Trophy List Discussion

Fastandslow

The trophies look really straight forward and not that difficult. Then again, this is a pixeled roguelike indiegame, and those are usually tough as nails, so what do I know? Still picking this up, as I've always wanted to play it. I'm guessing it releases this Tuesday (i.e. Dark Souls 3 Day)?

Talking to my friend this is just a copy paste of the Steam achievement list, and is something you can knock out in an hour. Probably wait for this to go on sale, chose a poor week to release in.

I see that it is a copy of the Steam achievement list, but I'm not sure about being able to knock it out in an hour or so, as there is one achievement that only 3.6% of players have on Steam (granted, it might be a grinding one). Considering the nature of the game, a few trophies appear to rely on RNG a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

its £3.99 on digital discounts on PSN store this week - think for that price ill pick this up

If anyone wonders, it's a pretty fun little game, at least for a while. It gets repetitive eventually. The game has some small exploits, and some glitches that can happen because of it, but never had any real issues with the game. Trophy list is rather easy. Die 50 times was boring, was nowhere near even halfway when I had all the other trophies. If anyone wonders, the 20 drowns can accumulate over multiple playthroughs if you want, and is easiest done with the character with a shield, but that was probably the most annoying one. Beat the game several times, once even without any exploits.

Anyway, the game is just that you get into somewhat randomly generated areas and gotta look for a special place you gotta activate. When activated, you wait 90 seconds before you can go to the next zone. Everywhere around you enemies spawn, but especially when you've activated the location, and then a boss usually spawn too. Gotta kill it all before you can move on to next area. You level up as you kill enemies, and you get cash you can spend on random loot boxes of different kinds. The loot is what will make you stronger, and you better get a lot stronger as soon as possible, because the longer you play, the harder the enemies get. After like 7 areas, you can go to the last area, which is pretty hard compared to the other areas with a "brutal" boss at the end. Instead of going to the last level, you got the option to go back to previous levels. You unlock new loot to be found, characters and items you can activate before starting to play that changes the game a bit, by completing various achievements, beating certain bosses or finding certain hidden things etc. In other words, while repetitive, there's tons of shit to get you playing the game over and over.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 02/09/2016 at 9:18 AM, MMDE said:

If anyone wonders, it's a pretty fun little game, at least for a while. It gets repetitive eventually. The game has some small exploits, and some glitches that can happen because of it, but never had any real issues with the game. Trophy list is rather easy. Die 50 times was boring, was nowhere near even halfway when I had all the other trophies. If anyone wonders, the 20 drowns can accumulate over multiple playthroughs if you want, and is easiest done with the character with a shield, but that was probably the most annoying one. Beat the game several times, once even without any exploits.

Anyway, the game is just that you get into somewhat randomly generated areas and gotta look for a special place you gotta activate. When activated, you wait 90 seconds before you can go to the next zone. Everywhere around you enemies spawn, but especially when you've activated the location, and then a boss usually spawn too. Gotta kill it all before you can move on to next area. You level up as you kill enemies, and you get cash you can spend on random loot boxes of different kinds. The loot is what will make you stronger, and you better get a lot stronger as soon as possible, because the longer you play, the harder the enemies get. After like 7 areas, you can go to the last area, which is pretty hard compared to the other areas with a "brutal" boss at the end. Instead of going to the last level, you got the option to go back to previous levels. You unlock new loot to be found, characters and items you can activate before starting to play that changes the game a bit, by completing various achievements, beating certain bosses or finding certain hidden things etc. In other words, while repetitive, there's tons of shit to get you playing the game over and over.

What do you mean when you say drown 20 whorls is cumulative if you want? Do you need to do some trick to make it cumulative?

Thinking of picking this up soon.

How much of the trophy list can be done in co-op and how many players would i need?

14 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

What do you mean when you say drown 20 whorls is cumulative if you want? Do you need to do some trick to make it cumulative?

Thinking of picking this up soon.

How much of the trophy list can be done in co-op and how many players would i need?

I did all trophies offline alone, and I got only one controller. :)

20 drowns is basically that you push this one enemy with a shell or something down into a hole where there's water. This can be annoying, not because it's hard, but because you gotta have the enemy spawn on this one level and be in a position where you can push them into the water without killing them while doing so. Random which level you play too, so that adds to it, but you can just play and play new levels over and over without going to the final level. But enemies gets harder and harder and you can't get too strong. Yes, this is annoying, but as I said, can be done over multiple playthroughs.

Multiple playthroughs? Well, it's rogue-like or whatever. You start a playthrough on lowest level with no power ups etc, and you gotta fight yourself stronger, get power ups etc. There are some things you can unlock while playing through, which can help you on another playthrough, like new characters or special starting items or whatever. Mostly through finding secret items or meeting certain criteria etc. Once you die or beat the game, there's no saving mid-playthrough, you start from the beginning again.

The exploit had to do with getting a lot of power ups. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I want to say too many quicker health regeneration power ups or something. To get some of the trophies, you may want to avoid last level until you get very strong first. I know I got so strong at some point I could just play forever with no chance of dying, even if enemies become stronger and spawn more.