Favorite 5 Games Ever?

WOWJAREDISCOOL

Hm....This'll be really hard considering how massive my collection is...here goes...

1. Resident Evil 2

2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

3. Sonic Generations

4. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

5. Heavy Rain

Runners up...Link to the Past, Grandia II, Diablo II/LoD, Warcraft III/TFT, RE Code Veronica, REmake, RE1, God of War 2, God of War Ghost of Sparda, Dante's Inferno, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon (N64)...basically, way too many

• Like 1

1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1) – Best boss battles

2. Final Fantasy X (PS2) – Epic ending

3. Vagrant Story (PS1) – Incredible game design

4. Mass Effect 2 (PS3) – Fantastic universe

5. Heavy Rain (PS3) – Intense, shocking story

6. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (PS3) – Great gameplay, characters, fun

Choosing just one game in certain franchises is extremely difficult but I went with these...

Absolutely can't choose between 5&6 :rolleyes:

Hmm that's a though one. I enjoyed most of the games I have played on my PS3 so far, but ofcourse every game has some things I don't like.

Definitely Dead Island & Red Dead Redemption.

Bad Company 2 too.

And ehmm.. yeah definitely Just Cause 2.

And I would say the AC series, still haven't made a decision and will probably never will between AC2, AC:R and AC3 of which one is my favorite. Haven't played AC:B due to being released for too long and connection issues. Wish I would have started earlier and could play the MP when the trophies were still more easily manageable.

There is no specific order in this games btw.

In no particular order:

Batman: Arkham Asylum - The best combat system I ever played. I haven't bought Arkham City yet but it will be on my list soon.

Bioshock - The story just blew my mind.

Okami - My all-time favorite PS2 game.

Portal 2 - The puzzles never felt like a chore and so satisfying to solve and the writing is awesome. GlaDOS and Wheatley's dialogues are so clever and funny.

Pokemon Red

1. Red Dead Redemption -PS3- (Amazing game that I have played repeatedly since it's release. Best western game out there, great storyline and gameplay)

2. Fallout 3 & DLC -PS3- (Another game I haven't been able to stop playing since it's release. I love post-apocalyptic games. And this one is at the top of the list for me.)

3. Assassins Creed 3 -PS3- (I have been so enthralled with this series since the first Creed game came out. Love the continuing storyline and gameplay. #3 takes the cake for me.)

4. Medal of Honor -PS1- (I can remember the very first time I played this game, it amazed me. Classic Nazi killing and still on my top 5 list to this day.)

5. Donkey Kong Country 2 -SNES- (The very first game that I got completely hooked on when I was a kid. I played this game for hours and still play it from time to time to this day. One of the greatest.)

1. Batman Arkham City/Asylum - Not only a good game "for a superhero" game. Its a great game weather you like Batman or not.

2. God of War 2. - I have loved this game since I got it on ps2. great graphics/settings/better weapons over the first game.

3. Dead Space. - when played with the brightness set correctly it makes this game even better.

4. Lego Games - I like the simplicity of the games and the funny cutscenes, voiced or not. Batman 2 DC Universe being my favorite of course.

5. assassins creed series - the first game was one of my fist ps3 games, and Ive loved it ever since.

• Like 1

Last Gen Games (Not in particular order)

- ICO , Shadow of Colossus "Very Artistic and Great Soundtracks, where's The Last Guardian?"

- Okami / Zelda Wind Waker "I put these two together because both were tons of fun and very similar"

- Mario / Kirby "Yep I'm talking about these games in general both Racing and Platformers"

- Crash Bandicoot / Jak and Daxter "May I go on...?"

- Spyro The Dragon "First Game I've ever played and made me love games ever since"

This Gen Stuff

- Demon's / Dark Souls "Not a hard game but defiantly shows it's old school credit / unique online system unlike most games"

- Uncharted Series "Best Shooter Online/Offline Period."

- PSN / Steam Downloadable Games "This comes from games that made by indie developers like Thatgamecompany, Giant Sparrow, Santa monica Studios etc. etc. etc."

I'll give a Big List of the Downloadbale games I enjoyed....

- Journey

- Flower

- flOw

- From Dust

- Fancy Pants Adventures

- Rock of Ages

- OutLand

- Cuboid

- Braid

- Limbo

- Binding Of Isaac (Steam)

- Trine

- Super Meat Boy (Steam)

- Chivalry (Steam)

- LittleBigPlanet

- PSVita Stuff Enjoyed most of their games this year, like Gravity Rush, Rayman origins, Golden Abyss, and LBPVita / Sound Shapes

Not exactly a "five Game list" but It's the Best I can come up with. :wub:

What a tough question! I would say these titles are the top 5 for me because they literally blew me away the first time I played them -

1. X-Com: UFO Defence (Even today, with the updated X-Com: Enemy Unknown out, this game is hands down untouchable, even after being out 17 years!)

2. Legend of Zelda (OMG, role-playing AND you can save without a password?!?! [You old school NES gamers know what I'm talkin' about :wave: ])

3. Metal Gear Solid ( the most creative action game of its time - Stealth or run-n-gun? Whichever way you want to play B) )

4. Grand Theft Auto 3 (First sandbox ever, and done so well!)

5. Legacy of Kain (Best voice acting and story ever, imo. One of the few titles that has a protagonist that is a bad guy!PLEASE REBOOT THIS SERIES)

Top 5 is rough...

Allegiance

Final Fantasy Tactics

Bioshock

Demon's Souls

Timesplitters: Future Perfect

#1-3 are set in stone, but #4 and #5 would probably change from day to day. In a fair list they'd usually be FFVIII and FFX, but that's boring.

Demon's Souls felt much more polished and immersive then Dark Souls did for me (I played Dark Souls first). Timesplitters: Future Perfect has the best offline multiplayer I've ever played and was a huge part of my highschool days.

Speaking of the past, anything Isomniac or Naughty Dog produced prior to this gen is also a favourite. Spyro and Crash got me into gaming and I fell in love with J&D and R&C. I haven't played the new R&Cs yet so I can't judge them, but I doubt Isominac screwed the winning formula up more than Deadlocked did. Uncharted was honestly a bit of a let down, I'm hoping 2 and 3 are better. But yeah, a longer list and both companies would be well featured.

• 4 months later...