Parker's 5 Year, $50 Giveaway (And Some Other Prizes)

Parker

Want $50?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Want Some Free Money?

• Yep
    • Shut Your Whore Mouth, Parker

I would like to nominate Dragon-Archon for the 20$. He posted this awesome PSNP New Year's Contest and giveaway in which I won (from the giveaway) one year Prenium membership for this site xD . Also he has done lots of more cool stuff on this site for example guides.

• Like 1

Pfff parker you spoling us big time I nominate you as a person who does give aways and contests and all that you should win something too. If your not willing to oblige I can send cookies lol.if im nit able to nominate you I nominate tigresslion. My reason for joining psnp was solely to boost but the more I check forums and join sessions the more friends I make and fun in playing with you guys and gals online

Edited by Ultraxian
  • Like 1

Well time to put my 2 cents in for a small chance to win some change.

I'll nominate effdeegee because in my opinion he's one of the pillars of the PSNP community. Also it seems that he has a habit of buying too many games and could use some sponsoring :awesome:

I have been active at a lot of sites. Playfire, Reddit, GAF, PST.org, Gamefaqs, YGC (back in the day). I didn't even join PSNP that long ago forum side, i think it has been 'officially' 2 years now? Anyway, at first i stayed here because the forum template is fantastic and enjoyable to use in comparison to other messy forums (looking at you GAF) But ultimately it's the community that makes this place great and it's awesome to be a part of that.

This gotta be arguably the best week in PSNP history.  :o  

That'll easy be beat once the PSNP update arrives ^^

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

A lot of great nominations so far. Most of the members that I would like to nominate have already been mentioned so instead of repeating them, I'll just list a couple of people on my list that haven't been mentioned yet.

Floriiss: He made me a great banner that I'm really thankful for and he asked for nothing in return. His work can be seen all over the forums in banners, signatures, avatars, etc. Despite being busy with life and wanting to play games himself, he takes the time to work on graphics for anyone who wants them on the site. That deserves a nomination in my book.

Hemiak: An active member of the community whose posts I enjoy. He offered me several great tips that helped me get the Catherine platinum in a recent event. He runs my favorite PP with the "Challenge Accepted" trilogy and I enjoy reading his banter in events like the Trophy Hunters League or plat races. Although, I still have nightmares about that Thanksgiving Kangaroo he created. 

Why do you come to PSNP and what sets it apart from other websites?

I originally joined this site for the gaming sessions. I'm not a fan of multiplayer so I was interested in anything that could help me get those trophies over with quicker. I believe the game that first brought me here was Bioshock 2. After joining sessions for that and other games, I started spending some more time with the site and loved the overall simple clean design as well as things like my profile page, milestones, trophy cabinet, and other features.

Those things were what originally drew me to PSNP, but now they are secondary. The main reason I come to this site on a daily basis, is the great community here. There is always something interesting to find on the forums. Whether it's discussing games and sharing stories with other members or entering any of the varied community events, there is never a shortage of things to do. I enjoy participating in or just reading the banter in friendly competitions like the THL or in community building events like The Lottery, Let's Play (or We Play's), Platinum Rain Day and so on. I've met a lot of great people on this site and they have truly motivated me to be a better gamer. Not just by providing me motivation to finish a game that I might be struggling with or encouraging me to expand my horizons and try different games and genres that I might not have typically played, but by always being friendly and offering to help whenever needed. Before finding this site, my only experience with other gamers was through playing MP in games. Let's just say that wasn't always a pleasant experience. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the great community here and it's amazing seeing the amount of people who are generous enough to spend their time helping one another. The site design and it's features are great, but the people and events are what make PSNP the best for me.

• Like 1

I would like to nominate Kevinnummer1 and jarethgeason .I nominate them because they've been really friendly to me during the 3 years I've spent on this site. They're both really kind, really helpful and probably the best friends I've had on this site.

As for why I visit PSNP everyday, its because of the community and more importantly because of Sly. I've never seen a community as good as this and this is actually the first and only community forum I am a member of. I mainly joined because of the chat, because I just wanted a nice chat where I could just talk to people about games and I loved the chat since the day I joined. Also, Sly is definitely the best site admin I've ever seen. He constantly keeps improving the site, fixes bugs immediately and also listens to the communities opinions on how to improve the site, which is pretty awesome. PSNP is definitely something special and I dont think any other site can replicate what we have here, ever...

1. Of course I entered myself to win. I am not a complete idiot.

2. I choose to nominate Dragon_Archon, specifically for working with Platinum Rain Day. It is my favorite community event and I have so much fun with it

3. Why did I join? For an easy way to track my trophies. I am still here because of the awesome community and helpful people on the site.

