Warframe Dev Confirms New Trophies Are Coming

The-Captain-388

Warframe Official Forum Post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/635081-more-ps4-trophies-coming-in-the-future/#comment-7109411

Basically, Sony had a previous limitation for DLC that they have since removed.  I'd expect quite a few new trophies in the next update, I'm wondering if it will mirror some of Xbox Ones achievements:

https://www.exophase.com/game/warframe-xbox-one/achievements/

^ A few of those are fairly tricky, but doable.

The DLC limit got removed? Sony have opened the floodgates, though we probably won't get anymore DCUO/Sound Shapes/Driveclub DLC. 

I pop on Warframe every few months, but it never sticks. I like the gameplay, though I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, and the world/mission select menus are super confusing. 

• Like 1

The DLC limit got removed? Sony have opened the floodgates, though we probably won't get anymore DCUO/Sound Shapes/Driveclub DLC. 

I pop on Warframe every few months, but it never sticks. I like the gameplay, though I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, and the world/mission select menus are super confusing. 

I'm the same way. I try to get into it, and I want to get into it, but I just can't.

Ah Hell, here we go again.

I actually loved WF and played it with my brother. Got quite good at it too. I was gonna unlock all nodes but then I got bored, esp with no more trophies. It's been a year and I bet a lot has changed. I guess we'll find out soon if they add more trophies.

Is there any possibility of the game getting a platinum or is that not allowed since it wasn't there to begin with?

As far as I know, you can't go back and do anything to the initial trophy list, meaning you can't add in a plat if there wasn't one from the get-go, but then there was a limit on the amount of DLC trophies you could do and now that's gone so who knows, maybe one day!

As far as I know, you can't go back and do anything to the initial trophy list, meaning you can't add in a plat if there wasn't one from the get-go, but then there was a limit on the amount of DLC trophies you could do and now that's gone so who knows, maybe one day!

Not quite true, because there are several games that altered their original list/requirements later (ex: Warframe, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate), but you're right that I've never seen a plat added later.

Haven't deleted my Sound Shapes game from my vita in the hopes that I won't get trolled again when they release another dlc with more silver trophies.

... oh wait, wrong thread lol :D.

On topic: Isn't warframe one of those F2P games where I need to keep putting more money in to get more out of the game?

Haven't deleted my Sound Shapes game from my vita in the hopes that I won't get trolled again when they release another dlc with more silver trophies.

... oh wait, wrong thread lol :D.

On topic: Isn't warframe one of those F2P games where I need to keep putting more money in to get more out of the game?

No, you can literally grind out anything in Warframe if you want.  You can also trade platinum (the RL currency) in game so even if you pay no money you can get platinum by selling things in game to other people.

Sweet!

Warframe is a big wall of mechanics that aren't well explained. The wiki and youtube can tell you everything you need to know. Joining a clan really helps to have fun with the game and gives you access to people who probably have a better grasp on how to do things and whatnot. The game has a lot of depth, customizations, and stuff to do.

Warframe is F2P, premium currency can outright buy you nearly everything, but that's costly and most everything is availabe in game for free with some work. It's pay to skip, money just gets you what you want immediately. Cosmetics and bundles are the only things you can not build or earn in game. Rare gear can be farmed and traded in game in the trade chat for premium currency, so with a lot of effort, everything can be bought without spending a dime. As a primarilly coop game, pay to win isn't really relevant, and besides, just buying gear wont make you a bad ass, you still need to do a lot to your gear to make it great.

The game is a massive grind, but easily the best F2P experience I've ever played.

• Like 1

Not quite true, because there are several games that altered their original list/requirements later (ex: Warframe, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate), but you're right that I've never seen a plat added later.

They're messing around with the trigger points, the trophy description and "requirements" were still the same though. Here's what I mean, like, you know Blacklight on PS4? Sweet game for free. Anyway, it has trophies for reaching level 10, level 34 (I think), and the level cap. An update like 2 years after release changed the level cap and whole leveling system so as to add a prestige system like Call of Duty and a few other things. Then, you could get to level 34 in like a couple hours, instead of a couple weeks, and so on. The trophy "requirements" were still "Get to level 34", but getting to level 34 was a whole lot easier thanks to the update. 

Anyway, my point is that they can go back and update exactly what you need to do to do what you need for the trophy, but they can't actually change the requirement of a trophy, only the way to get the requirement. As you still hit level 34 in Blacklight, it pops the trophy, the requirement hasn't changed, just the way you get to it.

I'd fucking love if they could go back and add plats to games, Walking Dead 2 looks so weird as the odd one out.

Warframe Official Forum Post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/635081-more-ps4-trophies-coming-in-the-future/#comment-7109411

Basically, Sony had a previous limitation for DLC that they have since removed.  I'd expect quite a few new trophies in the next update, I'm wondering if it will mirror some of Xbox Ones achievements:

https://www.exophase.com/game/warframe-xbox-one/achievements/

^ A few of those are fairly tricky, but doable.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but notice we have the same 1st platinum. You are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

i avoided using anything but Melee and me and a friend ran together both using Melee only. so it might work but play it safe., also Infested are the best choice for KABOOM since they swarm you.

Curious because not everyone has a weapon that would work for this trophy.  Rhino would be a super easy method if it worked because of Iron Skin and Rhino Stomp.  If it doesn't ODD or something with the Ogris or Penta would be pretty easy also but the goal is to find the easiest method for the lowest level possible. :P

for KABOOM any of the following weapons "Should" work

• Miter
  • Ogris
  • Panthera
  • Penta
  • Penta (Secura)
  • Simulor
  • Simulor (Synoid)
  • Tonkor
  • Torid

These are all considered "Launchers". i found the Exterminates on Eris to be best for the enemy count. and with a couple of decent and easy to get MODs this should be no problem.

For 8 Waves

The Defense just run and Defense on Mercury Venus or Earth and only take your best Melee with a couple of good MODS.

hope this helps

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

Oh man, time to download it again. lol.

Also, my OCD is kicking in pretty hard seeing the DLC trophy pack list jump from "Update 15" to "Update 18". I hope they add packs for 16 and 17 later (preferably in order too). They should be the same as Xbox One achievements...

Edited by Guimace

I can confirm, Rhino Stomp works for the KABOOM trophy.

I can confirm this also.  Also, it appears using abilities negates the Melee only trophy.  Not sure if it's only active abilities like Rhino Stomp or if something like Iron Skin would negate it as well.

Edited by Quikdrawjoe

I can confirm this also.  Also, it appears using abilities negates the Melee only trophy.  Not sure if it's only active abilities like Rhino Stomp or if something like Iron Skin would negate it as well.

I used Iron Skin the whole time and it did not negate the trophy.  I would guess that Stomp and other actual enemy-impacting abilities would affect it though, I didn't risk it with that.