Kingdom Hearts Unchained X Thread

KiraxKira

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X (KHUx) was released April 7, 2016 for both iOS and Android. Is it everything we anticipated? Will it be enough to tide us over until 2.8 or 3? Probably not, but it's pretty cute. Let's talk about it here.

A Quick About

xchi-thumbnail.jpg

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X (KHUx) was originally released in Japan September 2015 and now finally has hit NA. KHUx, a mobile RPG, takes place chronologically before the Keyblade War, with the title referring to the legendary χ-blade. Its story is to be continued in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue as a movieKINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] Back Cover.

Combat is based through medals which the player collects via quests (chests and completed objectives), as well as by using the game's currency, Jewels. These medals come in three types: magic, speed, and strength. They each have a strength as well as weakness, much akin to rock-paper-scissors. They have 6 star levels and can be leveled up with other medals and munny. Medals are equipped to keyblades that are obtained as worlds are cleared. These can also be upgraded by items found within quests and by clearing challenges. The player creates their own avatar and may join parties with other users to team up for Boss Raids. 

Play Together

If you want to list your ID to play with other users, post and I'll add you to the list. It'd be fun to get a party of PSNProfiles users.

Username - ID - Party

Kira - 27758 - Moogle Squad

Ryota - 49255 - Sora's Domain

Edited by KiraxKira
  • Like 1

Wish they let us play it on FB too. But like stated above, I only care about the lore and it's ties to KH 3

I wish they'd do like they did with Frozen Freefall and port it to PS4 honestly. So far, I haven't found anything new with the story. I was hoping for more backstory, but the levels themselves remind me of CoM where the Disney characters don't have anything new to add. Hopefully it'll get deeper with the later levels.

Also, if anyone wants to add me (or join my party of dank memes), my ID is 27758.  :lol:

Yeah is it free?

Yes, it's free to play. It just takes about 1G of phone/tablet space, so brace yourself for that.

is it Free to play? does it require you to be online to play?

I believe you do have to be online for it. I've had it tell me lost connection, then it restarts to the main screen. I haven't played it off of wi-fi though, so I couldn't tell you much more.

• Like 2

Make sure y'all join Unicornius for the Weekly Bonuses

They implemented a system that gives bonuses for the best ranking faction in a week, but the system is kinda broken, so the majority of the players just joined one to get it for themselves

Not out in Europe yet, annoyingly, so I downloaded the American version. Enjoying it so far.

Isn't this one of the games coming with Fragmentary passage and Dream Drop Distance on a third compilation?

If so - at first blush this seems very geared for mobile play, how will it translate to a singleplayer environment?

Kind of; χ Back Cover is detailing the story of the Foretellers, whereas in the actual game it's the players' story.

Isn't this one of the games coming with Fragmentary passage and Dream Drop Distance on a third compilation?

If so - at first blush this seems very geared for mobile play, how will it translate to a singleplayer environment?

From Square Enix's description of 2.8:

A new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers, connecting the earliest parts of the series’ history, showcased in the upcoming mobile title KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ[chi].

So it's only going to be a movie, similar to 358/2 Days and Re:Coded.

Edited by KiraxKira

Not out in Europe yet, annoyingly, so I downloaded the American version. Enjoying it so far.

Kind of; χ Back Cover is detailing the story of the Foretellers, whereas in the actual game it's the players' story.

Understood, thank you.

I just searched Android and it isn't there - and I don't think I should start getting into the habit of downloading games on my work phone.  Hopefully it comes over shortly, it seems like an interesting concept.

From Square Enix's description of 2.8:

So it's only going to be a movie, similar to 358/2 Days and Re:Coded.

Even clearer - makes sense seeing as that's what they've done with a couple of other games so far.  Thank you.

Id been playing this for a week and I got to say it aint bad for a moble game. I spent like 2-3 hours and i like the simple battle mechanics but its way to easy. Also the medals are another thing I like. I just wanna upgrade them to a 6 stars but you gotta need to be a higher lvl and alot of ap but theres alot of upgrades you gonna need to spend on time with. Good thing they doing the half ap thing..