Dropping Fools must have been fixed

Stargazer2600

EDIT: The dropping fools trick still works as of today. Don't pay attention to the statistics, they will show your losses, but you will still be able to get the trophy if you use this trick.

Thank you Ric for the help

Simply save your data to the cloud or USB, if you win, copy over the cloud or USB. If you lose, delete your save of the system andcopy from the cloud or USB. YOUR LOSSES WILL STILL BE THERE!!!! But if you get 10 wins doing this, the trophy will pop
Edited by Stargazer2600

Have you tried restoring your save untill you won 10 in a row without losing (restoring when you lose)?

Example: win 7, lose 1 (restore), win 3 and see if the trophy pops?

I used this method way back, but I think I remember the stats page still showing your loss/reset streak (the trophy still popped after 10 wins).

The stats might be stored server side, but that may not be what triggers the trophy unlock.

Edit: I'd try to win a couple more than 10 if it doesn't work straight away after 10, the game is a bit buggy with numbers. I had to get almost 1200 respect points for Respected Fighter.

Edited by Ric

Have you tried restoring your save untill you won 10 in a row without losing (restoring when you lose)?

Example: win 7, lose 1 (restore), win 3 and see if the trophy pops?

I used this method way back, but I think I remember the stats page still showing your loss/reset streak (the trophy still popped after 10 wins).

The stats might be stored server side, but that may not be what triggers the trophy unlock.

Edit: I'd try to win a couple more than 10 if it doesn't work straight away after 10, the game is a bit buggy with numbers. I had to get almost 1200 respect points for Respected Fighter.

i can try? that sounds really weird though...

i can try? that sounds really weird though...

It's a possibility. They may very well have patched it. A user on .org said it was working on march 18th (4th post on the link), I don't know if there's been any patches since then. Looking at it from a technical standpoint it's not really that weird. Stats are stored on the server, but trophies/achievements and the likes generally just use the console. Ofcourse I don't know exactly how the trophy system works, but I can see it having separate counters to pop trophies.

Edit: there was a patch on march 29th, but the patch notes don't mention anything about this. If you end up trying it, let us know how it turns out. Just try to get a 10 win streak, and if you fail, just do the trick, you can test it while you try to get the trophy legitimately.

Edit 2: Found a forum post (post 6) where my theory is sort of backed (it's almost a year old though).

Edit 3: And another one (post 10). (same deal as above).

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

It's a possibility. They may very well have patched it. A user on .org said it was working on march 18th (4th post on the link), I don't know if there's been any patches since then. Looking at it from a technical standpoint it's not really that weird. Stats are stored on the server, but trophies/achievements and the likes generally just use the console. Ofcourse I don't know exactly how the trophy system works, but I can see it having separate counters to pop trophies.

Edit: there was a patch on march 29th, but the patch notes don't mention anything about this. If you end up trying it, let us know how it turns out. Just try to get a 10 win streak, and if you fail, just do the trick, you can test it while you try to get the trophy legitimately.

Edit 2: Found a forum post (post 6) where my theory is sort of backed (it's almost a year old though).

Edit 3: And another one (post 10). (same deal as above).

holy s**t it worked. it actually worked. i mean the losses are on my record but i got the trophy upon getting 10 wins using the method

If this really is the case, I'll have to get 10 straight wins somehow.

Fuuuuuuuuck. With all the try hard douchebags that play ranked, this is going to be a bitch now.

Sounds like they're storing the info on their own servers now. Ah well, that's one I'll never get.

check above you guys, it actually works. its just not as clear cut as it sounds

holy s**t it worked. it actually worked. i mean the losses are on my record but i got the trophy upon getting 10 wins using the method

check above you guys, it actually works. its just not as clear cut as it sounds

Awesome! I suggest editing the original post and add the results in bold red letters in case people come on this topic at a later time :). Something like:

The dropping fools trick still works as of today. Don't pay attention to the statistics, they will show your losses, but you will still be able to get the trophy if you use this trick.

Edited by Ric

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Mind that trying to boost this is kinda waste of time during the more busy hours for now at least, got matched once in like 40 attempts with the guy I was trying to boost it with. The game seems popular now with MK XI coming and everything. Had to do it the legit way and beat 9 guys myself.. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-25 at 8:41 PM, Poramies said:

Mind that trying to boost this is kinda waste of time during the more busy hours for now at least, got matched once in like 40 attempts with the guy I was trying to boost it with. The game seems popular now with MK XI coming and everything. Had to do it the legit way and beat 9 guys myself.. 1f605.png

It seems that even 8-10 am during a weekday are considered "busy hours" now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...