[Update] Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is coming to PS4 and Xbox One on September 20th

Finozzi1696

Now you too can slowly walk in a general direction for 2 hours. Walking controls have been tweaked for an even walkier experience on consoles.

its a story-driven experience, its supposed to be more focused on its story and atmosphere rather than the gameplay, like a Visual Novel.

clearly wasn't created to be enjoyed by everyone, and some people appreciates these slow paced experiences, something different from your usual game.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 4

Now you too can slowly walk in a general direction for 2 hours. Walking controls have been tweaked for an even walkier experience on consoles.

I'm glad this forum has the ability to "Like" posts... love encouraging people to post brief little stupid YouTube comment-esque quips subconsciously (or consciously) hoping for (and usually succeeding in) nabbing a few.  Congrats.

I personally don't care for this style of game, but I know a few people who enjoyed it on Steam.  There's something to it, even if it's a simple experience.

• Like 1

Well, I hope it's way better than the disappointment that was Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

maybe it was a disappointment to you, because i liked it, and its reviews, sales and the many bafta nominations also don't think it was a disappointment.

I'm glad this forum has the ability to "Like" posts... love encouraging people to post brief little stupid YouTube comment-esque quips subconsciously (or consciously) hoping for (and usually succeeding in) nabbing a few.  Congrats.

i don't like those type of comments either (and some users seems to only be able to make comments that way) but oh well comments like this are found on the majority of the internet, sadly.

Now i like walking sims as much as the next guy. But this game was just... boring.

I wish they'd bring games like the Stanley Parable to consoles. 

i heard that frictional games wants to make ps4 ports of amnesia and penumbra, i know that they have a little bit more gameplay than games like this but because of that it like that i has more chances to come out.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Nice, can't wait.

Also the game isn't a spiritual anything to EGTTR. 

i think they said that because of its similar gameplay and way to told a story, but yeah even if i didn't played this one because i was waiting for this console port i'm pretty sure their stories and locations doesn't have anything to do with each other.

I'm glad this forum has the ability to "Like" posts... love encouraging people to post brief little stupid YouTube comment-esque quips subconsciously (or consciously) hoping for (and usually succeeding in) nabbing a few.

The day i stop making fun of Dear Esther is the day i die, i hope you'll find it within yourself to accept that. I was referring to the line in the OP about how controls had been tweaked for the console audience, which i still find absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Happy

• 4 months later...