Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denvirus

Favorite & Hardest Colossi?

19 posts in this topic

Recently pulled this game out of the backlog to begin playing it (from 2013!) and wanted to reach out to the community to ask two questions:

Which colossi was your favorite to fight?

Which do you think was the most difficult?

I am only through 6 so far, but will update when I have a more accurate opinion.

Everyone will agree that #3 and #15 are the hardest (especially on HTA)...

My personal favourite is #5

#5 is my favourite as well. Really cool fight with really cool music. Alround awesome.

Everyone will agree that #3 and #15 are the hardest (especially on HTA)...

My personal favourite is #5

#5 is my favourite as well. Really cool fight with really cool music. Alround awesome.

Remind me...which was #5 again? Been forever since I've played the game.

Remind me...which was #5 again? Been forever since I've played the game.

The bird that you have to ride on while it flies around. Have to stab it's both wings and tail, I believe.

That one was pretty good. I can't really chose though. Many of them were really good. I enjoyed the water snake, turtle, flying desert dragon, and the big monkey with the hammer.

Colossus #3 was definitely the hardest on HTA though.

picking a favorite is pretty hard. i like so many. i think my favorite would be Dirge nr 10.

the hardest is Gaius nr 3. the hard time atack is insane for that one. u cant even beat that collosi how it is meant to be killed (by breaking his armor). u need to use the sword jump and u need to know how to perfect grip. otherwise its impossible.

Argus (no 15) was a bastard on hard mode. My favourite was probably Phalanx (no 13). Riding around in a massive desert and jumping onto it's wings, to climb onto its back and stab it flying over the desert. One of the best boss battles in all of gaming.

Avion and Quadratus was cool to fight, i dont like fighting gaius and phaedra. Barba,argus and phaedra are very hard in hard time attack but when you face and defeated gaius in hard time attack mode you could consider yourself as an expert, actually you should be an expert to do that.

Edited by Darpiom

Favorite is Phalanx (desert dragon) 

Hardest is Gaius (#3) for sure. Although if you don't do the heel jump on Phaedra (#4) it can be a serious pita. 

Favorite is the balloon guy (Dirge?). I love riding the horse.

Hardest is #3 (which I just learned is Gaius!)

EDIT: Oops. Apparently, the guy with the balloons you have to pop is Phalanx.

Edited by starcrunch061

For years i would have said Avion (5) was my favourite. News of the remake made me pick it up off the shelf and I have to say Pelagia (12) is my new favourite. There's just something about that fight that I really enjoy, maybe it's how you have to manoeuvre the beast around the lake so you can get on to its underbelly. Also as sad as I feel killing some of these things, Pelagia's death animation is the best in the game.

The hardest, I'm doing hard time trial at the moment, and I've gotta say Barba (6) and Argus (15) are brutal.

Edited by paranoia_agent85

My favorite is Cenobia (14th ) and the hardest for me either on normal or hard is Argus (15th) and Gaius (3th) is the most hard for me on Hard Time Attack .

#15 was the hardest by far on HTA. Took me two and a half hours in total to defeat him but ended with 57 seconds left. #3 is a close second. Took me an hour to beat but had only 1.39 seconds left. #4 was a pain just because sometimes he would take too long to get in to position.

My favourite? Tough one, but will probably say #13. A thing of awe-induced wonder and a fantastic fight.

Is this PS3 or PS4?

If PS3, then it's #3 and #15, no real need for any discussion about this I think. All but HTA is pretty easy IMO, but some few of the HTA, and especially #3 and #15 is what determines if you get the platinum or not.

Edited by MMDE

I don't mean to be that guy, but...

This took me an hour to do. I know it was the easiest, I know it's basically a tutorial introducing you to the concept of jumping on a Colossus and climbing up them, but I couldn't do it at all. Half the time I couldn't get the jump from the calf to the thigh. Then I never seemed to have enough stamina to get either of the weak points done, and the short time limit meant I'd fall off and have to start again. When I finally finished it I got lucky, I was on the arm and had enough time to jump off on to the ledge on his back and jump back across. The rest:

#2 - Took me two tries, because the first time I went to the wrong side to get the one on his shoulder. 

#3 - Took a couple of tries to get the sword jump done right, because I quickly realised there was pretty much no way I could control jumping onto his knee and up. Sometimes I got lucky and jumped straight to his chest rather than his waist. Once I knew what I had to do it all came together quite quickly. 

#4 - Beat first time

#5 - Beat first time

#6 - Took two serious tries, I had to figure out how to jump onto his hand rather than the bracelet round his wrist. I got lucky climbing from the beard to the shoulder, I struggled with that part when I wasn't doing the time attack. 

#7 - Beat first time. Didn't have to detach when it went underwater either, I got enough stabbing done.

#8 - Beat second time after the poison caught me out the first time. 

#9 - Beat second time after he missed the geyser on the first go. 

#10 - Beat second time. You need to wait before jumping on him after he's headbutted the wall, you get damaged if you do it too soon. 

#11 - Beat first time, somehow. There's a knack to how you have to face when you're on top so you can stab even when he's moving. He also damages really easily so you can afford to spend some time positioning yourself.

#12 - Beat first time

#13 - Beat first time

#14 - Beat second time because I got cheesed when climbing up the ladder-y bit at the end on my first try

#15 - Beat first time. It took me an hour to beat this thing, in a single attempt, when playing on hard normally. HTA, smashed it.

#16 - Beat first time

I was (and am) really surprised at how easy I ultimately found these on HTA. I kept putting the runs off because I thought it was going to be awful, but they all just fell right into place. I did 6 through 14 in the space of about two and a half hours. Maybe I just got lucky. 

Hi gamers, I finally get the Platinum trophy of this amazing and lovin Game of Shadow of the Colossus to day by beating the #3 colossus Gaius un HTA in PS3 versión with that almost imposible 5:00 time limit with 34 seconds left.

Favorite #3 Gaius un HTA for the effort to beat him.

Hardest #3 for the almost imposible 5:00 minutes yo beat him and the precisión to every hit with rhe sword...

Favorite: #5

Hardest: #3 (time trial)

Favourite was the one that flys around above the water. Number 5 I think.

Now this number I remember. 

NUMBER 3!!!

The 3rd Colossus was the biggest arsehole. He caused me the most trouble by far.

I hate you No.3. You're now dead, sucked in.