4. This is for the D-Bag who wins all 3 prizes.... I hate you.

• Like 1

Good on ya', Parker, you glorious bastard. :jaymon:

$50 - Yep (please, of course). :)

$20 - madbuk is a dedicated trophy hunter that focusses on his school studies, treats females and staff with respect, doesn't swear too much and has been one of the longest serving members of the chat box, forums around the web and the overall PlayStation community in general. People treat him like crap 365 days per year and he still soldiers on. He only gets money from birthdays and Christmas (and is too derpy to GET A DAMN PAYPAL, buk!, you friggin' little monkey) so, it would be nice if he could have a little extra dough to cover all of the dlc he consumes. :P

$10 - I originally signed up to this website because .org had a requirement where you needed two trophy cards in order to sign up for their 100% Clubs and I already had a YGC card. After reading around the forums for a bit, I realized that the site's design was up to date, clean and user friendly, the profiles and stats were laid out very nicely and the site's overall stability was noticeable, relative to the other sites (YGC always down, .com trophy info failures, .org outdated services).

Now, since 2012, it's the only site on the web that I use. As soon as I open my eyes, it's the first thing I check on my phone, I spend the whole day here and it's always the last thing I check before I turn out the lights to sleep. I've watched the site and all of it's members mature and I can honestly say that I love this site. <3

P.S. I liked the main post anyway cuz haters can kiss my bum. :D

• Like 3

I'd like to nominate anybody who could be classed as staff. For doing a great job in making this site what it is.

I joined this website once I saw a trophy card from here on another website. I stayed for the stats and leaderboards. I don't know anybody in my personal life who plays videogames at all never mind care about trophies. Previously knowing I had 56% on game X didn't mean a whole lot. Now I know for game X thats an A and compared to other people who love to do what I do thats pretty good. Seeing your rise up the leaderboards is really satisfying, especially when you notice you've just passed somebody you recognise from the forums. Finally breaking into the top 1000 for my country felt bloody great. The Guides here are better here than anywhere else, in particular how they link to our trophy lists. I'm always disappointed when I find my latest game doesn't have a guide here.

The community here on the forums is fantastic as well. I love following all the competitions and community events and just general conversation about games. Finally I love this site because it's members are a friendly bunch unlike the keyboard warriors lurking on most gaming news websites. When I got my 100th plat recently my mates couldn't care less. A status update here was greeted with congratulations by several people I'd never meet. You can't get better than that can you

First of all, thanks a ton! 5 years is a hell of a long time too, so congrats.  :)

I said yes of course. I'm not an idiot.

And why did I join? Well I had been poking around on .org for a little while, and never really liked it there. I originally knew this site through the trophy cards, and one day I decided to peak into the forums. And I found them to be so clean and friendly, and people were very welcoming. Now I can recognize most of the people here, and it's kind of become like a second home. Wow that sounds kind corny to write!  :lol: But it is true!

I left my vote on the poll :)

As for the person who I believe deserves the $20 prize is an easy choice.... Dragon-Archon :D This guy is the cornerstone of PsnProfiles and there seems to be nothing he won't to help this community whether it be informal and useful guides, to creating wicked thread ideas with some really unique aspects (I mean just check out the kick ass Star Ocean platinum thread he created :) ) he also always seems to help you ... ( even though trying to catch him in platinum races always seems to be impossible :shakefist: )

As for why I come to this site rather than others is the fact our community is always so friendly to everyone and we all seems to want to help each other out to get the best experience from gaming that we possibly can :) 

• Like 1

1. Yes please.

2. I nominate BeautifulTorment for being a great Coop partner and a great friend too :') 

3. I joined this website early on #OneoftheFirst because .com was terrible and i believed that this site would become so much better, and that i could continue with the banter in this chat. Its a pretty good place to update my profile too though. 

This is a pretty awesome giveaway. For the $20 giveaway, I'd like to nominate either ShadowStar83x for being such an awesome friend or my friend xZoneHunter as he made some good trophy guides for Beyond Good And Evil HD and Until Dawn plus he started the Project Platinum thing and that's a pretty good thing.

For the $10 giveaway, I enjoy coming on PSNP as it has a lot of great things like an awesome community, great people that became my friends on here, a great guide system and I love the layout of the site. Plus the site itself is a really great site and functions pretty well on PS Vita and PS4 when I sometimes like to go on PSNP while I game. And those things I mentioned are what sets it apart from other websites but then again the only other gaming website I used and had an account was IGN prior to me joining here and I mostly just posted comments on the articles.

• Like 1