Parker's 5 Year, $50 Giveaway (And Some Other Prizes)

Parker

Want $50?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Want Some Free Money?

• Yep
    • Shut Your Whore Mouth, Parker

As for why I joined the site, I used raptr back when I was mainlining xbox. When I picked up my first ps3 they slowly stopped supporting PSN trophy syncs. I saw one of the trophy cards for this site on the raptr forums (which I generally avoided due to their hostile nature) and it led me here. I was impressed with the breakdown of the statistics page and started lurking on the forums here for a good few months. I found that the community was very kind compared to the internet at large so I decided to become active on the forums.

I nominate AndyLish79 for the $20. He was one of the people that really got me to enjoy being here. He hasn't been on much lately, but I'll leave this nomination and some tea for him :coffee:

Edited by B-Brawl3r

As always, Parkers pulling out all the big guns for a give away! Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Now that I have more time:

My nominations

-Ultraxian: I rarely have games to boost but when I do, its a one time thing. Ultraxian was different, he was at first a boost partner that showed me there is more to boosting than just, trophy hunting. What started out as a boost partner turned out to be one of my best PS friends.

-StrickenBiged: When I joined PSNP, I had no friends and had no weight to my name. When I posted or status updated, I was just an anon practically. StrickenBiged was the first I remembered that consistently showed in my Status Updates, which made me feel noticed and that my updates went noticed. He was the person that made me feel like I belonged first.

-Akira: After I've become more noticed, I feel he has become a true rival. We've had our fair fights on updates, and his comments always make me laugh.

Edited by TigressLion

What, people were complaining about using the like system to enter things? I thought it was a pretty good idea when I first saw it.

You gotta love how one person so far has voted for the second option. lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512

Edited by Masamune

I would like to nominate my pal Omar (http://psnprofiles.com/forums/user/26259-omar/). He's easily one of the best members I've had the pleasure to chat and discuss various video game topics on this page.

Plus, he has opened a series of articles called "We love the Plats" in which he touches some of the most important aspects of trophy hunting in a brilliant, almost flawless way of writing and inviting us to discuss about them and have an overall fun time.

Lastly, I recently read his Final Fantasy XIII guide because I've been having thoughts about starting it soon. In short words, it looks well-polished and offers a solid way on how to approach the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, if I may, I would like to participate in the $10 giveaway too:

There are two main reasons why PSNP grew on me the more I have visited it.

1. My bud list:

True, I'm guilty of charge in the sense that I haven't been keeping up with everyone I have added, but for the ones I do, they have been some of the nicest people I've met in my life. In fact, some of them have come to know certain parts of my personal story, and vice versa. As a result, we have established a firm camaraderie that is only fueled up when we game/boost together.

#nohomo

2. The boosting sessions:

PSNP has easily the finest and most simple boosting sessions system to use as far as I know. Not only you can leave notes to detail your plan or rules for everyone to see and consider before joining, but you can also adapt it to your own timezone to make the schedule much more comfortable to remember and place somewhere in-between your daily life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty much it :D

P.S: Thanks a lot for doing this Parker! :yay:

P.S.S: Answered yep to your poll btw.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

This is a very cool idea Parker! Here are my "choices":

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I answered yep to your poll for the $50 and wish everyone the best of luck in that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- As for the $20, I still haven't quite decided. I will update this specific post for my answer with this.

- Now for the $10; Here goes nothing.  Question: "why you come to PSNP and what sets it apart from other websites?"

I come on PSNP because of the wide variety of features the site has to offer. it has a spice of something for everyone. Want to chat with others? This site has a whole section for that. Your a trophy guy? No problem, two words, boosting sessions. There's something here for everyone. Now I can't write why I come here without mentioning the community. The PSNP community is one of the most awesome communities I've ever had the privilege to be a part of; why you ask? Diversity. I get to meet all sorts of people on this site. That's what separates this sites from others. There is something in this site that lures people from all over the world! It's truly a remarkable thing when you take the time to take a few steps and look at the picture as a whole. I could go on and on about how great this site is but I feel I've said enough. Whether I win anything from this or not, it doesn't matter. I get the joy of being a part of the PSNP community; and that, my friends, makes me already a winner. Thanks everyone & goodnight!     

Awesome giveaway Parker. 

Question about the nominating part of the giveaway. Are you wanting us to nominate just 1 person or can we choose multiple members? I've probably changed my mind 10 times in the last 10 minutes so if it's just one person, I'm going to have to think about it for a while.

I've answered yes to the poll.

For the third question: my answer is that this site was the place where I felt like I could enjoy having fun with everyone, and how everyone gets treated with equal respect (so long as you yourself give the same respect back) rather than give priority only to those whom are more interactive with the community. I never have to worry about getting hustled by anyone, and if I ask for any question regarding gaming or real life, I know that I can always count on the community here for a quick and timely response.

Lastly, I honestly can't think of any person to nominate for the $20 seeing as there have been a lot of people that I wanted to give thanks for helping me out during boosting sessions.