On Vita, there is once again dynasty warriors 8 and Hyperdimension Neptunia U, which is way more lighthearted, given the source material.  On PS3, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll is the same type of gameplay, but with a strict story mode and only 3 characters to play as.  Not great, but still pretty fun.  I haven't played Gundam Warriors or any of the One piece games that are similar.  On other systems, Hyrule warriors on the wii u or 3DS (only if you have a New 3DS) are pretty solid and on the Xbox 360, Ninety-nine Knights is pretty fun

The dynasty warriors series has been one of my favorites since PS2.  Dynasty warriors 7 for PS3 is one of the best if you have a PS3.  On PS4, there is Arslan (which I have yet to play) and Dynasty Wrriors 8, which is pretty good.  On Vita, there is once again dynasty warriors 8 and Hyperdimension Neptunia U, which is way more lighthearted, given the source material.  On PS3, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll is the same type of gameplay, but with a strict story mode and only 3 characters to play as.  Not great, but still pretty fun.  I haven't played Gundam Warriors or any of the One piece games that are similar.  On other systems, Hyrule warriors on the wii u or 3DS (only if you have a New 3DS) are pretty solid and on the Xbox 360, Ninety-nine Knights is pretty fun

Side note, the new 3DS version is not as good as WiiU and the frame rate can sometimes be slow, according to what some people said.

If Hyrule Warriors or Dynasty Warriors had not been mentionned already, I'd have recommended those to you.

Edited by Crisis001

oh, duh, how could I forget Drakengard 3.  Not for everyone, but I loved it

It's not really the same sort of game. Drakengard 3 is more similar to regular Hack 'n Slash games like God of War or Ninja Gaiden. Which is something the OP might want to check out as well.

Anyway, most games have already been mentioned. If you're an Attack on Titan fan you might want to look out for this upcoming game as it's made by the same developers as DQ: Heroes and supposedly, made in their Musou style.

Edited by Zone Hunter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not really my kind of game (too much button smashing for my taste) but I am enjoying it. It's just that after FF Type 0 (which the OP may try. To me they have many similarities. This one at least have the advantage that I don't have to choose between a gazillion of different abilities) I was looking for something more RPG-esque in the combat. The RPG elements to build characters, gears etc are there, though.