Suggestions for 1.08 patch

Nutrageous69

Any suggestions those who have completed the trophies for the 1.08 patch have for the rest of us. 2 of the three seem a bit daunting without spending cold hard cash... I'm not sure how to get the treasure hunt trophy as I've done dozens and never even combine three red chests for the next level, but I've read some tips that help like focusing on the top down so I'm sure i'll get eventually but the other two seem quite the grind.

I just got the 3 trophies, the Mythical Creature is by far the worst..

As for tips:

Treasure Hunter

Avoid cascade drops, always go for 4+ gem matches (and try to not destroy other 4+ opportunities when doing this), if none is available, go for a 3 match at the bottom.

Tyri skill have a 20% chance to generate a Treasure Map, take advantage of this, along with Guild Tasks that give Treasure Maps.

Good luck

Power Up 

For this trophy you need 1200 points for a kingdom (check on the 3rd tab of each kingdom to know how far you are).

You get:

50 points for each unique unit of that kingdom

25 points for each Trait

10 points for each level a unit of the kingdom have

Use that to see what kingdom you are closer to get the gold star, and plan the best way to go from there.. leveling all the units of a specific kingdom is somewhat an easier way to get this, since Traits are a pain to get..

Mythical Creature

This is the real pain.. the best way I found to do this was to grind Glory and buy the unique card from the store (the pack also gives 2 Event keys that can be used for a chance to get more copies of the same card, lowering the Glory needed).

To grind Glory you can:

Invasion/Revenge - 3 glory on win, random on defending

Single player Tasks - There are 3 tasks that give Glory, one for investing 5000 Gold on Guild Tasks (give 25 Glory), one for using 4 Treasure Maps (100 Glory), and one other that I forgot what it was that gives 50 Glory

Buy/Open Gold chests - can give 20 Glory

Open Glory chests - can give 40 glory (don't buy them)

Rank 1 of the invasion thing - Rank 1 gives 16 Glory daily

Kingdom bonus - sometimes along the Kingdom Gold, you can get some bonus depending on the kingdom you can get 0-12 Glory

For this you will be aiming at rotating as much as possible the single player tasks, so you will be playing invasions for Glory + Gold (for Kingdom lvl up and Guild Task completion), stockpile or use Gold/Glory/Gem keys and so on..

A lot of Tasks give Glory Keys, so usually it's not a problem, as for gold keys, I used to actually have so much gold now and then that I would buy packs of 50 (there's always a chance for Glory on those and Gold is kind of irrelevant when we play so much Invasion or Arena)..

Also for Gems keys, you can use them right away, just keep 10 gems around, since if a quest asks you to use a Gem key, you can buy one for 10 Gems and get the 10 Gems back from the quest reward! If a quest requests you to buy something from the store with Gems, buy the 1000 Gold pack (it's 10 Gems, and you get 5 Gems back from the reward, not ideal, but the key thing here is to rotate quests as fast as possible while spending as little Gems as possible), if it asks you to spend Glory on the store, go for the cheapest one or buy a treasure map (price difference is little, so if you need Treasure Maps just buy it).

Keep Treasure Maps around for that task if possible.

With that I was able to get 500+ Glory per day (playing about 6-10 hours probably..)

I suggest keeping the Glory until you have almost the Glory needed, or are confident that you can get enough before the card on the store changes.

You need 6 cards if the one on the store is Legendary, or 16 if it's Epic.

And seeing at last event and the current event, the price of the card bundle on the store can be different even if it's the same rarity, since last one was 400 Glory each and current one is 300 Glory, but both are Epic cards (in both cases the other stuff in the bundle was the same).

Since I had 3000 Glory and I would need 4800 Glory to get the trophy I took my chance, and bought it, I then used the event keys and kept on getting Glory and each time I got 300 Glory I bought a new card and used the event keys, all in all I needed 3900 Glory, and got 3 extra copies from the 26 Event keys that I got.

It sure will be a big grind, but this is the only way to avoid the RNG factor for the cards we get while not spending real money on the game (supposedly there's a 16 card bundle that can be bought with real money that gives enough cards to get a Mythical card right way, but I'm not sure, since the bundle section of the store always shows up as empty for me..).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 3

This is probably the best/elaborate answer post I've seen on this forum! Thanks for the effort, I really needed some help with this trophies!

Thanks.

I sometimes do this kind of stuff if I think that's needed, but don't expect me to write a guide for this (or any other game), since that's not my thing.. to much work.

Good luck getting those trophies!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. I lucked out and managed to get the two vaults on a treasure map, but the mythic card is quite the grind. I was waiting until this today for the next reset hoping for a legendary card from the glory chest, but nope instead it is an ultra rare. WTF? Guess I'll have to wait until next week to try my luck. Not going to blow my 3500 glory hoping to get enough. Not even sure that's enough though. 1 for the chest + 2 chances for 300 glory. If I remember correctly I would need 1 card + 5 to upgrade to Purple then +10 for Legendary then +25 for Mythic for 41 total cards. That's at least 13 chest for 3900 glory..... Oh well another week maybe I'll get lucky just playing :).

Thanks again

Thanks for the advice. I lucked out and managed to get the two vaults on a treasure map, but the mythic card is quite the grind. I was waiting until this today for the next reset hoping for a legendary card from the glory chest, but nope instead it is an ultra rare. WTF? Guess I'll have to wait until next week to try my luck. Not going to blow my 3500 glory hoping to get enough. Not even sure that's enough though. 1 for the chest + 2 chances for 300 glory. If I remember correctly I would need 1 card + 5 to upgrade to Purple then +10 for Legendary then +25 for Mythic for 41 total cards. That's at least 13 chest for 3900 glory..... Oh well another week maybe I'll get lucky just playing :).

