Project Platinum: Killzone

Gibbo_0113

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This slipped my mind for 2 days after my recent platinum, sadly. I recently "completed" the last Killzone game I needed to have the entire franchise "completed": I qualify for Commander in Chief: Killzone HD, Killzone 2+dlc, Killzone 3+dlc, Killzone Mercenary, Killzone (4) Shadow Fall+dlc. (I even have the officially liscensed Helghast Hoody, and will be getting the officially liscensed Visual Design Killzone Book this month.)

Now a few other things:

- I think the War Hero avatar/title should be the red hoody, half-breed chick from SF (forgot name). Itd be a cool related nod/reference to. And I think Radec or Visari should easily have an avatar to. Killzone is a series with respected and iconic characters so they should be used imo.

- Your "completed" theme in this thread, this means 100%, not just platinums, right? If not, you'd want to change the wording. If so, I highly respect the demanded challenge here.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 3:53 PM, Mar said:

This slipped my mind for 2 days after my recent platinum, sadly. I recently "completed" the last Killzone game I needed to have the entire franchise "completed": I qualify for Commander in Chief: Killzone HD, Killzone 2+dlc, Killzone 3+dlc, Killzone Mercenary, Killzone (4) Shadow Fall+dlc. (I even have the officially liscensed Helghast Hoody, and will be getting the officially liscensed Visual Design Killzone Book this month.)

Now a few other things:

- I think the War Hero avatar/title should be the red hoody, half-breed chick from SF (forgot name). Itd be a cool related nod/reference to. And I think Radec or Visari should easily have an avatar to. Killzone is a series with respected and iconic characters so they should be used imo.

- Your "completed" theme in this thread, this means 100%, not just platinums, right? If not, you'd want to change the wording. If so, I highly respect the demanded challenge here.

Congratulations commander :). Yeah it was a bit confusing so i changed the wording. Also removed the need for Killzone 3 Mutiplayer list and just kept it at the 5 main games.

I did make some extra icons that you can find towards the bottom of the OP. I made a Radec one for a possible platinum rank, problem was i couldn't find a better image. If you wanted to take the thread off my hands you can have it. We could just ask sly to do a switcheroo with the OP. It has been done before apparently.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Congratulations commander :). Yeah it was a bit confusing so i changed the wording. Also removed the need for Killzone 3 Mutiplayer list and just kept it at the 5 main games.

I did make some extra icons that you can find towards the bottom of the OP. I made a Radec one for a possible platinum rank, problem was i couldn't find a better image. If you wanted to take the thread off my hands you can have it. We could just ask sly to do a switcheroo with the OP. It has been done before apparently.

Thanks yo, it was a long journey.

That's a very great unexpected offer, but I wouldnt do this thread justice in the picture field since I cant design or edit any pictures.

Generally though, I would innovate and try to match iconic, memorable, and strong characters to the titles that match their roles in the games/franchise: Templar for ISA Savior, a specific generic faction Helghast for Helghast Champion (like the Black Hand, Capture Troopers, Heavy Soliders, etc), Radec for Elite, Maya aka Echo for War Hero, and Id think of something for Commander in Chief (Visari, Stahl, Sinclair, etc).

Next, Id add an additional task section for completionist. Not to be rude to anyone, but I find it lacking and insufficient for PPs not to have task for platinum hunters.. and completionist simultaneously, despite Platinums being the focus of these PPs though (thus why it should be considered a "Bonus" section). Like our PSNPs, completion is a relevant factor, and completing games are what boost are profiles up the most, and games here are mechanically considered incomplete until 100% is gotten. I think Ive seen some threads do both things, but I'd definitely do it, especially since merely obtaining platinums is more universally doable, common, and easier than actually completing the games, which is where the true skill (and dedication... like this would really show who are true fans without needing to ask or think :)) shows.

But really, theres a lot of unique combinations I can make with the ranks (im a creativity design freak). 

BTW, can you change my name to Mar instead? I use that name to represent myself here.

I however do really wish I had rights to the Sonic PP :\.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mar said:

*Snip*

No worries I changed it to Mar. You have a lot of great ideas, certainly a better fan than me :). Since i started work i dont have as much free time to edit threads. The reason i offered the PP up. I will try to get around to it however i dont like the odds.  I didnt know how to do the emblems either, i just watched a you tube tutorial. Anyway let me know if you change your mind.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

No worries I changed it to Mar. You have a lot of great ideas, certainly a better fan than me :). Since i started work i dont have as much free time to edit threads. The reason i offered the PP up. I will try to get around to it however i dont like the odds.  I didnt know how to do the emblems either, i just watched a you tube tutorial. Anyway let me know if you change your mind.  

I do.. but i'm scared lmao. I at least feel confident since im technically a Killzone Master (platinum/completion wise), so I think Id at least be minimally good. I'll take it? (How do I go about editing it though, if passed over? New thread?)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:11 PM, damage_6-9 said:

Sign me up for War Hero, have the other 2, just need to get around to playing them

Killzone

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Killzone 3 MP

Time to start on Shadowfall, have Mercenary primed and ready to pop the :platinum: for trophy # 8,000

• Like 1

• 1 month later...