Okami trophy list

Lady Lilith

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/30/okami-hd-trophy-list-unveiled/

7404411472_aaf88f2458_n.jpg

It’s time to start making room on your Trophy shelf for Okami HD trophies! I’m glad to be able to give you a glimpse of the challenges you will have to complete in order to collect your Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Trophies. We’ve kept some of them hidden, as they are directly linked to the story and we don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t played the game yet. Check them out below!

Bronze
Yomigami Learn how to use Rejuvenation.
Bronze
Tachigami Learn how to use Power Slash.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Sakigami Learn how to use Bloom.
Bronze
Enemy in the Gates Defeat enemies inside of a Devil Gate.
Bronze
Bakugami Learn how to use Cherry Bomb.
Bronze
Hasugami Learn how to use Water Lily.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Tsutagami Learn how to use Vine.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Nuregami Learn how to use Watersprout.
Bronze
Yumigami Learn how to use Crescent.
Bronze
Kazegami Learn how to use Galestorm.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Moegami Learn how to use Inferno.
Bronze
To the Moon, Ammy! Enter the Moon Cave.
Silver
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
No Furball on the Menu Make your way to shore without being swallowed by the Water Dragon.
Bronze
Kasugami Learn how to use Veil of Mist.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Kabegami Learn how to use Catwalk.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Gekigami Learn how to use Thunderstorm.
Silver
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Itegami Learn how to use Blizzard.
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Hidden Hidden
Silver
Hidden Hidden
Bronze
Grab Life by the Leash Increase your Solar Energy, Ink Pot, and Astral Pouch levels to maximum capacity.
Bronze
No More Fish in the Sea Complete your Fish Tome.
Bronze
Have Guides Will Travel Complete your Travel Guide.
Bronze
Give a Dog All the Bones Complete your Treasure Tome.
Silver
Sniff ‘Em Out Defeat all monsters on the Wanted List.
Gold
Leave No Chest Unopened Collect all Stray Beads.
Bronze
All Creatures Great and Small Complete your Animal Tome.
Bronze
Teach an Old Dog New Tricks Learn all god techniques to fill up your Technique Scroll.
Bronze
From Imps to Demons Complete your Bestiary.
Gold
Barking Up the Cherry Tree Earn a Cherry Tree rank for each item in the Total Results screen.
Bronze
Lupine and Divine Earn a Cherry Tree rank for each item in the Results screen.
Silver
Out of the Gate Swinging Defeat all enemies at all three Devil Gate trial caves.
Gold
Who Let the Dogs Out? Defeat the Kusa 5.
Bronze
Dog Eat Dog Beat Hayabusa’s turnip-digging record.
Bronze
Diggin’ It Complete five digging mini games.
Bronze
Eat My Flower Trail Win the race against Ida and Hayate.
Bronze
Dog Gone Fast Win the race against Kai.
Platinum
Top Dog Acquire all trophies.

Okami HD will be available this October as a digital download on PSN for $19.99. The game is upgraded to gorgeous HD and features full PlayStation Move support; a perfect fit for the famous Celestial Brush! Initially released to critical acclaim on the PS2, Okami HD has the player take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a wolf. After a tyrannical monster, Orochi, turns the world into a ruined, colorless wasteland, Amaterasu must use her magical abilities to restore the land to its previous glory and defeat the demon in charge of the destruction.

WHY DIGITAL!??!?! WHY!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?????????

I'm not a big fan of digital myself. That being said, if my choices are "digital" or "nothing at all", I'll take "digital" every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Very, Very Unforgivably Awful And I Hate You Capcom, Stop Doing This Shit You Greedy Fucks: $20 price tag.

Would you prefer a disc-based release with the price tag double or triple that? Would you prefer to find a PS2 copy out there somewhere and pay a pretty penny for that as well?

Yes, $20 is on the higher end of the scale for PSN downloadable games.... but it's a title you'll get a fair amount of time with just playing through the main story and that should make it a reasonable value.

I'm not a big fan of digital myself. That being said, if my choices are "digital" or "nothing at all", I'll take "digital" every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Would you prefer a disc-based release with the price tag double or triple that? Would you prefer to find a PS2 copy out there somewhere and pay a pretty penny for that as well?

Yes, $20 is on the higher end of the scale for PSN downloadable games.... but it's a title you'll get a fair amount of time with just playing through the main story and that should make it a reasonable value.

I can get an original copy for just about $14, and that's in the first place I looked, so the original is significantly cheaper. (Oh, and I already own the original.) Capcom should be aiming to undercut this market, because they aren't making any money from the used game sales market. Charging $20 for it is ridiculous. $10 would mean that they're not competing with used and would sell much more copies without pissing consumers off. $20 is far, far too much to charge.

I can get an original copy for just about $14, and that's in the first place I looked, so the original is significantly cheaper. (Oh, and I already own the original.) Capcom should be aiming to undercut this market, because they aren't making any money from the used game sales market. Charging $20 for it is ridiculous. $10 would mean that they're not competing with used and would sell much more copies without pissing consumers off. $20 is far, far too much to charge.

