Story Progression Crossroads (Spoilers)

After 31 hours of playing, I have reached the end of Episode IV (collecting the Graviton cores). My question is this: Should I go ahead and enter the gate to The Void Beyond and fight Caius now, or should I spend some time grinding and doing side quests? For reference, here are my stats:

Serah: LV. 84

HP: 2449

Noel: LV. 76

HP: 2982

Aqua (Cait Sith): LV. 26

HP: 643

Zeus (Chocobo): LV. 26

HP: 1648

Armando (Gremlin): LV. 23

HP: 1266

At this point, would I be able to feasibly stand a chance against Caius? 

• Like 1

Caius is doable with that party, if you struggle, just grind. You'll have to grind to lvl, and breed monsters to have a proper party JUST to defeat a hidden boss monster so you obtain the plat anyways. So either way, youll have to grind for 99 if you want the plat.

Short Answer: He's tough, but with the right monsters and paradigms, doable at that lvl. And equips.

Edited by TigressLion

Well as for how the leveling up system of 13-2 works without knowing how far you are in each respective role can be a bit difficult in determining if you can beat him. however, speaking for any Caius battle you need to debuff, chain & stagger quickly. 

Because I dont want to spoil it ill just place it in white text color so you can highlight to see.

Spoilers Start

In this battle:

You fight as Serah and the monster. Debuff Caius, as well as block high damage attacks you will be fine.

I'd recommend a paradigm set similar to this:

RAV/COM

RAV/ RAV

MED/ MED

SEN/ MED

SAB/ SYN

COM/ COM 

Its been a long time since I played the game, however, if i remember correctly these are just a generic paradigm sets ideas that can go a long ways. If you cant get some of these roles like SYN/ SAB/ SEN/ then you may want to find some other monsters I know Sentinel is in the place you fought Atlas, in the mines specifically. and SYN isn't necessary it just helps/ but SEN what i find is a must when fighting Caius at all times.  

Spoilers Stop

I hope I was at least some help.

• Like 2

Well as for how the leveling up system of 13-2 works without knowing how far you are in each respective role can be a bit difficult in determining if you can beat him. however, speaking for any Caius battle you need to debuff, chain & stagger quickly. 

Because I dont want to spoil it ill just place it in white text color so you can highlight to see.

Spoilers Start

In this battle:

You fight as Serah and the monster. Debuff Caius, as well as block high damage attacks you will be fine.

I'd recommend a paradigm set similar to this:

RAV/COM

RAV/ RAV

MED/ MED

SEN/ MED

SAB/ SYN

COM/ COM 

Its been a long time since I played the game, however, if i remember correctly these are just a generic paradigm sets ideas that can go a long ways. If you cant get some of these roles like SYN/ SAB/ SEN/ then you may want to find some other monsters I know Sentinel is in the place you fought Atlas, in the mines specifically. and SYN isn't necessary it just helps/ but SEN what i find is a must when fighting Caius at all times.  

Spoilers Stop

I hope I was at least some help.

Thanks a lot! I'll set my paradigms to what you suggested. I haven't had a whole lot of trouble fighting bosses so far, but

Proto fal'Cie Adam

certainly gave me a run for my money xD

No problem, I know when the game takes out a player which is a main character you use constantly It can be rough. Especially how 13 in general it seems that you can be low levels but if your paradigm set is messed up you die fast. Plus how the roles work in the game things can get vague since levels are associated with the role itself not the character specifically if I remember correctly.