Should I buy Minecraft?

AJ_Radio

After getting countless fans, streams and what seems like a ton of awards, Minecraft is a culture of its own. Yet despite its monstrous popularity, unique gameplay and dedicated servers, I have never touched Minecraft, much like I never got into the Pokemon craze in the 1990s.

Still, with the game being available on different platforms. I want to at least give Minecraft a try on the PS3/Vita.

Well I am not creative whatsoever. My house is literally a rectangle. But I really love the game, and with all the updates it receives it's still fun. The trophies aren't too bad either, and you can play with friends as well. I am speaking from PS3 experience, not too sure how it runs on the Vita.

I've never gotten into it, played very little though. Owned the PS3 and 4 Version, unsure as to how to get the vita version as I remember it being free if you got a PS3 Version of the game. Mine didn't have a code. Anyone know anything?

As for your question, most minecraft players either love it or hate it, hardly any in betweeners. I personally don't get the hype or the reason of the game -_-  :unsure: . Or Maybe I Just dont understand it. xD

I've never gotten into it, played very little though. Owned the PS3 and 4 Version, unsure as to how to get the vita version as I remember it being free if you got a PS3 Version of the game. Mine didn't have a code. Anyone know anything?

As for your question, most minecraft players either love it or hate it, hardly any in betweeners. I personally don't get the hype or the reason of the game -_-  :unsure: . Or Maybe I Just dont understand it. xD

I believe that's only with the digital version

• Like 1

I so want to type " don't buy it unless you're -13 years old " but also I don't want people to be butthurt.

Seriously, don't buy it.

I don't have to get it, just like I didn't get any console Pokemon games, but after waiting this long after so many people have played Minecraft I want to see if it's worth buying.

If you're interested: yes

If you're not interested: no

Hope this helps.

It's a different kind of game compared to most out there. So I will.

I think there's a demo on PS3 (I could be wrong though). It takes you through the basics of the game: Survival, crafting, mining, and building things with cubes.

Try it out. Only you know if it's worth your money.

Used to watch a lot of streams on Twitch. Wasn't too impressed but I guess Minecraft is one of those games where it's more fun to play it.

As for your question, most minecraft players either love it or hate it, hardly any in betweeners. I personally don't get the hype or the reason of the game -_-:unsure: . Or Maybe I Just dont understand it. xD

Yeah I didn't understand the hype either. It's gotten so much media attention the last few years that I feel I must try it out, something different as opposed to the shooters, 1st-3rd person games and 2-D/3-D sidescrollers I generally play.

You may be thinking 'yes this is a stupid question', and I agree. But sometimes it's better to ask stupid questions than to ask no questions at all.

Edited by Ian Lee

After getting countless fans, streams and what seems like a ton of awards, Minecraft is a culture of its own. Yet despite its monstrous popularity, unique gameplay and dedicated servers, I have never touched Minecraft, much like I never got into the Pokemon craze in the 1990s.

Still, with the game being available on different platforms. I want to at least give Minecraft a try on the PS3/Vita.

Download the demo, see if you like it. Determine from there if it's worth your money.

If you love killing time by building and exploring - you can even do it with friends too - then you should get it! It's a very relaxing and fun game. Sometimes I get bored and work on my castle, or my mansion, or my (very small) city I'm working on. It's like Legos! How can you go wrong with that? The main game is essentially based on survival but there are modes where you can have unlimited blocks and can just build like crazy if you choose to do that.

Others have mentioned the Minecraft community, which was originally teenage and older people checking out what was originally a fascinating indie project has now spiraled into a game where so many freaking kids play and produce crappy videos of it. If you plan on playing it yourself or play it with your friends, you won't run into any of that anyway, they're all mainly on PC servers. :P

Creative mode is what you'll probably want if you're not 100% into it. That's all I play. I mean, I don't play it all that much, but flying around and building giant floating buildings only to drop lava waterfalls off them onto the unsuspecting assholes below, it's pretty funny.

• 7 years later...

You can use the creative glitch to cheese the list and if you use the bedrock edition you can use console commands and earn the trophies in creative, the Vita version is a lot harder to complete as the creative glitch doesn't work at all. Good Luck!

Edited by Kimura Takahashi