I hadn't explored the secondary market for Okami for the PS2. I stand corrected on the price point -- I recall paying significantly more for a copy of Okami when I got it for my PS2, but that was also many, many moons ago.

That being said, the overwhelming majority of us don't have a PS3 that can run PS2 games. That's the market Capcom is aiming for.... that, and those of us who have fond memories of playing it and want to experience that again with HD graphics and on the snazzier console. I'm sure the financial "wizards" at Capcom crunched the numbers and came up with $20 for a reason. Perhaps they don't think they'll sell enough units at $10 to cover the costs of whatever they've done to the game to update it for the PS3 and "improve" the graphics (which I thought were very good to begin with)?

I also don't particularly see the relevance of the "used game market" argument. Maybe it's just my point of view, but I don't see how the downloadable version via PSN has a very large crossover with the PS2 used game market. How many people who have a PS3 still also have their PS2, have it hooked up, and use it on a regular basis? I'm sure there's a number there, and I'm sure that this situation will cut Capcom's projected sales by some amount.... but I don't think it's nearly so large a number as you let on.

Finally, I think many people will look at Okami-HD at $20 and compare it to other new games coming out with higher price points. On the other hand, I don't know how many of them would look at the $20 price tag and compare it to whatever they might spend on a used PS2 copy.

I hadn't explored the secondary market for Okami for the PS2. I stand corrected on the price point -- I recall paying significantly more for a copy of Okami when I got it for my PS2, but that was also many, many moons ago.

That being said, the overwhelming majority of us don't have a PS3 that can run PS2 games. That's the market Capcom is aiming for.... that, and those of us who have fond memories of playing it and want to experience that again with HD graphics and on the snazzier console. I'm sure the financial "wizards" at Capcom crunched the numbers and came up with $20 for a reason. Perhaps they don't think they'll sell enough units at $10 to cover the costs of whatever they've done to the game to update it for the PS3 and "improve" the graphics (which I thought were very good to begin with)?

I also don't particularly see the relevance of the "used game market" argument. Maybe it's just my point of view, but I don't see how the downloadable version via PSN has a very large crossover with the PS2 used game market. How many people who have a PS3 still also have their PS2, have it hooked up, and use it on a regular basis? I'm sure there's a number there, and I'm sure that this situation will cut Capcom's projected sales by some amount.... but I don't think it's nearly so large a number as you let on.

Finally, I think many people will look at Okami-HD at $20 and compare it to other new games coming out with higher price points. On the other hand, I don't know how many of them would look at the $20 price tag and compare it to whatever they might spend on a used PS2 copy.

Not me...on all....except on having a ps3 that plays ps2 games.

Never heard of Okami. Just hearing that it's from Crapcom and that it's a ps2 game @ $20 will get me to not even look at it. I already have a problem with Crapcom and their business practices. JoJo's coming out halfed-assed for $20 pisses me off. SSF4's DLC/AE was such garbage that it pissed me off...I mean, come on...that crap should have been a free update...not freaking $15. That was a load of BS. Also, hearing of their DLC on disk pissed me the hell off. They need a few redeeming acts to gain me back as one of their consumers.

Not me...on all....except on having a ps3 that plays ps2 games.

Never heard of Okami. Just hearing that it's from Crapcom and that it's a ps2 game @ $20 will get me to not even look at it. I already have a problem with Crapcom and their business practices. JoJo's coming out halfed-assed for $20 pisses me off. SSF4's DLC/AE was such garbage that it pissed me off...I mean, come on...that crap should have been a free update...not freaking $15. That was a load of BS. Also, hearing of their DLC on disk pissed me the hell off. They need a few redeeming acts to gain me back as one of their consumers.

Even as a $20 PS2 game you're getting quite a bit more than a lot of games companies are charging $60 for... especially if it's gonna be a new experience for you. It's easily a 30+ hour game (without any side content) and it will be GORGEOUS in HD. You hate Capcom, that's cool, I'd still recommend looking into Okami though. It's a great game that could easily be one of the -if not the- best HD releases to date.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I think you misunderstand the market for titles like this. HD ports and remakes are not really aimed at new customers for the most part, they're aimed at people who remember the title from yore and want to revisit it, at least from the (lack of) real marketing targeted towards customers who haven't played the games before. Plus, Okami was a niche title back then, so this effect is just going to be exacerbated for this title. Capcom are just trying to lazily cash in on an old game, like they did with Resident Evil 4, which was a horrible port that was massively overpriced, like they did with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which was a horrible port that was massively overpriced...

If you seriously don't understand what Capcom are doing is solely motivated by greed then perhaps you need to spend a little more time looking back at some of the appaling anti-customer things they've done in recent years. This just fits the trend perfectly. Consumers need to stand up to this crap and show that they won't tolerate being mis-treated, otherwise it's just going to keep happening and most likely get worse.