Thanks again

Ya, don't spend glory on those, if you aren't sure you can get enough glory to buy the number of copies needed or close to it during the event time. Also don't count to get extra copies of the card from the event keys, I only got 3 copies of it from 26 event keys, so the chance is really low..

I think your best bet is to farm Glory until you have 6000-6400 Glory (so that you can buy 16 cards at 400 Glory each, since sometimes the Epic cards are 400 Glory and sometimes are 300 Glory each), then just wait for an event that have Epic/Legendary cards to get the trophy.

As I somewhat mentioned on the other post:

Legendary card on Glory sale at 500 Glory each = need 6 copies, 3000 Glory total

Epic card on Glory sale at 400 Glory each = need 16 cards, 6400 Glory total

Epic card on Glory sale at 300 Glory each = need 16 cards, 4800 Glory total

From that info, a Ultra Rare card at 300 Glory each would need 41 cards for a total of 12300 Glory total, that's kind of absurd to try to get the trophy this way.. and yes, those numbers are assuming 0 copies of the card from the event keys, since the probability of getting extra cards from the event keys is really low (about 10% on my experience) and we get really few of those keys.. It's really better to not count in getting more then 2-3 copies of the card from those..

Yeah, it looks like this week will be the week. I'm at around 4100 glory and have one of the new cards this morning, so only need to grind out another 400 or so glory, which shouldn't be too hard if I get lucky with tasks. Thanks again for the great guide, I'm sure it will help others later on if they do the searching....

Welp, time to start grinding glory then... 

I'm still relatively new to this game, so I was wondering... do the for-glory prize cards work on rotation? I managed to get 6 Hobglobins from a mix of actually shoveling up 300 glory each time as well as opening them from key chests, and I need plenty more to ascend it again. Should I save up glory in hopes it'll come back up on rotation again, or should I just get the card of the week and go for the chests that comes with it?

Welp, time to start grinding glory then... 

I'm still relatively new to this game, so I was wondering... do the for-glory prize cards work on rotation? I managed to get 6 Hobglobins from a mix of actually shoveling up 300 glory each time as well as opening them from key chests, and I need plenty more to ascend it again. Should I save up glory in hopes it'll come back up on rotation again, or should I just get the card of the week and go for the chests that comes with it?

Not sure, but I don't think that the card offered for Glory rotate, or if they rotate, it may take months until a specific card show up again..

This is why I adviced before to grind and stock pile Glory until you have 3000+ (or any amount of Glory that you are confident that will give you the cards needed to get a card to Mythic rarity), otherwise it's a big gamble and a waste, unless you spend real money on it too.. This is also why I listed the amount of Glory along with the amount of cards needed to get a card to Mythic..

Since the Hobgoblin is a Ultra Rare card and you say that you have 6 copies of it, I would vividly advice you to forget about that card (you would need more 35 copies of it to get it to Mythic... that's an absurd amount of money or Glory needed..). Keep gathering Glory until you get 3000-6000 and wait until a Epic or Legendary card shows up and then get the trophy (with a Ultra Rare card, I would suggest to only try to get it to Mythic if you have 10.000+ Glory..).

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for anybody who hasn't gotten the Treasure Hunter trophy yet (like me), the patch that came out this morning (listed as Version 1.06 in the download queue and update history for some reason even though the Crafting Update was 1.08) reduced the number of starting turns per treasure hunt from 15 to 8, which, according to the patch notes, has reduced the number of turns per game by 20%. 

Yay......... :'(

• 2 months later...

Treasure Hunt had 15 initial turns? It may possibly explain why so many got this trophy just after this patch was released, and I didn't get it even after playing it many hundreds of times. :)

This Treasure Hunter trophy is really difficult. Got to 125 or 136 turns from the initial 8; got one vault plus 4 red chests and many green chests, but still not enough... Finally I did it yesterday after 106 turns... You need extreme luck to get all red chests in the same area. Basically your controller should tremble most of the time (means lucky combos).

A good plan is to work on both trophies like this: Fight quests/challenges with Tyri acting most of the time, to get maps, then finish about 30 treasure hunts per day. This gives glory and gems if you are good; then buy packs using glory, and event keys using gems.

This is like Han_the_Dragon wrote, but he didn't mention that Treasure Hunt is possibly the best way to get glory. And I invest gold into kingdoms rather than into golden chests. Seems good for the random hourly reward in the long run. Also, I do recommend to make 3-matches that lead to 4+ match combos. Learn how the combos work in Treasure Hunt. :)

This week the shop offers special legendary card in 500-glory pack, so I'm going to get the last Mythical trophy too (have 4 cards of 6 so far). Didn't have glory saved, just the weekly reward. Then started this great grind... It helps to go for Champion (place 1) on the first day.

So far in the last several days, the event keys (or 10 event chests using 143 gems) didn't work for me. I.e. no special legendary card in 28 event chests! Seems totally broken and unfair. So I don't recommend to pay real money. Also, don't buy chests using glory, there are too many heroes, this path would take many months.

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2016 at 4:14 PM, Holonboy said:

Just a heads up for anybody who hasn't gotten the Treasure Hunter trophy yet (like me), the patch that came out this morning (listed as Version 1.06 in the download queue and update history for some reason even though the Crafting Update was 1.08) reduced the number of starting turns per treasure hunt from 15 to 8, which, according to the patch notes, has reduced the number of turns per game by 20%. 

Yay......... :'(

If you are in a good guild, you'll get bonus turns for maps, as of the new update this week. Making this trophy significantly easier than it was.