Edge of Tomorrow sequel confirmed!

katniss1444

edge-tomorrow.0.0.jpg

Deadline reports that Edge of Tomorrow, the 2014 action movie starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, has just acquired two screenwriters to pen the sequel's script. No official word on whether or not Cruise and Blunt will be reprising their roles. 

http://deadline.com/2016/04/tom-cruise-the-edge-of-tomorrow-sequel-joe-shrapnel-anna-w-1201733530/

I am so excited by this news, Edge of Tomorrow is one of my favorite movies and I'm pretty surprised to see it's getting a sequel. 

• Like 4

Not sure if this is good news.The movie is freakin amazing,ha I was watching it again last week but it had an end so a sequel definitely is outta place here and if Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt aren't in the movie then they better don't even start it.

The only way I can see a new one being made is as a prequel like MattyH16 said.

• Like 1

I didn't even think about spoilers until I saw davi's post. 

I freaking loved this movie. Fuck critics. I know this movie has been gaining steam lately. It's probably due to its cult following that they are funding a sequel.

I actually thought of a different way a sequel could go. Didn't even think of a prequel. I would guess that humans would advance greatly in the tech the aliens left behind. They could go to the source of the invasion using said tech. Or, they could find another race that's under attack and help them. If the movie went intergalactic, anything is possible.

If you liked this underrated gem, another underrated Tom Cruise syfy gem is Oblivion. I enjoyed the shit out of that too. Definitely didn't see the twist that came in the story line.

Edited by P-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

Oh, I didn't realize that was the rule for when people no longer have to worry about spoilers.

Says the guy who click on a thread about a movie's sequel to which he hasn't seen. Really? no expectation? I guess if you go to the cinema, you shut your eyes and block your ears when all the movie trailers are shown before your feature film.

Edited by minh2t
  • Like 1

Says the guy who click on a thread about a movie's sequel to which he hasn't seen. Really? no expectation? I guess if you go to the cinema, you shut your eyes and block your ears when all the movie trailers are shown before your feature film.

Just because sequel was in the title of the thread doesn't mean that the OP had to point out about the actors returning for the next movie. Also, I avoid trailers like the plague. I go to a theater that lets me reserve seats and I usually go in about 10-15 minutes after the movie starts for the 1-2 movies I see a year in the theater. I'd rather miss the first 5 minutes of a movie than watch the trailers. Since you asked.

Just because sequel was in the title of the thread doesn't mean that the OP had to point out about the actors returning for the next movie. Also, I avoid trailers like the plague. I go to a theater that lets me reserve seats and I usually go in about 10-15 minutes after the movie starts for the 1-2 movies I see a year in the theater. I'd rather miss the first 5 minutes of a movie than watch the trailers. Since you asked.

If you haven't seen the film and you come into a thread about its sequel, you're asking for it.

I haven't seen it either - but I'm more of a "the journey is more important than the destination" type of person, so anything in here means nothing to me.

Plus if you haven't seen a film, you have no idea whether the actors returning means they're dead, alive or caterpillar at all.  There are innumerable ways in which actors can return; prequels, flashbacks, visions, premonitions, alternate realities, different characters.

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 2

Someone who's actually worried about spoilers would filter out which thread to read and which to avoid. Seems to me like you're just letting your curiosity getting the best of you. Don't blame others for your own curiosity. You actually clicked my SPOILER TAG in a thread about a movie of which you want to avoid further spoilers. Get out of here haha.

• Like 1

For some reason I read this as "Edge of Darkness", one of my many Mel Gibson favourites. Although I did like Edge of Tomorrow, I can't help but feel a bit sad (of course I should mention that a sequel to Edge of Darkness would be rather... odd.)

Hopefully Blunt will return. :jaymon::spank: 

• Like 1